Per sources, Jets could offer Kirk Cousins fully guaranteed contract. (Merged Cousins Jets $$$ thread)

1 hour ago, jetspenguin said:

Wait....Mahomes has played all of 1 game right? Lets not crown the kid yet, he hasnt done anything. 

No one is crowning anyone... Come on now!!

My point concerning Mahomes was a simple one. 

Mahomes is simply not that much worse than the guys coming out now and procuring his services would have required NO TRADING AWAY of draft picks!!!!

That is the key point!!!................Not that I think that Mohomes is an automatic HOF......I simply have NEVER EVER implied any such thing...

And the fact that KC is willing to get rid of Alex Smith  for Mohomes tends to make me feel that they agree with me!

• Upvote 2

We don't need Cousins. Why waste most of our 76Million on a bumb that's injury prone? C'mon guys.... If he goes down then what? I'd rather keep McCown, acquire impact free agents and keep that #6 pick and still have cash left.  Think about this please!!!!! 

Don't waste a pick on California QBs either.   They're never battle tested nor proven.  Just pretty boys in good weather.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Orlando said:

We don't need Cousins. Why waste most of our 76Million on a bumb that's injury prone? C'mon guys.... If he goes down then what? I'd rather keep McCown, acquire impact free agents and keep that #6 pick and still have cash left.  Think about this please!!!!! 

Don't waste a pick on California QBs either.   They're never battle tested nor proven.  Just pretty boys in good weather.

Nice first  post. Welcome to the board. 

5 minutes ago, Orlando said:

I agree. California QBs are TOTAL GAYS

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

No one is crowning anyone... Come on now!!

My point concerning Mahomes was a simple one. 

Mahomes is simply not that much worse than the guys coming out now and procuring his services would have required NO TRADING AWAY of draft picks!!!!

That is the key point!!!................Not that I think that Mohomes is an automatic HOF......I simply have NEVER EVER implied any such thing...

And the fact that KC is willing to get rid of Alex Smith  for Mohomes tends to make me feel that they agree with me!

I get your point...my point is that since he has literally played in ONE game no-one not even KC can be sure what they are getting. There is no way we can speculate that he is any better than any of these kids coming out. I can see the argument for Watson because he has enough games to show he can play but we dont know if Mahomes is any better than these guys. KC getting rid of Smith was just a smart football move and a roll of the dice. They have at least a 50% chance of being completely wrong. I mean I was never a Mahomes fan but I wasnt down on the kid either. In 3 years he can prove to be miles below these guys performances. 

Let's take this back up in a few years, who knows what it will look like then. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

14 minutes ago, Orlando said:

you lost me at keep McClown

The Washington Redskins kickstarted the offseason by trading for Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Alex Smith in a blockbuster deal that took the NFL world by storm. As a result, Kirk Cousins is poised to become the biggest name in free agency, and he’s expected to field offers from a number of teams hungry for a quality QB.

There are a number of potential suitors that will compete for Cousins’ services. However, teammate and safety D.J. Swearinger said he will ultimately end up with the Denver Broncos during an appearance on NFL Network’s Up To The Minute Live:

“I think its Denver. With the situation out there on defense, they’re missing their quarterback. Kirk [Cousins] is a great quarterback. I wish we could’ve had different things on that but the business is the business,” Swearinger said. “I think Kirk will be getting a healthy payday and I think Denver is the team that can do that.”

The Broncos have long been linked to Cousins following their disastrous 2017 season. Star linebacker Von Miller has kicked it up a notch with his own recruiting tactics as of late.

Now it seems Swearinger can be added to the list of those confident he will land in Denver.

Needless to say, the Broncos will have to compete with a number of other quarterback-hungry teams for their potential franchise player.

Kirk Cousins

The New York Jets have emerged as the early betting favorites thanks to their deep pockets and ‘whatever it takes’ approach to signing Cousins. However, there is no doubt that Denver is in a far better position to get back into the playoff race as soon as next season. It will be interesting to see which route Cousins ultimately takes this offseason.

14 minutes ago, Orlando said:

Plz don't jinx us.  We're already cursed.

