JETS TRADE UP TO THREE MAC DADDY IS A PIMP

T0mShane

1 minute ago, jetrider said:

The fact that Macc tried to move up to #1 means Darnold is in the mix.

The fact that Macc stockpiled backup JAGs (Bridgewater, McCown) means Rosen is in the mix knowing that backups will play a bigger role with an injury-prone starter.

And, of course, the fact that Macc wants the #1 could simply mean the Jets are clueless about who they want and need all options alive on April 26. 

Do you think that’s the plan? Use 3 as a pit stop and try for the 1?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

He won’t be there at 3

The Rosen hype is only on JN. Giants won't take him. The GM already said a player that gets hurt a lot continues to get hurt a lot. They want another dependable stalwart like Eli, their recipe for success.

5 minutes ago, usanyj said:

I don't think so, I think it was well we don't want to give up next year's 1st pick and to move to 1 or 2 that's what it was going to cost. They figure Barkley, darnold or Rosen is acceptable but at 6 getting stuck with not one of those three guys is not.

Sure they might get Rosen or Barkley, but they are aiming for Rosen and this move was perfect.

Low low cost for the guy you want.

They would have went higher but the cost was too much, if anyone else does pay that price, it won't matter because we will still get out guy... Rosen, darnold or Barkley.

Anyone talking about the other two QBs are high if they think we will draft them at 3.

18 minutes ago, usanyj said:

Not sure about a pit stop but Macc already tried is what I'm saying.

Jets explored moving to No. 1

Posted by Mike Florio on March 17, 2018, 4:46 PM EDT
gettyimages-841377526-e1521319597600.jpg
Getty Images

It’s still unclear who the Jets are targeting with the third overall pick in the draft. The latest tidbit regarding the move from No. 6 suggests that they’re definitely leaning quarterback.

Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News reports that the Jets talked to the Browns about a move all the way to No. 1. Which means that, potentially, the jump to No. 3 is merely a pit stop on the way to the top of the draft.

If the goal is to get a quarterback, the move to No. 3 means that the Jets feel sufficiently strongly about at least three quarterbacks to justify giving up three second-round picks for the privilege of moving up three spots in the pecking order.

The apparent interest in a quarterback makes the decision to re-sign Josh McCown at $10 million and to sign Teddy Bridgewater in the range of $5 million even more curious, and it suggests that, eventually, 2016 second-rounder Christian Hackenberg (who has never played in a regular-season game) will be gone.

It also cuts against the win-now vibe that G.M. Mike Maccagnan and coach Todd Bowles otherwise have been exuding. A high pick spent on a player who won’t play could have been a high pick spent on a player who will play.

For who, who will be drafted by the Jets — and who will play quarterback this year and beyond — remains to be seen.

16 minutes ago, jetrider said:

The Rosen hype is only on JN. Giants won't take him. The GM already said a player that gets hurt a lot continues to get hurt a lot. They want another dependable stalwart like Eli, their recipe for success.

So Rosen is not good enough for 2 ? He would be there at 6 your saying ? Lol 

1 minute ago, jetrider said:

You said he won't be there at 3. Go back and reread. I didn't mention 6.

You just said the Rosen hype is only wih jets/JN. You trashed Rosen like giants would easily pass on him. So if we had not made the trade with colts, Rosen would have likely fell to 6 if he is only a jet hype 

3 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

You just said the Rosen hype is only wih jets/JN. You trashed Rosen like giants would easily pass on him. So if we had not made the trade with colts, Rosen would have likely fell to 6 if he is only a jet hype 

You're connecting imaginary dots while I stay on point. Your comment was about 3. I wasn't looking past 3.

For me this move is for Rosen, especially on the heels of his impressive pro day where he displayed wind/bad weather doesn't affect his ability to throw.

Since they can't control what happens at 2, if Rosen gets plucked I think the Jets are prepared to take Mayfield/Allen as a consolation and feel good about it.

But the target is Rosen. Barkley is not plan B, it will be one of the other 2 QBs. Jumping to 3 ensures the Jets will not be on the clock with all 4 top QBs gone, which could have happened at 6.  That would have been a death sentence for Macc's career, so he took the possibility off the table.

48 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Lol how much green beer you drink tonight ? I said Rosen probably doesn’t make it to 3. You said he is just jet hype. 

Funny, I thought you were drinking (and can't hold it) posts ago. Guess I was right.

