### Jets vs Giants - Preseason Game 3 --- The Game Thread ###

Maxman

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Two of the three years with Friz and McCown nothing was Jeff Fisher like.  

Fitz 2015 is the only reason Todd hasn't been shotcanned yet at this point.  "Well, this team went 10-6 just 3 years ago". LOL.

Bowles is a stoic Hue Jackson. 

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

I think Darnold sewed up the starting job tonite. Looked very poised threw 2 TDS no turnovers.

Missed the good parts. He looked good again? Nice.

Lovd this kid so far. Love Bridgewater too. That said, trade him - go get Khalil.

1 minute ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Fitz 2015 is the only reason Todd hasn't been shotcanned yet at this point.  "Well, this team went 10-6 just 3 years ago". LOL.

Funny, he never had a season like that before.  Crazy right? 

5 minutes ago, Ken Shroy said:

I wish just once Bowles would raise his voice and yell out something to these undisciplined clowns.

Wasn’t Bowles one of Oarcells disciples? Or was he the guy who’d get him his donuts ??  ??‍♂️

3 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

No. Bowles is Hue Jackson’s step brother.

2 things were accomplished tonight.

1- Sam is indeed, the real deal. 

2- No one got injured.

As for the overall performance or lack there of, get used to it folks. This team still lacks playmakers and depth. But, we’re trending in the right direction. We’re still a rebuild .8-8 would be quite the accomplishment. Bowles will need to rally the troops... I’m still not sure he has the ability.

Just now, CanadienJetsFan said:

2 things were accomplished tonight.

1- Sam is indeed, the real deal. 

2- No one got injured.

As for the overall performance or lack there of, get used to it folks. This team still lacks playmakers and depth. But, we’re trending in the right direction. We’re still a rebuild .8-8 would be quite the accomplishment. Bowles will need to rally the troops... I’m still not sure he has the ability.

Agree 

Observations:

1. In two weeks, Mike Maccagnan’s first three drafts will be represented by Leonard Williams, a punter, and two meh safeties. Darron Lee will be here another year, but only in the statutory sense. Unconscionable to think sucking bad enough to draft Darnold might let him skate.

2. The specials are bad because the talent is bad, too many poor athletes keep getting rostered, and they don’t play like they’re afraid of losing their jobs because Bowles is a mush. 

3. The Jets TEs have been dominating practices and we’ve wondered if they’re just that good or if the Jets middle-of-the-field defense is that bad. Through three preseason games where the TEs have been invisible, we have our answer.

4. Great to see Enunwa making plays again, along with Henry Anderson, Luvu, and Avery Williamson, who might be the Jets best overall player right now.

5. Other than the QB, the Jets are a veteran team and the penalties are inexcusable. Penalties are the result of a no-accountability culture where no one is afraid of losing their jobs. Again, a Bowles staple.

6. Speaking of veterans, Carpenter—Long—Winters are going to be the difference between 7-9 or 2-14. It’s pretty clear they’re going to play ball control, and if the interior OL doesn’t come together, everyone is getting fired. IIRC, the team is averaging 2.5 ypc in be preseason, and that’s with a couple of ten yard runs mixed in. 

7. As for Qvale, he’s been around forever and if Beachum stays hurt (which is his history), the Jets know it’s doom city. No one is cutting any LT talent with a pulse, so there’s no in-season remedy. 

8. Players they should keep, but might not: JJ Wilcox, Derrick Jones, Brooks, Luvu, Wint, Xavier Cooper, Tre McBride.

9. Cannot believe the Giants passed on Rosen and/or Darnold to draft an already gimpy RB. Eli’s brain has slowed to a crawl and Davis Webb is a Drew Stanton-type backup to the backup. Talk about malfeasance.

10. I stayed away from the game thread to see if it was my negativity dragging it down, but it’s good to see that you’re all whiny little darksiders with or without me. 

1 minute ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

You mean aside from Buffalo? Are you not familiar with the Fitzpatrick Cycle ?