You are essentially giving yourself an erection over Ryan Fitzpatrick 2012.

Two things:

1.  He isn't coming here.
2.  He sucks.

Now grow up and start looking at the 4th and 5th best QB's available in the draft.

SAR I

Just now, T0mShane said:

http://amp.profootballweekly.com/lists/2018/02/19/4a8739b093db442ebd542e0c20f19cc0/?__twitter_impression=true

tl;dr This prediction has it the Jets whiff on everyone (Cousins to Minnesota, Tyrod to Denver, McCarron to Browns) and the Jets end up re-signing McCown, two years/$25 million. 

That isn't going to happen. I know it makes you happy because you love pain. But they would sign Teddy Bridgewater or someone else. 

• Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

You are very confused on how to accurately assess a decision to pay a QB like Cousins a certain amount of money that you have clearly shown in your posts, finally here your getting somewhere thou, there is a very big puzzle, and when you put all the pieces together you can come to a informed decision, spewing stupid nonsense like just his stats is just that stupid for a reason to pay anyone any amount of money.

When I look at the finished puzzle after evaluating Cousins my conclusion is no ******* way at 30-35 million per year, never! You should be fired if you have a roster the Jets have, and do something like this in an effort to go 8-8, and save your job, because that’s exactly what this would be a job saving grab.

I will write this for the last time in big caps so you can’t not see it.

IF THE JETS WERE GOING TO GET KIRK COUSINS FOR A REASONABLE CONTRACT THAT HE IS WORTH, AROUND 18-22 MILLION PER I’D BE EXTREMELY HAPPY AS LONG AS THEY ALSO STILL DRAFTED A QB VERY EARLY IN THE DRAFT WITH ONE OF THEIR FIRST 3 PICKS!!!!!!!

No confusion at all on how to accurately assess the decision to pay a QB.  I understand the market.  You don't.  Plus, your evaluation is a moving target, depending on your whims.  Record matters for some, while eye tests for others.

As already mentioned, starting QBs don't get $18-22 mil per in this market anymore.  Garappolo just got $27.5 mil per after only 5 starts.  Alex Smith just got $23.5 from the Skins.  Thus, in this market, Cousins would command at least $25-30 mil per.  That's reality.  You, on the other hand, can continue your ravings in the fantasy world of your own creation on NFL contracts.

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

It should absolutely 100% be noted that the Jets are hardcore negotiating with themselves right now.

Macc is like Norman Osborn in the original Spider-man movie looking in the mirror, but arguing over how much higher he should offer Cousins.

Mirror-1.jpg

• Haha 3

29 minutes ago, Maxman said:

That isn't going to happen. I know it makes you happy because you love pain. But they would sign Teddy Bridgewater or someone else. 

I want to take the scenario (where the only QB Maccagnan can sign is McCown) and splice it with a human embryo, then implant that embryo into a uterus, and then wait for this embryo to be born, where I will raise it to adulthood, at which point I will murder it and make a suit out of its skin, which I will wear proudly around town for the rest of my days.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

13 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

http://amp.profootballweekly.com/lists/2018/02/19/4a8739b093db442ebd542e0c20f19cc0/?__twitter_impression=true

tl;dr This prediction has it the Jets whiff on everyone (Cousins to Minnesota, Tyrod to Denver, McCarron to Browns) and the Jets end up re-signing McCown, two years/$25 million. 

Interesting.  I don't think McCarron at that price dissuades Cleveland from taking a quarterback with either the #1 or the #4.  But spending that much on Tyrod, I think the Broncos would be looking to Nelson or Barkley @ 5.  

In this scenario, one of the top 3 quarterbacks could fall to us.  Or maybe we take Lamar Jackson @ 6 and let McCown be his Obi Wan Kenobi.  I could live with that.   

13 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I want to take the scenario (where the only QB Maccagnan can sign is McCown) and splice it with a human embryo, then implant that embryo into a uterus, and then wait for this embryo to be born, where I will raise it to adulthood, at which I will murder it and make a suit out of its skin, which I will wear proudly around town for the rest of my days.

So, that means you like it, right?

• Haha 1