JETS TRADE UP TO THREE MAC DADDY IS A PIMP

T0mShane

4 minutes ago, BigO said:

The tank angle was tanked the second Mac signed McClown. There was zero need for McClown to be on this roster. It has cost us 3 2’s and possibly we may be left kissing your sister. 

Hey, it is what it is tbh. 

You get no where dwelling on it. I feel like we are sitting pretty right now and that’s all that truly matters to me. Yes, I understand what you are saying. I do. But to worry about it now, especially when you now own the 3rd pick is just a little pointless for me. Took some sacrifices but sh*t man here we are. We have a solid chance to get a top guy. Let’s embrace the moment instead of tainting it with a bad one.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Hey, it is what it is tbh. 

You get no where dwelling on it. I feel like we are sitting pretty right now and that’s all that truly matters to me. Yes, I understand what you are saying. I do. But to worry about it now, especially when you now own the 3rd pick is just a little pointless for me. Took some sacrifices but sh*t man here we are. We have a solid chance to get a top guy. Let’s embrace the moment instead of tainting it with a bad one.

You understand what he is saying? Please explain how McCown being on the roster cost us three twos. Do you mean McCown being on the roster instead of Cousins? I don't get what you're saying. McCown didn't cost us three twos. Moving up to #3 did. In a QB-rich draft with an All-world RB as well? Are you nuts? That's a freaking bargain.

2 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

See if I'm choosing between Allen and Mayfield I'll take the one that completes over 70% of his passes. That's not to say I wouldn't like Allen but he is just 4th on my list.

You see that logic would’ve had you drafting Colt Brennan and Graham Harrell over Matt Stafford or Favre.

4 minutes ago, Dcronin said:

You understand what he is saying? Please explain how McCown being on the roster cost us three twos. Do you mean McCown being on the roster instead of Cousins? I don't get what you're saying. McCown didn't cost us three twos. Moving up to #3 did. In a QB-rich draft with an All-world RB as well? Are you nuts? That's a freaking bargain.

I did not say that McCown costs us three second rounders. If we stayed at #6 then there wouldn’t be the notion that he costed us anything. Agreed.

Not sure what I am being scolded for? 

What I am saying is . . . McCown provided decent play,  which in turn helped position us into 6. We don’t need to bother worrying about it anymore. It doesn’t matter. We should enjoy they fact we have the third pick..focus on getting Rosen or Darnold and never looking back.

30 minutes ago, BigO said:

The tank angle was tanked the second Mac signed McClown. There was zero need for McClown to be on this roster. It has cost us 3 2’s and possibly we may be left kissing your sister. 

The tank angle was tanked before all the tank fans fooled themselves into believing it was going to happen or was a goof tactic to use.

Everyone knew it other than the people who just dont get that it never was going to happen.  Ever.

9 minutes ago, redlichtie said:

You see that logic would’ve had you drafting Colt Brennan and Graham Harrell over Matt Stafford or Favre.

Yea I mean i can name 3rd round QBs too but Mayfield is widely considered a 1st round pick with a lot saying top 10. Neither of the guys you mentioned were in the 1st round conversation. When we are looking at strictly guys who are talented enough to go top 10 I prefer the player that went toe to toe with Ohio State and Georgia.

1 hour ago, flgreen said:

If I were running the #Jets I would now start Teddy Bridgewater this season. If he plays good enough you are going to get a 3rd compensatory back and you may be able to tag and trade for more. Zero reason to start McCown now

We're starting our THIRD pick in the draft QB. Jason OTC's opinion doesn't matter, and he's thinking small picture. 3rd rd compensatory pick, lol. 

3 hours ago, Jazy8ball said:

Why is everyone down on Allen? Rosen and Darnold make me nervous due to the fact they always played in pretty much perfect weather at USC and UCLA. Allen can at least handle the cold  

I agree. Several of the former NFL QBs when asked who their favorite QB is in this draft have said Allen. They also went on to say his accuracy issues came from holding the ball too long in college, which he will not have the time to do in the pros and they believe it will be fixable. His cannon can fit the ball in to small windows. I guess everyone that hates Allen knows something they all don't. I still prefer Rosen though, but well clearly have the QBs in place to let Josh Allen sit and develop for a year.

48 minutes ago, BigO said:

You might be right about Giants taking Barkley. Word is Giants are very high on David Webb and he has the luxury of maturing behind Eli for another year or two. Now it would be a knee slapper if it went

1 Browns - Darnold

2 Giants- Barkley

3 Jets - Rosen ?

Who's David Webb? Any relation to Davis? And does he play QB better than the guy who couldn't get on the field for a team that sucked the second most in the entire league, and couldn't pass Geno Smith on the depth chart?