4 hours ago, jetrider said:

Jets explored moving to No. 1

Posted by Mike Florio on March 17, 2018, 4:46 PM EDT
gettyimages-841377526-e1521319597600.jpg
Getty Images

It’s still unclear who the Jets are targeting with the third overall pick in the draft. The latest tidbit regarding the move from No. 6 suggests that they’re definitely leaning quarterback.

Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News reports that the Jets talked to the Browns about a move all the way to No. 1. Which means that, potentially, the jump to No. 3 is merely a pit stop on the way to the top of the draft.

If the goal is to get a quarterback, the move to No. 3 means that the Jets feel sufficiently strongly about at least three quarterbacks to justify giving up three second-round picks for the privilege of moving up three spots in the pecking order.

The apparent interest in a quarterback makes the decision to re-sign Josh McCown at $10 million and to sign Teddy Bridgewater in the range of $5 million even more curious, and it suggests that, eventually, 2016 second-rounder Christian Hackenberg (who has never played in a regular-season game) will be gone.

It also cuts against the win-now vibe that G.M. Mike Maccagnan and coach Todd Bowles otherwise have been exuding. A high pick spent on a player who won’t play could have been a high pick spent on a player who will play.

For who, who will be drafted by the Jets — and who will play quarterback this year and beyond — remains to be seen.

If there was a "vomit" emoji... it would go here.

I hated the move for many reasons-they are going to end up taking baker at 3 when they could have had them at 6-forget about the fact that if the jets just played hack the second half of the season the jets would not have to give up anything....

the only pick that I hope the jets make is Barkley-he can come right in and dominate-if the Jets go QB I almost feel bad for him-guy has a poor o line a scrub rb and our wrs are bad-really bad-now somebody will surely bring up Anderson-he is a decent player but on most teams he is the wr3-even the browns no less have gordon and landry ...

Is it at all possible that we trade down if the guy we wanted isn't there at 3? Let's say that Darnold and Rosen were the only two QB's that Macc felt worthy enough to trade up to 3, but are both gone? Do you trade down for a King's ransom and then still draft a 2nd tier QB? You'd have to imagine that teams would be salivating over Allen and willing to give up multiple 1st rounders to get him. In reality, there is no way we pass on Allen, and I'd be fine with the pick.

I'm just throwing sh*t against the wall because eventually, one of my bold predictions will stick.

12 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

IMO, this is a fair critique, but it’s not nearly as incoherent as what the Eagles were doing just prior to trading up for Wentz.

watson is going to be better than any of this years guys and most that saw him in college knew he was special-last year before he got hurt he looked like one of the best qbs in the league and their offense was putting up monster numbers-after he ws gone their offense was terrible

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

IMO, this is a fair critique, but it’s not nearly as incoherent as what the Eagles were doing just prior to trading up for Wentz.

We definitely overpaid for McCown, but a 5 million dollar risk on a potential comeback player of the year was a flat out baller move by Macc. If we end up paying the 15 million, something is going right. Yes, in hindsight, we could have drafted Watson or Mahommes, but that doesn't change the fact that giving up three second rounders was an intelligent move to get a franchise QB. A mistake last year doesn't negate a good decision this year.

1 minute ago, kmnj said:

watson is going to be better than any of this years guys and most that saw him in college knew he was special-last year before he got hurt he looked like one of the best qbs in the league and their offense was putting up monster numbers-after he ws gone their offense was terrible

Just now, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

We definitely overpaid for McCown, but a 5 million dollar risk on a potential comeback player of the year was a flat out baller move by Macc. If we end up paying the 15 million, something is going right. Yes, in hindsight, we could have drafted Watson or Mahommes, but that doesn't change the fact that giving up three second rounders was an intelligent move to get a franchise QB. A mistake last year doesn't negate a good decision this year.

Agree on both counts. This trade-up doesn’t mean that Maccagnan is a better GM than he was two days ago, but at worst it’s a little bit of fan service. At best, it results in a good QB

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Agree on both counts. This trade-up doesn’t mean that Maccagnan is a better GM than he was two days ago, but at worst it’s a little bit of fan service. At best, it results in a good QB

Phew, order is restored on this site. You honestly had me worried yesterday. What time did the fever break?

