JETS TRADE UP TO THREE MAC DADDY IS A PIMP

T0mShane

39 minutes ago, GREENLANTERN said:

Listen Im as happy about being able to draft our franchise quarterback as anyone but...

You do realize the reason the gm had to trade away drafting 4 starters(1,2,2,2) is because the coach started a journeyman quarterback instead of a third string quarterback getting him experience to win 5 meaningless games.

Sorry but we would have

Been better off with the losses.

Been better off with the third string quarterback getting experience.

Been better off keeping four starters(1,2,2,2).

Been better off with the #1 pick because of such.

Thanks coach. Not.

Now hopefully they draft the right franchise qb at 3 because if they fail to we will have another decade of misery guaranteed.

Sorry if I’m not in the crowd jumping up for joy how we got 3rd pick.

But it’s done, so I pray.

Lantern

The tank angle is old and just as wrong today as it was to think it was a possibility before the season.  Its over, give it up already

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Sully80 said:

Doubt they trade down with Giants ready to pull the trigger on either a QB or Barkley. My guess is they stay put and hope for Barkley at 4. 

The Browns reportedly want to trade out of one, or wanted to, or was a pre free agency smoke smokescreen.  I they truly wanted to trade out, i would be curious on what the difference from going to one would have been as opposed to the move the Jets made to move up to 3.

Just now, Jet Nut said:

The tank angle is old and just as wrong today as it was to think it was a possibility before the season.  Its over, give it up already

Can’t argue the point huh?

Tell me how we are better off losing four starters for winning 5 games.

thats all just curious.

12 minutes ago, GREENLANTERN said:

Listen Im as happy about being able to draft our franchise quarterback as anyone but...

You do realize the reason the gm had to trade away drafting 4 starters(1,2,2,2) is because the coach started a journeyman quarterback instead of a third string quarterback getting him experience to win 5 meaningless games.

Sorry but we would have

Been better off with the losses.

Been better off with the third string quarterback getting experience.

Been better off keeping four starters(1,2,2,2).

Been better off with the #1 pick because of such.

Thanks coach. Not.

Now hopefully they draft the right franchise qb at 3 because if they fail to we will have another decade of misery guaranteed.

Sorry if I’m not in the crowd jumping up for joy how we got 3rd pick.

But it’s done, so I pray.

Lantern

Eh not a decade. 3-4 years at most if he’s a bust. No biggie. But hopefully it’s a decade of not having to touch that position. Let us pray. 

17 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

I’m not as down on Allen as most, but agree. You can’t make this move for Allen

I actually think Darnold is the best qb no the draft but I wouldn’t be surprised at all if Allen turns out to be even better

18 minutes ago, hawk said:

I would be interested in what the Browns wanted if they were to really be interested in trading down.

They weren't ever truly moving from the #1 spot unless it was for like, 5 consecutive first round picks, lol.

Basically zero chance it was ever happening.

1 minute ago, hawk said:

The Browns reportedly want to trade out of one, or wanted to, or was a pre free agency smoke smokescreen.  I they truly wanted to trade out, i would be curious on what the difference from going to one would have been as opposed to the move the Jets made to move up to 3.

I bet it would have started with our 6, this yrs 2-2's and next yrs 1 instead of next yrs 2 as it played out with IND.

Just now, Philc1 said:

I actually think Darnold is the best qb no the draft but I wouldn’t be surprised at all if Allen turns out to be even better

Honestly, it wouldn't shock me if any of the top 5 guys turn out to be the best, including Jackson.

My preference would be something like this: Rosen, Mayfield, Darnold, Jackson, Allen, but I don't have a strong feeling that any one of them or two of them is significantly better than the others. I think Allen has the highest chance of busting, and Jackson the highest chance of injury, but other than that, I don't have a strong feeling.

1 hour ago, Sully80 said:

Anyone else worried bills or broncos will trade with the giants and screw is? I’m all about the trade but definitely feel like we could still get shafted.

If they do trade up to 2, the trade up to 3 by the Jets increases the cost for the number 2 pick significantly.

7 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Agreed

The Colts have to still love their chances of landing Barkley/Chubb/Nelson/Fitz at #6. Any of which would be legit bluechip prospects at areas of need.

They wouldn’t have that dropping all the way back to #12.

Yup, and Ballard got pretty candid (as he possibly could at least) and basically said that this was his exact thought process.

7 minutes ago, GREENLANTERN said:

thats all just curious.

Whats to argue?  They weren't going to tank, they didnt tank, no one is crying that they should have tanked.  Would losing every game have made the draft easier?  Yes.  Would it have helped the coaching staff and FO relationship with players?  No.  Would players respect their team if they were robbed of a season?  No.  Would it help young players develop.  No.  

Everyone wants the shortcut to building a roster, doesnt happen in football, for too many reasons

Its not basketball

Im pretty shocked by this, I thought we were going to stick with McCown and Bridgewater, hoping to catch a winning lottery ticket with Bridgewater. I give Mac/Bowles credit for this move. I am still not sold on either of them, but I give them credit for prioritizing the QB position. Better late than never.

3 hours ago, HessStation said:

I don't love losing three second round picks with the possibility of one of those players being there at 6 or that they take Allen at 3.

I'm not sh*tting on the move, I'm just skeptical and need to see where this goes before I celebrate.

I do understand it and will give a half nod to Maccagnan for having the balls to move up. But celebrating just seems way too premature.

SOJ

14 minutes ago, Grandy said:

I 100% believe we're getting Rosen or Darnold. Macc wouldn't have pulled the trigger if he thought we were getting 3rd best. I also don't see how the Giants take Rosen.

Why not? Before all the talk of Barkley, people all thought Giants would take Rosen. 

25 minutes ago, GREENLANTERN said:

thats all just curious.

