Dilfer on Rosen

nico002

42 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Watch this video. Not to be an amateur psychologist, but look how Rosen interacts with a guy like Derwin James: he wants to know about the hat and keeps pressing for information, then he wants to know what “drip” means. It’s played for laughs, but you can see two of the things that would annoy people: the aggressive curiosity and the sort of condescending way he’s talking about James’ cultural markers (clothing and language), like they’re completely foreign and amusing to him. It’s a little thing, but Rodgers exhibits the same kind of sh*t.

I watched this yesterday when Rosen posted it and I thought the same thing - I cant say exactly what the real problem was with their conversation, but Rosen just comes off as very un-genuine.  

Does it matter if he is an elite QB on the field, probably not - I cant see Rogers being a very cool guy in the locker room.  But I also think relating to the players around really matter and it seems like Josh is a bit of a doofus who simply isnt "one of the guys"

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I really liked that about him - he was very comfortable pressing them - didn't come across as a Di-- but rather someone that isn't sky about taking control.  Again, who the F knows but I had real concerns about this kid, but honestly, that made me feel better.

Same here. And that's what we don't know or see as fans. Personality and character is a big part of this. 

TBH, in that regard, Mayfield worries me a lot more than Rosen but who knows. 

1 minute ago, BCJet said:

I watched this yesterday when Rosen posted it and I thought the same thing - I cant say exactly what the real problem was with their conversation, but Rosen just comes off as very un-genuine.  

Does it matter if he is an elite QB on the field, probably not - I cant see Rogers being a very cool guy in the locker room.  But I also think relating to the players around really matter and it seems like Josh is a bit of a doofus who simply isnt "one of the guys"

Josh Rosen's upbringing was about as far from Derwin James as is possible within the 50 States.  

The guys at the table seemed amused by the whole thing.  

6 minutes ago, BCJet said:

I think he just comes off as not scared, unapologetic and a little bit brash/alpha, which is probably what you really need or want from the QB. It's all a fine line and everyone reads people different though so whatevs.  

38 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Tom Brady is maybe not likable but he carries himself better than Josh Rosen.

Brady knows he's the heavy. He knows it's better to be feared than loved. He also knows when he has to shut up and take orders.

Rosen seems to have no self-awareness of what his role is supposed to be, not just as the franchise quarterback on a pro football team but as a human in general society.  He's not consistent from one conversation to the next. 

Rosen is also a 20 year old kid with an opinion and Brady is a 40 year old Pro PR polished douche.

36 minutes ago, BCJet said:

Who cares if he’s one of the guys. That doesn’t get it done on the field. If he winds up being elite, I could care less about what players he rubs wrong.

Kobe and Shaq hated each other dude...HATED each other..they have rings on each finger now.

6 hours ago, T0mShane said:

This is 100% true. As Dilfer said, Rosen bristles at authority figures who aren’t as smart as him, and he’s going to come to the Jets where literally everyone coaching him is deeply unqualified for the jobs they have, and whom are all effectively lame ducks. Recipe for disaster.

Potentially, it’s only a short term disaster.  Quite often, teams that draft QBs high in the first round are changing coaches before the next draft.  

TB and Ten fired their HCs during or at the end of Winston and Mariota’s rookie year.

The Rams fires their HC at the end of Goff’s rookie year.

Same with Chi and Trubisky this offseason.

When you make an investment in a QB by taking him at 3, in addition to trading 3 2nd round picks to do so, chances are it’s only a matter of time before we hire an offensive minded HC to do everything possible to maximize the QB’s potential.

5 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Who cares if he’s one of the guys. That doesn’t get it done on the field. If he winds up being elite, I could care less about what players he rubs wrong.

Kobe and Shaq hated each other dude...HATED each other..they have rings on each finger now.

Kobe and Shaq didn't hate each other.  They just didnt get along on the same team.  Hate is a strong word.  If I hate someone I can't be friends with them ever.  Kobe and Shaq are good friends now so to say that they hated each other is not the case.  A little off point of the convo but just wanted to add that in there.  

2 minutes ago, Pcola said:

Potentially, it’s only a short term disaster.  Quite often, teams that draft QBs high in the first round are changing coaches before the next draft.  

TB and Ten fired their HCs during or at the end of Winston and Mariota’s rookie year.

The Rams fires their HC at the end of Goff’s rookie year.

Same with Chi and Trubisky this offseason.

When you make an investment in a QB by taking him at 3, in addition to trading 3 2nd round picks to do so, chances are it’s only a matter of time before we hire an offensive minded HC to do everything possible to maximize the QB’s potential.

Unless Rosen comes in and has a Dan Marino-esque rookie year.   

11 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

Kobe and Shaq didn't hate each other.  They just didnt get along on the same team.  Hate is a strong word.  If I hate someone I can't be friends with them ever.  Kobe and Shaq are good friends now so to say that they hated each other is not the case.  A little off point of the convo but just wanted to add that in there.  

Eh, they definitely hated each other for awhile and I'm skeptical they're actually "good friends" now. Burying the hatchet once your careers are both over for photo ops/interviews is far from being "good friends" IMO.

59 minutes ago, HessStation said:

I think he just comes off as not scared, unapologetic and a little bit brash/alpha, which is probably what you really need or want from the QB. It's all a fine line and everyone reads people different though so whatevs.  

