JETS TRADE UP TO THREE MAC DADDY IS A PIMP

T0mShane

11 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

I'm excited about Rosen, I'll get excited about Darnold but right now I'm down on him for not throwing at the combine, I'm scared of Mayfield at 3 and think there's a decent chance we could have had him at 6, and I'm terrified we're taking Allen.

I'm excited we're taking a QB, no question, but there's a lot that can get in the way of the guy who's clearly projected as the best one. 

I hear you. Fair enough. I am terrified of Allen too. But Mayfield, your mid ground. Wouldn't you still be excited at the idea of seeing him trot out there for us instead of what we have been fielding? Isn't that worth the risk of QB3??

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

It’s so very sad that we’ve drafted so putridly that fans have actually bought into the idea that 2nd round picks have no value.

They do have value.  Perhaps not to us.  The problem with this trade isn't that we gave up the 2nd rounders.  It's that we still probably don't get Rosen/Darnold.

Just now, TeddEY said:

They do have value.  Perhaps not to us.  The problem with this trade isn't that we gave up the 2nd rounders.  It's that we still probably don't get Rosen/Darnold.

It's laughable that mccags fleeced Seattle for a 2nd rounder and kearse.  Sheldon is a jag, no way worth a 2nd round pick.

3 minutes ago, pointman said:

I hear you. Fair enough. I am terrified of Allen too. But Mayfield, your mid ground. Wouldn't you still be excited at the idea of seeing him trot out there for us instead of what we have been fielding? Isn't that worth the risk of QB3??

Excited is a different construct entirely in that regard.

Would Mayfield be fun to watch, unquestionably.  Maybe the most fun.  So, as someone who has a ton of other life priorities right now, a reason to actually turn on the TV on Sundays would be great.  However, from a moving the Jets towards a Super Bowl perspective... Do I think it was a good idea to trade up for Mayfield.  Nah.

Just now, TeddEY said:

No probably about it, unless the Giants lose their minds and draft Allen or Mayfield.

I like Mayfield a lot.....at pick 10-15 which is what his risk/reward is worth. Even at 6 ok.

We spent three 2’s and a first for a mid-first round quality prospect if it’s Mayfield.

Ifits Allen.....

22 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

I'm excited/hopeful.  But, there's a good chance we still end up with QB 3.  Everyone is projecting a bunch of different players to the Giants, but I don't see why they're not taking a QB.  Eli's about done.

Yeah but if there’s three #1 QB’s in the draft then what does it matter?

elway, kelly, Marino...fine fine fine 

2 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Not entirely. We’re not even completely sure that they’ve got the first two right.

Ha! The only hope for this group has always been falling ass-backwards into a QB, so at least they're playing to their strengths.

1 minute ago, David Harris said:

Yeah but if there’s three #1 QB’s in the draft then what does it matter?

elway, kelly, Marino...fine fine fine 

And if there are 6 #1 QBs in the draft then we wouldn't have needed to trade up.

The problem is, there's really only two, a wildcard, and a guy who really looks the part.

10 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Isn’t about me. I wanted Mayfield we’re likely to get Mayfield.

The price.....

I'm trying very hard not to fall in love 

I am trying to just see what they do and then start my bromance 

1 minute ago, TeddEY said:

And if there are 6 #1 QBs in the draft then we wouldn't have needed to trade up.

The problem is, there's really only two, a wildcard, and a guy who really looks the part.

If mayfield were an inch taller he'd be in the discussion for #1.  That's all it would take for the perception he isn't short.  He's not 5'9".  He's built sturdier than Rosen.

1 minute ago, Larz said:

I'm trying very hard not to fall in love 

I am trying to just see what they do and then start my bromance 

For the price we’ve paid and the failures we’ve endured, sloppy thirds for prospects that would usually be mid-first or later......isn’t good enough.

Macc must get it right or it’s another five years of sh*t.

Just now, Warfish said:

For the price we’ve paid and the failures we’ve endured, sloppy thirds for prospects that would usually be mid-first or later......isn’t good enough.

