July Madness: All Time Draft Discussion Thread

Lith

Mid draft drama over Namath only seems right tho

Wait did Namath seriously just get picked now? That’s like a golden ticket into the finals.

I’m fine with it if no one else picked after you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Paradis said:

Wait did Namath seriously just get picked now? That’s like a golden ticket into the finals.

I’m fine with it if no one else picked after you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, yeah. In all seriousness, i think he like the 19th QB taken which is about right 

I'm thinking it would be a good idea for next time we do this to require every team to take at least one player who played at some point before 1960 and at least 1 more who played at some point before 1970.  It would force a few folks to actually look into some of these old timers and maybe develop an appreciation for some of them.  It would also negate the risk of taking one or two if everyone has to.

9 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I'm thinking it would be a good idea for next time we do this to require every team to take at least one player who played at some point before 1960 and at least 1 more who played at some point before 1970.  It would force a few folks to actually look into some of these old timers and maybe develop an appreciation for some of them.  It would also negate the risk of taking one or two if everyone has to.

Or just get people who actually do research and love the NFL. 

Last 10 picks:

151 Russ Grimm* 4 Paradis O OL
152 Lester Hayes 4 Paradis D DB
153 Kevin Mawae 5 T0mShane O OL
154 Ken Houston* 5 T0mShane D DB
155 Joe Namath* 6 HessStation O QB
156 Joe Klecko 6 HessStation D DL
157 Odell Beckham Jr 7 Patriot Killa O WR
158 Mark Gastineau 7 Patriot Killa D DL
159   8 nyjunc    
160   8 nyjunc    
161 Gary Zimmerman* 9 UntouchableCrew O OL
162 James Harrison 9 UntouchableCrew D LB

Just now, UntouchableCrew said:

Isn't Gale Sayers "out" because of the guy who dropped out?

Yup.  Johnny Unitas and Gale Sayers are out.  Sucks, but that is what happens when guys drop out.

5 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

I thought he was just ******* around. Obviously Sayers wouldn’t of lasted this long. 

I had no idea he was unavailable. I thought he was taken but I saw his name crossed off so I jumped. Oh well WTF

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

I call bullsh*t.  @T0mShane selected Ken Houston, S, Seahawks.  Who the **** is that?  Ken Houston was on the Redskins.  Shane gets some other piece of sh*t.  Silly dude probably saw him in an Oilers jersey from when he first came up and thought it was the Seahawks.  They didn't even exist!

alltime-bussert-22-ken-houston-ttgi.jpg 

What bullsh*t slander is this? I meant Kenny Easley! 

18 minutes ago, Lith said:

Yup.  Johnny Unitas and Gale Sayers are out.  Sucks, but that is what happens when guys drop out.

Absurd. If the poster dropped out, those picks should be available. 

Wasn't quite my plan to go this hard at OL/DL this early, but the board keeps falling that way for me.  I'm going to have to hope that voters calculate the value of the OL vs. the runners/catchers to determining overall production because I have yet to draft a RB/WR/TE.   Same on Defense, where I have 3/4 of my DL set and just one rabid LB behind them so far.  

16 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

What bullsh*t slander is this? I meant Kenny Easley! 

THE TSUT SELECT 

KEVIN MAWAE, C, JETS

and

KEN HOUSTON, S, SEAHAWKS.

mean what you say and say what you mean. 

Know what I mean? ?

Arnie Weinmeister 

rated #5 DT by Gil Brandt behind  Bob Lilly Mean Joe Greene Merlin Olsen and Randy White. Lined up next to Alan Page who changed the DT position in football. Arnie was the dominant DT in his era playing with the NY Yanks and NY Giants. Short career but all pro every year and just saw a video where he stops Jim Brown right in his tracks. Impressive!

Archived