Rumor Mill from Senior Bowl 1/24

Patriot Killa

4 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Mayfield was measured late after practice yesterday. Came in at 6’0. And I agree .. Price is a VERY impressive prospect. He comes from Ohio St. the same alumni our last great Center Nick Mangold came from. 

measured at 6' 3/8" to be precise w/9.5" hands

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, lounap23 said:

And that is the very truth..... there are 4 things that have to align for anyone of these talented QB's in any draft to be successful

1.  Their Physical tools

2. Work ethic

2. The right Offensive System

3. Great Coaching

The top guys have #1....   But the other 3 well that's a crap shoot..... and that's where everything needs to align

Example

Let's say Darnold has #1, #3 and #4 but no work ethic he's gonna be terrible to maybe average wherever he goes

But If he has #1, 2, and 4 let's say with the Browns, again  he will be terrible to maybe average  but let's say he goes to Denver and he has all 4 he's a franchise guy.....    

So do your due dilligence and get the guy that will be best in the system you have and pray the CS is up to snuff and the kid has the work ethic needed.

The guy we pick will only have one of the #2s!  ;)

2 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Mayfield is actually known for being extremely hardworking. He's more of a Brady/Rodgers "been passed over, got a chip on my shoulder" types than an entitled Manziel type.

Humble, I would agree with.

He forced his way out of his first college with the help of mommy and daddy because he wasnt starting but he's not entitled?  

I think people want to pretend Mayfield isnt a **** stick because he could end up on the Jets but make no mistake, he's a **** stick.  Who knows, maybe that helps him in the league but his actions speak louder than words.

As mentioned before, I could find a hundred fluff pieces about Johnny Football that talk about his work ethic, leadership and how much his teammates loved him.  This is what goes down this time of the year.  

Also, there is this: 

Image result for baker mayfield swinging his arms gif

2 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

If the Jets draft Faker Mayfield at 6 I’m done, tickets not getting renewed till after draft, you CAN’T sell me on anything Mayfield as far as NFL, AND you can’t sell me on taking Mayfield at 6 this year, BUT passing on a far far far far far far far far far far superior prospect at 6 in Mahomes.

I just bookmarked the Chiefs shop, and if Mayfield is the pick I’m out, jumping ship to KC, and burning all my Jets sh*t, and ordering a Mahomes jersey **** this regime, dumber then the Kotite regime, and it’s not even close.

You really need to get a grip. Your level of obsession with Mahomes is unhealthy. 

8 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Which is about what everyone’s has been from the start. Mac is stupid if he down plays Mayfield’s ability because of size. He finally measured btw.

6’1(barely cracked it)

Just out of curiosity, when was the last time a QB under 6'2 went in the 1st round.

9 hours ago, SenorGato said:

Know who this FO has been widely reported as interested in? This guy:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000528646/article/jets-inquired-about-trading-for-redskins-kirk-cousins

just fuucking stop with Cousins posts and threads every 10 seconds, we got it that you want him...now go fap to a picture of him and stop crapping over every single thread with Cousins nonsense...

59 minutes ago, JiF said:

He forced his way out of his first college with the help of mommy and daddy because he wasnt starting but he's not entitled?  

I think people want to pretend Mayfield isnt a **** stick because he could end up on the Jets but make no mistake, he's a **** stick.  Who knows, maybe that helps him in the league but his actions speak louder than words.

As mentioned before, I could find a hundred fluff pieces about Johnny Football that talk about his work ethic, leadership and how much his teammates loved him.  This is what goes down this time of the year.  

"Forced his way out?" He was a walk-on who outplayed the starter but didn't get the starting gig because Kingsbury had promised it to a kid on scholarship. So he transferred without being recruited to a better school, sat out a year, then won the starting job there as a walk-on and proceeded to shatter OU passing records win three Big XII titles and the Heisman trophy.

How can you claim he's entitled? The guy was given nothing and has earned everything he's accomplished and has accomplished A LOT.

If you think he's a jack@$$ that's your prerogative, he's certainly acted like one at times and that's concerning. But the idea that he hasn't worked hard and is entitled is ludicrous. He's earned his success more than just about any college football player in recent memory. He has a reputation for being a hyper competitive grinder.... Whereas Manziel supposedly "didn't watch film except for the Alabama game." There's no comparison. 

3 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

just fuucking stop with Cousins posts and threads every 10 seconds, we got it that you want him...now go fap to a picture of him and stop crapping over every single thread with Cousins nonsense...

joooooohnnnnny unbunch your panties and move on with your day. You just bumped a post from 9 hours and several pages ago specifically to thwow a tantwum no one cares about over things that aren’t happening. Go **** a goat buddy, thanks! 

16 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

"Forced his way out?" He was a walk-on who outplayed the starter but didn't get the starting gig because Kingsbury had promised it to a kid on scholarship. So he transferred without being recruited to a better school, sat out a year, then won the starting job there as a walk-on and proceeded to shatter OU passing records win three Big XII titles and the Heisman trophy.

How can you claim he's entitled? The guy was given nothing and has earned everything he's accomplished and has accomplished A LOT.

If you think he's a jack@$$ that's your prerogative, he's certainly acted like one at times and that's concerning. But the idea that he hasn't worked hard and is entitled is ludicrous. He's earned his success more than just about any college football player in recent memory. He has a reputation for being a hyper competitive grinder.... Whereas Manziel supposedly "didn't watch film except for the Alabama game." There's no comparison. 

So to recap, Baker Mayfield wasnt happy someone was going to challenge him for the starting position that he deserved.  So he got mommy and daddy to get a lawyer to challenge the NCAA to let him go play at another school without sitting because once again, thats not fair.  He was a walk on and not a scholarship player and therefore, should receive special treatment.  

IDK - that sounds like entitlement. 

And I never said he didnt work hard.  I said he's entitled dbag.  Who knows what that means at the next level.  I wouldnt touch him because I dont think he's an NFL QB but I never said he didnt work hard.  Clearly being a walk on who accomplished what he did requires a lot of effort.

21 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

He can just go back a year and a half and copy all of his "Mo Wilk"posts and just cross out Mo Wilk and replace it with kirk cousins.

42 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

The positive thing is the Allen top 5  pick is falling fast. Even our GM won't be dumb enough to pick him at 6..

I hope...

Based on college, bowls and combines, who would you rather have-Mahomes or Allen?  I think its Mahomes, not even close.  Where was he picked? How can someone pick Allen be picked at 6?

20 minutes ago, JiF said:

So to recap, Baker Mayfield wasnt happy someone was going to challenge him for the starting position that he deserved.  So he got mommy and daddy to get a lawyer to challenge the NCAA to let him go play at another school without sitting because once again, thats not fair.  He was a walk on and not a scholarship player and therefore, should receive special treatment.  

IDK - that sounds like entitlement. 

And I never said he didnt work hard.  I said he's entitled dbag.  Who knows what that means at the next level.  I wouldnt touch him because I dont think he's an NFL QB but I never said he didnt work hard.  Clearly being a walk on who accomplished what he did requires a lot of effort.

I left because they weren't going to give him a scholarship.   At least that's the story I have heard.

Archived