Rumor Mill from Senior Bowl 1/24

Patriot Killa

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, RichardTodd27 said:

His stats (at the pro level) say otherwise.

His stats are a reflection of his character... if he wasn't doing what he was doing off the field his on the field production would have been much better... plus there are QB's in the league today that are worse than Manziel but they're not wrecks off the field.

4 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

If the Jets draft Faker Mayfield at 6 I’m done, tickets not getting renewed till after draft, you CAN’T sell me on anything Mayfield as far as NFL, AND you can’t sell me on taking Mayfield at 6 this year, BUT passing on a far far far far far far far far far far superior prospect at 6 in Mahomes.

I just bookmarked the Chiefs shop, and if Mayfield is the pick I’m out, jumping ship to KC, and burning all my Jets sh*t, and ordering a Mahomes jersey **** this regime, dumber then the Kotite regime, and it’s not even close.

Good bye cruel world.

1655787_481087038658139_1016897480_o-940

52 minutes ago, varjet said:

Based on college, bowls and combines, who would you rather have-Mahomes or Allen?  I think its Mahomes, not even close.  Where was he picked? How can someone pick Allen be picked at 6?

Some "experts" had talk of him being taken #1.  This year more than most will have QB's  over drafted. I'm personally on the Mayfield bandwagon. Yes I'd take Mahomes over Allen. May I also say I don't rate Mahomes. 

5 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Because Baker is not making it passed Washington if he makes it passed Denver and we don’t pick him. 

If Denver doesn't get Cousins they will take Mayfield.  But I don’t see him going elsewhere.  Still, even if they do land Cousins, they’re at 5 and pose a dangerous trade partner with other teams in need of a QB. 

2 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

Accuracy is clearly something that jets can’t teach when it comes to Developing QBs.  Allen makes me very nervous 

At this point I would be very surprised if mccagnan staked his job and scout reputation on a guy like Allen. I would think he'd prefer to either trade up for Rosen or darn old or sign cousins. 

2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

At this point I would be very surprised if mccagnan staked his job and scout reputation on a guy like Allen. I would think he'd prefer to either trade up for Rosen or darn old or sign cousins. 

These are really his best options. 

2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

I'd be shocked if Cousins isn't his #1 option. It's easily the safest one. Other than that, yeah, he'd need to trade up for the next surest thing. Figure that to cost around the team's first and second this year, along with next year's first. 

3 hours ago, JiF said:

He forced his way out of his first college with the help of mommy and daddy because he wasnt starting but he's not entitled?  

I think people want to pretend Mayfield isnt a **** stick because he could end up on the Jets but make no mistake, he's a **** stick.  Who knows, maybe that helps him in the league but his actions speak louder than words.

As mentioned before, I could find a hundred fluff pieces about Johnny Football that talk about his work ethic, leadership and how much his teammates loved him.  This is what goes down this time of the year.  

Also, there is this: 

Image result for baker mayfield swinging his arms gif

Oh. My. God.

I want him more than ever!

4 minutes ago, slats said:

I'd be shocked if Cousins isn't his #1 option. It's easily the safest one. Other than that, yeah, he'd need to trade up for the next surest thing. Figure that to cost around the team's first and second this year, along with next year's first. 

And if Mccags uses free agency to sign several young players he may view that as a proxy for drafting a few guys if he trades up. 

Bottom line, his job depends on this. At this point I would be pretty shocked if they either don't sign cousins or trade up for a qb. He's out of lifelines here. 

The Jets will lob in a mediocre offer for Cousins.  See where the market is.  Cousins would be the solution to all of their problems if at a reasonable price. 

The smart move would be to somehow coincidentally lose the Cousins bidding war but obtain Denver's draft pick.  That keeps Denver from trading it to someone else.  At 5 we get someone good.

Sign McCown no matter what for Schmuck Insurance.  Hope at 5 or 6 we can get Mayfield or Rosen if he drops, which is possible.

If Mac is smart he is playing the PR game here.  Sign McCown so the team is at least entertaining for awhile.  If they can draft Mayfield or Rosen, they will definitely play, and could do well.  Don't give up too many draft picks, so they need other offensive players (maybe all of them).  

If QB hungry teams believe that there are 3 top QBs (Rosen, Darnold and let's say Mayfield), then there will be a bidding war for that #3 pick.  I can see a scenario where some teams will go all in on Cousins, and during this time, others will try to secure that #3 pick ahead of time.

Pat Kirwan and Jim Miller early on NFL radio were talking about Mayfiled.    Kirwan said to JIm... YOu saw who I was talking to last night.... He loves baker....  Jim responded with and he should know QB's he's a Hall of Famer.... So unless I am reading to much into that excahnge I think it's safe to say that guy is Elway... So unless the stories about the Browns loving Allen are false it's looking like Darnold, Rosen and Mayfield willbe gone before we pick...   Macc needs to trade up with the Giants or Colts.... He cannot wait and miss on getting Mayfield or Rosen in my opinion and I like Allen but I much higher on those 2 guys..

23 minutes ago, lounap23 said:

Pat Kirwan and Jim Miller early on NFL radio were talking about Mayfiled.    Kirwan said to JIm... YOu saw who I was talking to last night.... He loves baker....  Jim responded with and he should know QB's he's a Hall of Famer.... So unless I am reading to much into that excahnge I think it's safe to say that guy is Elway... So unless the stories about the Browns loving Allen are false it's looking like Darnold, Rosen and Mayfield willbe gone before we pick...   Macc needs to trade up with the Giants or Colts.... He cannot wait and miss on getting Mayfield or Rosen in my opinion and I like Allen but I much higher on those 2 guys..

Dan Marino is absolutely in love with him too

Which of these two does Macc Draft..

It’s going to be year four for Bowles and Maccagnan which means it’s make or break time for these two. The idea of them putting their careers on the line with a 1st round QB is enough for them to pass on drafting one.

The bottom line is they can’t afford to lose 10 games next year, and betting on rookie QB to exceed 6 wins is wishful thinking. So they won’t do it.

They’ll rearrange their draft board so all the QBs within striking distance at #6 are well below the next best DE/CB/WR, and they’ll sign a stop-gap QB who can wrestle them to 8 wins. They’ll then draft another 2nd round project QB they can “groom for the future” and do their best to extend their Jets’ careers for another year by preaching “we’ve made progress” over and over again.

10 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Dan Marino is absolutely in love with him too

True.... Maybe Miami wants to jump Up.....  Either way Mac has got to get to 2 or 3 to avoid losing out on Brett Favre and ending up with Browning Nagle... if you know what I mean.

1 hour ago, slats said:

This is the Jets’ entire offseason in a nutshell 

Archived