Just now, T0mShane said:

I think most gms would say both darnold and Rosen are better prospects than Watson and mahomes.  That's why darnold and Rosen are projected to go 1/2 in a stronger class than last year, when a DL went first and Watson wasn't even projected in the top half of some mock drafts.  You could also argue that some would say Rosen and darnold are better prospects that both Mariotta and Winston as well.  And this is all before you consider that some experts think mayfied or allen are the best.  

I know Watson looked good in his limited action but guys who run too much scare me.  Look at wentz, how he got hurt, scrambling and he's a pocket passer.  The reality is that guys like Watson and Lamar can't take those risks in the pros, defenders are too fast and their skinny legs are going to get nailed.  I'd much rather have Rosen, darnold or mayfield than Watson or Lamar.  And for all the criticism of mayfield, most of the concern is about his height.  If he were an inch taller he'd be considered for #1 if he isn't already.  He passes the eye test with flying colors.   

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

At worst it's another however long this buys him in job security worth of stupid decisions. Nobody cares what a great deal we got to move up in 2009. It's not hard to figure out what's going on when everybody is rushing to cram as much celebrating in as possible before this pick gets attached to an actual football player.

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

I think most gms would say both darnold and Rosen are better prospects than Watson and mahomes.  That's why darnold and Rosen are projected to go 1/2 in a stronger class than last year, when a DL went first and Watson wasn't even projected in the top half of some mock drafts.  You could also argue that some would say Rosen and darnold are better prospects that both Mariotta and Winston as well.  And this is all before you consider that some experts think mayfied or allen are the best.  

I know Watson looked good in his limited action but guys who run too much scare me.  Look at wentz, how he got hurt, scrambling and he's a pocket passer.  The reality is that guys like Watson and Lamar can't take those risks in the pros, defenders are too fast and their skinny legs are going to get nailed.  I'd much rather have Rosen, darnold or mayfield than Watson or Lamar.  And for all the criticism of mayfield, most of the concern is about his height.  If he were an inch taller he'd be considered for #1 if he isn't already.  He passes the eye test with flying colors.   

What GMs think has little value. What do the fans think is most important.

Just now, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

It's not hard to figure out what's going on when everybody is rushing to cram as much celebrating in as possible before this pick gets attached to an actual football player.

Thank God for you to set everything right. Stop celebrating people, it will be short lived. image.jpeg

24 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I find it funny when people are critical of 1 year deals.. I’ll enjoy having that 15 mill to spend on FA next year . To build a offense around my Franchise QB. 

1 minute ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

At worst it's another however long this buys him in job security worth of stupid decisions. Nobody cares what a great deal we got to move up in 2009. It's not hard to figure out what's going on when everybody is rushing to cram as much celebrating in as possible before this pick gets attached to an actual football player.

You see, this is the thing too. If they draft Mayfield (or Allen) the pressure to play either will be intense, and there’s noooooo chance that Todd bumps the rookie over both McCown and Bridgewater. Point being, there’s still potential here to have your cake (etc) if you want a young QB —AND—you want regime change. The team, as currently constituted, is going to win six games or less with an expensive rookie stapled to the bench. Much potential for a train wreck.

7 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Buuuut, Rosen already has significant concussion issues, and he’s still going to get hit in the head. He also had shoulder surgery and was perpetually injured during his UCLA career. I’m not sure I’d bet a nickel that he lasts in the NFL any longer than Watson or Lamar. 

Was their any indicator that Macc was going to draft Hackenberg in that draft?  I need to find out who he likes.  It could be possible that he likes all 3 to the point where he's fine with whoever is left at 3.  I really don't think it's Allen because I just don't see them trading up to get him.  I think they would stay put at 6 and see if he fell to them.  So I really feel like the move is for Darnold/Rosen/Mayfield and I'm with either of them.

6 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

I find it funny when people are critical of 1 year deals.. I’ll enjoy having that 15 mill to spend on FA next year . To build a offense around my Franchise QB. 

The Jets are projected to have $120 million in cap space next offseason, to boot.

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Buuuut, Rosen already has significant concussion issues, and he’s still going to get hit in the head. He also had shoulder surgery and was perpetually injured during his UCLA career. I’m not sure I’d bet a nickel that he lasts in the NFL any longer than Watson or Lamar. 

This is the X factor.  I still think the giants or bills take him 2nd.  Which is why i think we end up with mayfield.  But Rosen's pure talent may lure mccagnan into a huge risk.

Archived