There is no point to argue.  Teams don't tank, no matter how badly fans want them too.

P.S.

I wanted them to tank.

12 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

1A Rosen 1B Darnold 3C Mayfield

But the I don’t feel good about taking anyone at 3 other than Rosen or Darnold. I thought a month or two back it would be fine to trade up to 3 for Baker(who I like) but now that the jewels have already been sold . . I’m not feeling that we get proper compensation for those picks unless it’s Rosen or Darnold.

22 minutes ago, pointman said:

Why not? Before all the talk of Barkley, people all thought Giants would take Rosen. 

It doesn't make sense. If the Giants want 2 more years of Eli, why take the most pro-ready guy?

2 minutes ago, Grandy said:

It doesn't make sense. If the Giants want 2 more years of Eli, why take the most pro-ready guy?

New GM just talking nice, doesn't mean he believes it. Eli is looking pretty shot for them to pass on a QB at this promising a position (#2 pick). Who knows. They've been pretty stupid lately, so maybe you're right. I am enjoying them sucking so I am all for them doing things how they have been.

2 hours ago, greenwave81 said:

Guess we'll see...but, the trade isn't mindless if Macc had at least 3 QBs that he would have taken at #6 if available and been happy about it.  This trade guarantees he gets one of them and increases the odds he gets to pick amongst the three for who he prefers more.

If Mayfield is left then I won’t care for the trade. Hard to venture what will transpire with  the first 2 picks. I’d only be content with Darnold or Rosen. Maybe he should have waited until the first 2 picks were selected. But then again the Bills could have pulled the same trigger with the Colts. So you risk it and cross your fingers......and toes. It worked for me when the Mets were down to their last strike in ‘86 with two out in the bottom of the 9th. 

7 hours ago, Flushing Roots said:

Any naysayers?

I’m clearly in the minority but i’m not doing cartwheels like everyone else seems to. I hate giving up 3 x 2nd round picks to move up only 3 spots. I hate giving up draft picks full stop.  If the Jets were the Colts in this deal then I’d be doing cartwheels...they made out very nicely in this deal although it probably still sucks to be a Colts fan.

The only way.....and I mean ONLY way....this works out is if we clearly identified our guy and we are pretty confident he’ll be there......actually no make that 100% certain that he’ll be there but this far out we are leaving plenty of room for others to scupper this.

We have to get more playmakers on offense other thanQB and the pass rush will yet again be non-existent, another year of Josh Martin and Jordan Jenkins is just not going to cut it. and while I think about it: 

Who is playing TE?

Who is rushing for 1K yards?

Are we really set with Kearse, Q and Robby at WR?

Who is our stud LT? are you happy with Beachum/Winters/Carpenter for the foreseeable future?

With no pick until the 3rd round we are going to be very fortunate to answer any of those questions positively until 2019 at the earliest 

I guess it really all depends on who the QB turns out to be. 

Rosen- yes and probably worth the trade up although his durability is a concern. Most pro ready option IMO so could see the field in 18. This deal makes sense if we get JR. 

Darnold- still baffled at why everyone assumes he’s the consensus No1 ...hate him as a prospect and for me it’s anyone(including non-QB’s)but him. I think he’s the most likely failure of the ‘big4’...I’d hope I’m wrong of course bit I’d hate the pick

Allen- i’d be ok with him but he’s a sit for a year guy which means another 6 maybe 7 wins under McCown or Teddy but with no 2nd rounder to add more weapons on offense or a pash rush. Of course there’s always the chance Teddy lights it up in 2018 and has a huge year but then we’ll all be complaining that we didn’t ink him to a longer term deal as we watch him sign elsewhere as a prime FA in 2019 all the while we are left none the wiser as to whether the rookie is the 15 year top level elite franchise QB that this deal demands he becomes.

Mayfield- Love the leadership, the fire, the moxie and the ridiculous video game numbers but also scary as hell because of the physical limitations, the video game numbers and to a lesser extent the off-field issues. are we really that in love with him and convinced that others are too that we needed to make this move(which doesn’t guarantee we get him anyway). I’d love to have Mayfield at 6 and still have picks to address the other areas and needs.

I’m not one of those fans that hates on every move we make but this is not the absolute slam dunk that it seems everyone is making it out to be. If it turns out to be Allen I imagine at least half of those all hailing Mac today will be losing their sh*t in epic proportions. Which will be entertaining for a about 30 seconds. For me if it’s any player other than Darnold I can live with it and even then if the people who get paid to do this have identified Darnold as their guy then I’ll live with it and hope I am 100% wrong on him. But whatever happens a lot of holes are going to remain for at least another year or two unless we hit on some extraordinary and unusual 3rd or 4th round contributors.

I applaud the aggression and ambition here by Maccagnan, making this move is bold and I hope we come to look back on it as a turning point and we all end up happy but it’s going to suck not having those picks and I suspect whoever the new QB ends up being he’s going to have to be Marino-esque good his first year to justify this

‘Whoever it is better be the next great young thing because it;s going to be awhile before we add any elite level impact players to help him out.

Here’s hoping

2 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Apparently LaCAnfora and Peter King are saying that a lot of other teams besides the Jets believe the Giants are taking Barkley. So this is either the greatest smokescreen ever done or their taking Barkley

You might be right about Giants taking Barkley. Word is Giants are very high on David Webb and he has the luxury of maturing behind Eli for another year or two. Now it would be a knee slapper if it went

1 Browns - Darnold

2 Giants- Barkley

3 Jets - Rosen ?

83CC7EE4-76D8-402E-A1F8-530E769EE2F8.jpeg

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

The tank angle was tanked the second Mac signed McClown. There was zero need for McClown to be on this roster. It has cost us 3 2’s and possibly we may be left kissing your sister. 

Archived