Bowles would suck your **** for Jeff Fishers success. 

It was his best year in forever and no one expected it.  Whatever 

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Should have watched Manning when he first started at QB.  He would have made ridiculous game manager comments about him too.  

Hes butt hurt we didn't draft Mayfield.  

Look, I absolutely loved Mayfield...and normally, I'm not petty enough to call people out like this, but I was more than pleased with what I saw from Sam and I'm not gonna let something so hypocritical for the sake of an agenda slip by unnoticed and uncalled.

Just now, Lith said:

So, it will be at least another year before we can bring this beauty back to our locker room.

Image result for snoopy trophy giants

What makes you think Snoopy wants any part of the Jets locker room with Bowles running things. He’d run away first chance he gets. 

tenor.gif?itemid=8670543

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Observations:

1. In two weeks, Mike Maccagnan’s first three drafts will be represented by Leonard Williams, a punter, and two meh safeties. Darron Lee will be here another year, but only in the statutory sense. Unconscionable to think sucking bad enough to draft Darnold might let him skate.

2. The specials are bad because the talent is bad, too many poor athletes keep getting rostered, and they don’t play like they’re afraid of losing their jobs because Bowles is a mush. 

3. The Jets TEs have been dominating practices and we’ve wondered if they’re just that good or is the Jets middle-of-the-field defense is that bad. Through three preseason games where the TEs have been invisible, we have our answer.

4. Great to see Enunwa making plays again, along with Henry Anderson, Luvu, and Avery Williamson, who might be the Jets best overall player right now.

5. Other than the QB, the Jets are a veteran team and the penalties are inexcusable. Penalties are the result of a no-accountability culture where no one is afraid of losing their jobs. Again, a Bowles staple.

6. Speaking of veterans, Carpenter—Long—Winters are going to be the difference between 7-9 or 2-14. It’s pretty clear they’re going to play ball control, and if the interior OL doesn’t come together, everyone is getting fired. IIRC, the team is averaging 2.5 ypc in be preseason, and that’s with a couple of ten yard runs mixed in. 

7. As for Qvale, he’s been around forever and if Beachum stays hurt (which is his history), the Jets know it’s doom city. No one is cutting any LT talent with a pulse, so there’s no in-season remedy. 

8. Players they should keep, but might not: JJ Wilcox, Derrick Jones, Brooks, Luvu, Wint, Xavier Cooper, Tre McBride.

9. Cannot believe the Giants passed on Rosen and/or Darnold to draft an already gimpy RB. Eli’s brain has slowed to a crawl and Davis Webb is a Drew Stanton-type backup to the backup. Talk about malfeasance.

10. I stayed away from the game thread to see if it was my negativity dragging it down, but it’s good to see that you’re all whiny little darksiders with or without me. 

Now why did you have to go and make me laugh at number 10? lol

Thanks for the thoughts.  I did wonder why you weren't on.

5 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Normally, I'm not petty enough to call people out like that, but I was more than pleased with what I saw from Sam and I'm not gonna let something so hypocritical for the sake of an agenda slip by.

Oh, wow I just realized that people thought it was a clever use of a screenshot by you. That's so disappointing. I'm bummed about this now ☹️

4 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Oh, wow I just realized that people thought it was a clever use of a screenshot by you. That's so disappointing. I'm bummed about this now. 

You know, sometimes it's just less cringy to throw your hands up and say "Yeah, I guess you got me there".

14 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Should have watched Manning when he first started at QB.  He would have made ridiculous game manager comments about him too.  

Hes butt hurt we didn't draft Mayfield.  

Manning threw a buttload of picks when he started. He had no problem trying to make a play happen because he knew he was the team. Sam Darnold might have to be this whole team, and right now he hasn't shown any guts including on plays when he had protection. I'm excited for the guy but seeing him show little desire to take a chance and make a play is a bit concerning. He has been deadly accurate and I would love to talk about that but your homerism is so overwhelming you make it hard to enjoy being a fan of football. 

Archived