7 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I don’t like this move at all. But no point in being long winded about it or sh*tting on everyone’s else’s pleasure.

Im glad so many of you are happy. I hope you’re right and I am very, very wrong.

You're not sh*tting on everyone's pleasure, **** it. Just your opinion, which you're entitled to.

I'm not surprised you don't like this move. If I recall correctly, you've admitted you don't really follow college football or scout players like that so you're not really attached to any of these players like that. Whereas many of us (myself included) do follow the draft and scout these prospects. Therefore, we've identified which prospects we like (and dislike the most) and have formed an attachment to said players. Like I have with with Rosen (so I'm doing cartwheels with this trade).

So I'm guessing you would have rather stayed put at 6 and draft whoever was available, no?

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

The tank angle was tanked before all the tank fans fooled themselves into believing it was going to happen or was a goof tactic to use.

Everyone knew it other than the people who just dont get that it never was going to happen.  Ever.

Maybe - maybe not. Maybe Bowles is to blame for insisting on playing McClown. In fact it does. Mac’s signed McClown but it was Bowles who insisted on playing him and refused to play the kiddies. I don’t blame Mac anymore for signing McClown. He probably saw him in the same light as he saw Fitz - as an emergency option and mentor to the kiddies. Those 5 meaningless wins fall on Bowles head. And if you think there’s no difference between 1-15 and 5-11 think again. It just costs us 3 #2 picks if not more. 

5 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

So the KC and Buffalo wins cost us 3 2nd rounders? Awesome.

Yup.... Although this is the pessimistic view of it. The glass half full view is that choking like dogs against the Dolphins, Falcons, and Patriots prevented us from being in the same position as the Bills.

17 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I don’t like this move at all. But no point in being long winded about it or sh*tting on everyone’s else’s pleasure.

Im glad so many of you are happy. I hope you’re right and I am very, very wrong.

There's a few of us that don't like the trade but most seem very positive about it. Hope they are right

6 minutes ago, pointman said:

Who's David Webb? Any relation to Davis? And does he play QB better than the guy who couldn't get on the field for a team that sucked the second most in the entire league, and couldn't pass Geno Smith on the depth chart?

Playing Geno ahead of Webb has no bearing on how the Giants feel about Webb. Are there negative whispers about Webb as there are with Hack? I dunt think so  ? 

27 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Maybe it’s a Scottish thing ...but hey at least we won the rugby...and England lost

8 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Imo the move up was to guarantee getting either Rosen or Mayfield

Maybe, but pick #3 it is impossible to guaranty any one of 2 players.  Add in Darnold cause its no guaranty that hes taken by Cleveland or the Giants. 

3 hours ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

I'm agreeing with you. It looks like we just traded for the third pick in a two-quarterback draft.

I was excited about the trade, but the more I think about it, the more inescapable this seems, and now I’m sad.

8 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

If they really wanted Allen, they wouldnt have done this before his pro day

hope youre correct.  Anything is possible with this organization. And we already know that strong-armed inaccurate passers give Mac an erection.

2 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

I was excited about the trade, but the more I think about it, the more inescapable this seems, and now I’m sad.

I just don't get it. All we really did by getting out in front is making Cleveland go top quarterback first because they're basically assured of getting Barkley on the bounce.

1 minute ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

I just don't get it. All we really did by getting out in front is making Cleveland go top quarterback first because they're basically assured of getting Barkley on the bounce.

They jumped the broncos, and eliminated the possibility of being jumped by teams trading with cleveland at 4, the broncos and Indy.  And it guarantees they won't have to take allen.

Just now, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

They are?  Maybe if Nelson goes 2. If Barkley goes 2 then Cleveland goes Fitzpatrick or Nelson (if they stay). Remember they just traded Mccourty. 

3 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

There was no way they were talking Barkley at 1. They need a franchise QB.. You don't pass on the best one to take a RB and then settle for whoever falls to 4.

And for the Jets, if they stayed at 6 they could have watched the browns, giants, bills and broncos take QBs leaving them with nothing. 

8 hours ago, MDL_JET said:

Colts will do cartwheels if they can get Chubb and an extra trio of 2nd rounders.  Chubb was probably their guy all along or Barkley.  No guaranty Barkley would be there at 3 and RB is RB, after all and there are excellent options in round 2.  

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

Colts will do cartwheels if they can get Chubb and an extra trio of 2nd rounders.  Chubb was probably their guy all along or Barkley.  No guaranty Barkley would be there at 3 and RB is RB, after all and there are excellent options in round 2.  

Actually i think the colts take Nelson to protect luck who really needs that.  

Archived