Rumor Mill from Senior Bowl 1/24

Patriot Killa

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Lith said:

Benjamin Allbright the day we promoted Bates: "Safe to say that the Jets and Allen can be linked now."

Benjamin Allbright the day that Twitter rumors pop up that Elway is very intrigued by Allen's potential: "Media is ackshully higher than the teams are on Allen, everything else is fake news."

3 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Benjamin Allbright the day we promoted Bates: "Safe to say that the Jets and Allen can be linked now."

Benjamin Allbright the day that Twitter rumors pop up that Elway is very intrigued by Allen's potential: "Media is ackshully higher than the teams are on Allen, everything else is fake news."

Guy is a ******* idiot. 

Manish Mehta has competition.

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

Guy is a ******* idiot. 

Manish Mehta has competition.

IMG_20180124_194018.jpg

Allbright the year Paxton Lynch came out.  He said we were "enamored" with him and that he wanted Denver to stay away from the guy. 

12 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Haaaaa sources

27 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

ma I hope not...COMPILERS do not win in the NFL

We'll see.

Just from the few clips I've seen of him from the practice yesterday, he looks the part of what NFL teams are looking for in a QB in today's NFL.  Just referring to the Mayfield/Allen video that's been posted here, Allen missed the entire target.  Mayfield's ball went right in the small basket.  Surprisingly to me, his foot work looked OK.  Think he's going to interview real well. 

20 minutes ago, flgreen said:

We'll see.

Just from the few clips I've seen of him from the practice yesterday, he looks the part of what NFL teams are looking for in a QB in today's NFL.  Just referring to the Mayfield/Allen video that's been posted here, Allen missed the entire target.  Mayfield's ball went right in the small basket.  Surprisingly to me, his foot work looked OK.  Think he's going to interview real well. 

Mayfield just based on number of college starts/completion % alone would be worth taking at 6. At some point the Jets have to take a shot. I dont think Bowles looks at it that way though. Likes to get his guy on defense then bow out to the scouts in round 2(besides last year)

3 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Mayfield just based on number of college starts/completion % alone would be worth taking at 6. At some point the Jets have to take a shot. I dont think Bowles looks at it that way though. Likes to get his guy on defense then bow out to the scouts in round 2(besides last year)

Mayfield would also be an excellent bit of fan service. Even if he sucks, he’ll provide three years of interest.

17 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Yep. Even Davenport’s stock took a hit yesterday, apparently. Very interesting.

speaking of pass rusher ...Shaquem Griffin is a BEAST. Expect him to shoot up boards from now to the combine when he displays elite athleticism.

and I agree on the Kirk Cousins scenarios. Denver seems to be stuck between starting over on the back end of their defense or sticking it out for Cousins. Demetrius and Emmanuel have to be getting up there too huh? Aren’t they like 31,32?

I'm reading the opposite on Davenport.  Jets had interest at #6 but Browns may take him at #4.

https://brownswire.usatoday.com/2018/01/24/john-dorsey-shows-big-interest-in-utsa-de-marcus-davenport/

7 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

I'm reading the opposite on Davenport.  Jets had interest at #6 but Browns may take him at #4.

https://brownswire.usatoday.com/2018/01/24/john-dorsey-shows-big-interest-in-utsa-de-marcus-davenport/

I’ve copy and pasted pretty much every update the last two days.. all said he needs to learn how to get his pad level lower and he is a work in progress talented but very raw. #4 would be utterly stupid .. even for the Browns.

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

I’ve copy and pasted pretty much every update the last two days.. all said he needs to learn how to get his pad level lower and he is a work in progress talented but very raw. #4 would be utterly stupid .. even for the Browns.

This guy plays in my home town and Mike Mayock compared him to DeMarcus Ware...it's draft season who knows who to trust.  But the guy was awesome with the Roadrunners.

https://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/college_sports/utsa/article/NFL-Draft-guru-UTSA-s-Davenport-is-No-10-12518950.php

49 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Mayfield would also be an excellent bit of fan service. Even if he sucks, he’ll provide three years of interest.

