Dilfer on Rosen

nico002

Watch this video. Not to be an amateur psychologist, but look how Rosen interacts with a guy like Derwin James: he wants to know about the hat and keeps pressing for information, then he wants to know what “drip” means. It’s played for laughs, but you can see two of the things that would annoy people: the aggressive curiosity and the sort of condescending way he’s talking about James’ cultural markers (clothing and language), like they’re completely foreign and amusing to him. It’s a little thing, but Rodgers exhibits the same kind of sh*t.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Chubb angle interests me.  I buy that the Giants value a high 1st over a couple of lower 1sts.  Better off getting a real playmaker than a possible or two.  Guys who change the course of games.  To me that is either a QB or a guy who crushes QBs.

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Watch this video. Not to be an amateur psychologist, but look how Rosen interacts with a guy like Derwin James: he wants to know about the hat and keeps pressing for information, then he wants to know what “drip” means. It’s played for laughs, but you can see two of the things that would annoy people: the aggressive curiosity and the sort of condescending way he’s talking about James’ cultural markers (clothing and language), like they’re completely foreign and amusing to him. It’s a little thing, but Rodgers exhibits the same kind of sh*t.

lol at you analyzing such a video. But Rosen didn't ask anything...he just asked to see the hat, it was that coach standing who's asking all the "is it a good thing, is it a verb, what's drip"

56 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

Absolutely not.  If you don't have a QB then getting a good RB doesnt make the team better right away.  Eli is better than all of the QBS on our roster and is a proven super bowl winner.  The two situations just don't compare.  

Right now the meat sack that resembles Eli Manning is not much better than McCown. 

Teddy Bridgewater is better than at least a couple of these Qbs (which ones who can say)

football is  about what a team thinks it can do, look at Nick Foles. 

10 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

BRO THIS THING IS SO ICY 

Jamal Adams is like 'yeah we're good at QB' probably after hearing Josh Rosen speak

Just now, jmat321 said:

Rosen seems like the kind of QB who get a coaching staff fired, he’s just what this team needs.  Here’s to hoping the Giants don’t **** us.

If Woody wasn't out of the country and the franchise on autopilot, Rosen is a the type of guy who could get everyone fired from his instagram account. Not even playing a game. He could get into a Tweet war with POTUS and get everyone fired by July 31,. 

10 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Speaking of Rodgers....perfect match!

Screen Shot 2018-03-22 at 11.53.25 AM.png

Just now, T0mShane said:

176D0156-B8F2-48CE-A464-CC5549424DDB.gif

Thank God CO Brocato didn't live long enough to suffer the indignity of talking to Josh Rosen 

5 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

I'm Starting to hope that Mac has Barkley 3rd over both Allen and Mayfield.  

That would be a very Mac ranking. there's no doubt Barkley is higher than Mayfield. He's probably higher than Allen too but that might be too hopeful

21 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

...to play amateur psychologist...Allen and Jackson seem like great kids. Rosen, Mayfield, Darnold and Rudolph all seem like total dicks. 

What that means I don't know but that's the vibes I get as layman fan.

1 minute ago, HessStation said:

...to play amateur psychologist...Allen and Jackson seem like great kids. Rosen, Mayfield, Darnold and Rudolph all seem like total dicks. 

What that means I don't know but that the vibes I get as layman fan.

It total dicks turn into total top 10QB’s anyway.

1 minute ago, HessStation said:

What that means I don't know but that the vibes I get as layman fan.

I mean, Tom Brady is the least likeable person I’ve ever seen interviewed, so I don’t think being an a$$hole hurts you as a QB. 

I think you can assume Darnold is going #1 overall to the Browns. 

As far as the Giants, I think their biggest concern with Rosen is his injury history. The concussions and shoulder injury. I think that is a MUCH bigger red flag to GMs than is made to believe. That is probably a big reason why the Giants will pass on Rosen #2, despite him being the most talented and Pro ready QB of the bunch. I don't think his personality is an issue. AT ALL. If not for the concussions, he would be a lock to go #2 and may even be considered #1 to the Browns. He is Jared Goff 2.0 and will dominate in the right system with some offensive weapons.

I predict he will be there for the Jets at 3 and they will roll the dice and take him. He will end up being very good and save Bowles/Maccs job. Maybe even bringing the Jets to the playoffs. But within his first 3-4 seasons he will become an injury case and I would not be surprised if he retired from football early. As all players with recurring concussions should. 

So in a weird way, despite him being the best option, I hope the Jets pass on Rosen or he is taken ahead of them.       

9 minutes ago, HessStation said:

But what TOm's saying is that may not be a bad thing, may be part of a character trait you want in an NFL QB. 

Moreso that you don’t have to be malicious to be considered a jerkoff, which is why he’ll grate on some people but not others, like Dilfer was saying with “half the teams will hate him...”

35 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I really liked that about him - he was very comfortable pressing them - didn't come across as a Di-- but rather someone that isn't sky about taking control.  Again, who the F knows but I had real concerns about this kid, but honestly, that made me feel better.

5 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Okay.... I basically told the person that I was quoting that his comment reminded me of this article. 

It's obvious that the analysis was inaccurate because it wasnt really analysis as it was more of an opinion piece. 

Actually it was someone coming to a conclusion after looking at an incomplete college resume.  At the time he was probably viewed this was by more than a few 

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Last year, Fournette was Bo Jackson.  Year before, Zeke was Emmitt Smith. Year before, Gurley was Eric Dickerson.

Get out of here with this best RB in 25 years bull sh*t.  The dude had one of the most underwhelming college careers for a "generational talent" I've ever seen.  He's no where near the best RB prospect in 25 years.  We're talking about a guy who rushed for 35 yards on 14 attempts vs. ******* Rutgers for christ sake.

As for your 2nd round picks comment, it's stupid and you know it is.

“He’s the best running back prospect I’ve seen in 25 years,” Saints coach Sean Payton told me. Another team, which had given only four draft prospects perfect grades in the last 20 years, told me Barkley is the fifth.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/03/05/nfl-combine-2018-news-josh-rosen-shaquem-griffin-mmqb-peter-king

22 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I mean, Tom Brady is the least likeable person I’ve ever seen interviewed, so I don’t think being an a$$hole hurts you as a QB. 

Tom Brady is maybe not likable but he carries himself better than Josh Rosen.

Brady knows he's the heavy. He knows it's better to be feared than loved. He also knows when he has to shut up and take orders.

Rosen seems to have no self-awareness of what his role is supposed to be, not just as the franchise quarterback on a pro football team but as a human in general society.  He's not consistent from one conversation to the next. 

Archived