July Madness: All Time Draft Discussion Thread

Lith

I was seriously considering Ty Law.  Good that he was sniped before my turn.  Too many of my absolute favorites - Earl, Butkus, Tatum are gone.  Figured I had to take Buck before he was gone.  Went for some interior beef because most of my favorite tackles were gone and I already had Yary.  My team is a bit unbalanced because I fully plan to play Concrete Charlie at C, but use him as a situational LB. I will also be rotating Night Train in for some 4 wide packages. 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Glad Carl Eller lasted this long. He was an absolute beast -- a sack king when they weren't counting officially. Figured it was time to step away from the skill players on offense and start building the trenches. So many great players have been sucked up by this nasty crowd.

Yes he and Page were a deadly duo. I got Page.

6 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Some players positions are marked wrong like Shields and Little. Both played OG but are listed as OT. 

There are a lot of players that have played multiple positions.  I filtered some of them out to eliminate duplicates but left the first position listed per Pro Football Reference.  Which leaves some guys showing up at the less common position -- it is up to each player to set their lineup how they want.

2 minutes ago, Obrien2Toon said:

So I was making the decision to go 3-4 or 4-3, and realized I have Strahan and D. Thomas 

So figuring Thomas can play 4-3 DE.

is anyone else thinking of this, or am I way overthinking this

I thought about going 3-4, but I think I'm gonna do 4-3 instead based on how the board has played out

3 minutes ago, Obrien2Toon said:

So I was making the decision to go 3-4 or 4-3, and realized I have Strahan and D. Thomas 

I’m drafting players for a certain offense and a certain defense. 

12 minutes ago, Lith said:

There are a lot of players that have played multiple positions.  I filtered some of them out to eliminate duplicates but left the first position listed per Pro Football Reference.  Which leaves some guys showing up at the less common position -- it is up to each player to set their lineup how they want.

I understand that. There was just few that I never remember playing the listed position. 

8 minutes ago, Obrien2Toon said:

I'm trying to field a hybrid with a base of 4-3 that can flex to a 5-2.. this has taken up way too much of my time. I should have just took JJ over Sapp and ran a simple 3-4

6 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

I understand that. There was just few that I never remember playing the listed position. 

I may have messed some of them up when I sorted the data and wound up with Position 2 instead of Position 1.  At one point I got frustrated, said fvck it and just listed them all as OL -- and let you guys decide.

Just now, New York Mick said:

Hey. That’s my idea penis head. 

lol, then may the best man win! I actually think it's going to be a 5-2 on paper, but hopefully voters will see the flexibility to move in and our of 5 and 3 technique 

4 minutes ago, Lith said:

I may have messed some of them up when I sorted the data and wound up with Position 2 instead of Position 1.  At one point I got frustrated, said fvck it and just listed them all as OL -- and let you guys decide.

That would of made it a lot easier for you. 

Mans holy ****. I though this was a program not something you typed in. **** that. 

Just now, New York Mick said:

That would of made it a lot easier for you. 

Mans holy ****. I though this was a program not something you typed in. **** that. 

I downloaded the player lists from PFR by position and combined them into the spreadsheet.  I did not type them in - -I am not that crazy.  When pulling the multiple lists, some guys showed up in more than one pull.

44 minutes ago, Lith said:

I downloaded the player lists from PFR by position and combined them into the spreadsheet.  I did not type them in - -I am not that crazy.  When pulling the multiple lists, some guys showed up in more than one pull.

Lol that’s great that that’s how you did it.

I did exactly that myself in the workbook I created at work, and added a few other lists and metrics that I like from PFR. Glad I’m working off the exact same data that you used. 

58 minutes ago, King P said:

I thought about going 3-4, but I think I'm gonna do 4-3 instead based on how the board has played out

Thinking of going 4-3. I got Peppers who plays both OLB  and DE. Dude was a sack attack. So if down the road a traditional OLB is a player I can’t refuse, I can switch Peppers into the DE role. 

5 minutes ago, JiF said:

Ended up getting drinks after.  Not getting on this tonight fellas.  Skip me or I will be on at like 7:30am-ish

Sorry!  

That’s blasphemous! Get me a Stoli on the rocks!

3 hours ago, Obrien2Toon said:

I pretty much committed to 4-3 with my first pick (Greene).  Adding Lilly cemented it.  I think you can have a plan but the draft will take you where it wants to and you can only react.  In a way, filling out my DL and grabbing my MLB early made it easier since I don't have to worry about scheme fit.  Only you mooks didn't leave me any OLBs did you.

8 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Dammit @Dunnie I was hoping Geno Atkins would make it 1 more round. 

I had Atkins queued up...he wouldn’t have made it past me ?

I know everyone’s in a rush to get picks in, but I’m on my 100 min commute right now. I assume my deadline is 10am? I’ll do my best to get it in ASAP, but fair warning, I will probably take most of my time this AM. Sorry fellas.

Archived