All he has to do is grab his crotch and repeatedly yell "f*ck you" at Bill Belichick, and he will become a folk hero around here.

19 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

All he has to do is grab his crotch and repeatedly yell "f*ck you" at Bill Belichick, and he will become a folk hero around here.

Same media apparatus whom convinced half the fanbase that a bad defense dancing during a timeout represented a culture change, and boy aren’t they spunky. Mayfield would be a god here if he beat Belichick once.

24 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Not all apparently:

http://draftanalyst.com/senior-bowl-buzz-tuesday-night

Conversely there’s a love fest going on for Marcus Davenport of UT-San Antonio. Davenport looked the part and played to it much of the day. I’m told teams like him as both a defensive end and 3-4 outside linebacker. Davenport exclusively lined up at defensive end today, and I did not see him stand up once. It will be interesting to see if they try him in an upright position over the next two days, as we alluded to in our defensive preview.

Combine! 

2 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Call me crazy but I'd honestly be more interested w this than paying cousins 

i put Jackson in that bucket too

I’d be interested in Jackson if I thought we had the coaching staff in place to make it work, which we don’t. But, it’s crazy that the Jets might try to hand ~$28 mil per year to a QB who wouldn’t sell a single PSL. With Mayfield, at least you have the mythos.

12 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

You can’t cheat on Cousins with Davenport. I’m just saying.

Lol I see what you mean you be news guy didn’t mean encroach

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

But, it’s crazy that the Jets might try to hand ~$28 mil per year to a QB who wouldn’t sell a single PSL

How teams make money!

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

It doesn't matter really. The way things are going Mayfield won't be there at six and Macc doesn't have the ability to trade up to get him or any of the other QB's. Teddy Bridgewater here we come!

52 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I’d be interested in Jackson if I thought we had the coaching staff in place to make it work, which we don’t. But, it’s crazy that the Jets might try to hand ~$28 mil per year to a QB who wouldn’t sell a single PSL. With Mayfield, at least you have the mythos.

With the right coaching staff Jackson could be a lot of fun to watch. 

5 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

“wEEaK!”

Sheesh!

It was an light punch at one of the few posters I actually like around here?.He doesn’t need anyone to stick up for him.

I could care less about the cheap shot at Gato...thought it was more of a deflection...as you asserted there were  negative comments on Davenport...when everything I read suggests he's moving up the draft boards...care to share a link on your previous commentary?

20 hours ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

I get what you're saying and it makes sense. But i think that the scenario depends on two things:

What someone is willing to pay to move up and how close are your grades on rosen, Darnold, and Allen. 

If someone offers you the Robert griffin type trade price, do you really say no to that if you're the browns? The browns need a lot of good players and obviously a Qb as well. But if they fall pretty close gradewise on all 3 guys, you can probably move back and then trade back up to 3 to get the last qb you want. Obviously, if they love one guy over another, i think your scenario has merit as well. 

Yea I agree if they don't have "a guy" then by all means trade down and take what's left over but if they feel they have their guy sitting there at #1 and they are dead set on getting "that guy" then I don't think you entertain a trade down. 

1 hour ago, Jetscode1 said:

I could care less about the cheap shot at Gato...thought it was more of a deflection...as you asserted there were  negative comments on Davenport...when everything I read suggests he's moving up the draft boards...care to share a link on your previous commentary?

What are you his boyfriend now? I legitimately like Senor .. I don’t have to take cheap shots at anyone .. let’s be honest ..was the comment really thaaat wickedly offensive that it can be misconstrued as a “cheap shot” or are you just hurt because someone talked about the player who “played for your hometown” . You sound really foolish right now for even coming at me side ways. And yeah I think I can manage to scrounge up the twitter feed.

Archived