And if we didn't trade up we'd have 5 years of what?

10 minutes ago, Warfish said:

It’s so very sad that we’ve drafted so putridly that fans have actually bought into the idea that 2nd round picks have no value.

Or we just realize your never gonna compete for a ring with out franchise QB .  We also realize losing 2 2nd rd picks and Sheldon (Sea 2nd) isn’t even close to mortgaging our future . 

4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Can we wait to see what they do and give the player a year before we start crying?

Sheesh dude 

1 minute ago, Scoop24 said:

Or we just realize your never gonna compete for a ring with out franchise QB .  We also realize losing 2 2nd rd picks and Sheldon (Sea 2nd) isn’t even close to mortgaging our future . 

Well...let’s remember that when our shiny new QB is sacked for the 50th time and is stuck with middling talents like Powell and Anderson around him.

2 minutes ago, Larz said:

Can we wait to see what they do and give the player a year before we start crying?

Sheesh dude 

No one is crying mate.

We’re all just talking here.

Is your belief in these moves so weak a little alternate viewpoint troubles you?

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Well...let’s remember that when our shiny new QB is sacked for the 50th time and is stuck with middling talents like Powell and Anderson around him.

Shiny new QB probably won’t see the field till the end of season anyway . We have ton of money and  all our picks but the 2nd . To build a offense around him going into ‘19.

you know sorta like rams did with Goff . 

3 minutes ago, Larz said:

Sheesh dude 

We’ve tried your way for years. Turns out an uncritical fanbase gets forcefed pigsh*t. Nobody is obligated to be mega-happy about every move until long after it becomes obvious to the entire rest of the world that it was dumb from jump.

3 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

Shiny new QB probably won’t see the field till the end of season anyway . We have ton of money and  all our picks but the 2nd . To build a offense around him going into ‘19.

you know sorta like rams did with Goff . 

So we shouldn’t bother caring about 2018 then. Understood.

Just curious, how many years till we can analyze these moves? Five?

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

So we shouldn’t bother caring about 2018 then. Understood.

if thats the way you want to take thats up you you..  jets aren't fielding a championship roster this year.. but im sure you know this and your gonna complain anyway. 

Look I’m glad we’re likely to get Mayfield and I’ll hope for the best.

But people applauding this GM and his QBrecord from the day he started till now....are fooling themselves. 

This offseason has been a disaster of failure, mediocrity and overpayment.

If our pick is a success it’s pure dumb luck....it sure as hell wasnt competant General Management.

1 hour ago, dbatesman said:

That’s the problem though. I think Rosen and Darnold will both be gone and Mayfield likely would have been there at 6 anyway.

FWIW, based on rumors I've seen out there I don't think there's a snowball's chance in hell that Denver drafts anyone other than than Mayfield if they had their choice between Allen/Mayfield/Non-QB.

1 minute ago, David Harris said:

Says you

Says me, and most talent evaluators, yes.

Still, hard to figure what your point is.  That if it's my opinion that there are two top tier QBs, than being at 3 could be a problem.  Take that me and my logical consistency.

7 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

We’ve tried your way for years. Turns out an uncritical fanbase gets forcefed pigsh*t. Nobody is obligated to be mega-happy about every move until long after it becomes obvious to the entire rest of the world that it was dumb from jump.

OK, so I'm holding you responsible from here on out 

Levy the appropriate criticism or you're fired 

25 minutes ago, Larz said:

So staying at 6 would have been problematic, no? 

I should rephrase. There are three QBs worth it, at least in my mind, but the best teo will be gone by 3 and the third probably would have been there at 6. I think we’ve basically put ourselves in a position to draft the one guy who’s not worth a sh*t.

5 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Look I’m glad we’re likely to get Mayfield and I’ll hope for the best.

But people applauding this GM and his QBrecord from the day he started till now....are fooling themselves. 

This offseason has been a disaster of failure, mediocrity and overpayment.

If our pick is a success it’s pure dumb luck....it sure as hell wasnt competant General Management.

What makes the offseason such a disaster?? Do tell. 

Archived