He admits he comes from a different background than most players. Which he says goes to prove his point that he loves playing football. He doesn’t have to play unlike so many other players.  But he does because he loves it. He also comes from a family where both parents were Ivy League grads that stressed academics and might not exactly like the idea he’s coming out of school early.  

Also safe to say most of these guy know and/or can tell he comes from a different background than him. Doesn’t seem to bother them in the video. 

5 minutes ago, C Mart said:

He admits he comes from a different background than most players. Which he says goes to prove his point that he loves playing football. He doesn’t have to play unlike so many other players.  But he does because he loves it. He also comes from a family where both parents were Ivy League grads that stressed academics and might not exactly like the idea he’s coming out of school early.  

Also safe to say most of these guy know and/or can tell he comes from a different background than him. Doesn’t seem to bother them in the video. 

Agreed. Rivers...the Mannings... yeah and most other quarterbacks (including Darnold btw) tend to come from a more affluent background vs the rest of the team that tends to come from more urban backgrounds. 

29 minutes ago, C Mart said:

The entire team seemed to like Fitzpatrick a lot considering his background. Your teammates like you if you put in the work and they dont if you slack. Geno getting punched wasnt random.

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

The entire team seemed to like Fitzpatrick a lot considering his background. Your teammates like you if you put in the work and they dont if you slack. Geno getting punched wasnt random.

Still can't believe that happened. Only with the Jets does the starting QB get knocked out.

1 hour ago, BallinPB said:

Unless Rosen comes in and has a Dan Marino-esque rookie year.   

That’s going to be pretty close to impossible with Bowles having McCown handing the ball off to Crowell and Powell all year.

27 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

Still can't believe that happened. Only with the Jets does the starting QB get knocked out.

Not the first time a Jet QB got injured by one of our defensive players.  Remember the Matt Robinson/Joe Klecko thumb war?

29 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

That Allen crap is smoke screen to try and put off the notion that the Bills don’t HAVE to trade to 2. Maybe 4.

Rosen is our favorite target after Darnold.

Always was. The only question is whether mayfield or Allen if both are gone. 

9 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Other than the butt fumble how was the game Mrs Sanchez?

Nothing to do with Sanchez my point is that I'm not a fan of throwing out someone's opinion by pointing out one time in the past they were wrong. They asked Warren Buffett once what his big investment mistake was. His response: "Buying Berkshire Hathaway." He actually lost money on that deal. Since the company lost all its value and became worthless he turned it into a shell and added his later investments to it. But since he lost money on the first deal I guess he's a moron we shouldn't listen to.

UCLA quarterback Josh Rosen revealed before working out privately for the Giants he attended dinner with co-owners John Mara and Steve Tisch. 

Appearing Friday on “The Rich Eisen Show,” Rosen described the experience as “awesome,” and said the dinner came before he worked out the next morning for the Giants, who own the No. 2 pick in the NFL draft.

Rosen added he had worked out privately for the Giants, Jets, Browns and Bills. 

After saying he learned through Instragram that the Jets had traded up to No. 3, he demurred when asked if he believed it was because he had worked out for the team a day earlier.

5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

UCLA quarterback Josh Rosen revealed before working out privately for the Giants he attended dinner with co-owners John Mara and Steve Tisch. 

Appearing Friday on “The Rich Eisen Show,” Rosen described the experience as “awesome,” and said the dinner came before he worked out the next morning for the Giants, who own the No. 2 pick in the NFL draft.

Rosen added he had worked out privately for the Giants, Jets, Browns and Bills. 

After saying he learned through Instragram that the Jets had traded up to No. 3, he demurred when asked if he believed it was because he had worked out for the team a day earlier.

God dammit giants. Fuk off! He’s our douche!

3 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

He does...he’s been hinting that since the start. It’s a shame. Whatever though. He’ll grow to love us soon enough.?

Nah in all actuality it sounds like he’s going to the Giants.

They need to entice the giants into swapping. Just do it and get your guy already. 

5 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

He does...he’s been hinting that since the start. It’s a shame. Whatever though. He’ll grow to love us soon enough.?

Nah in all actuality it sounds like he’s going to the Giants.

I don’t remember ever hearing about them bring Tisch out to meet with guys. Tisch is the drunk uncle of that ownership pairing. 

10 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

They need to entice the giants into swapping. Just do it and get your guy already. 

They may already be locked in if they are taking the guy to dinners and working him out.....

that very well could be the reason they wouldn’t trade with us.

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I don’t remember ever hearing about them bring Tisch out to meet with guys. Tisch is the drunk uncle of that ownership pairing. 

Sounds likes it’s legit then?

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

They may already be locked in if they are taking the guy to dinners and working him out.....

that very well could be the reason they wouldn’t trade with us.

Sounds likes it’s legit then?

I think if it was left up to Shurmur, Shula, Mara, and Tisch, then it’d be Rosen. I think if it’s left up to Gettleman, it’s anyone else. We just have no idea what the dynamics are in the building. Jerry Reese was allowed to draft whoever he wanted, with no interference. Does Gettleman have that same leeway? 

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

I think if it was left up to Shurmur, Shula, Mara, and Tisch, then it’d be Rosen. I think if it’s left up to Gettleman, it’s anyone else. We just have no idea what the dynamics are in the building. Jerry Reese was allowed to draft whoever he wanted, with no interference. Does Gettleman have that same leeway? 

Trading JPP may have them taking Chubb. 

Remember Giants success has always been defense. 

Image result for lawrence taylor pics

Archived