Darnold FARCE: I'm disgusted with this team and ownership

JohnnyLV

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Scott Dierking said:

Show me the speculation I have made in this thread. What I have done is say "w e don't know the facts". That is not speculating. 

You literally came into the thread and said, "you're pretty sure"...this happens...referring to the doctors.  speculating....

And then you said, we dont know the extent of the injury.  speculating...

And then told us all we had no validity to speculate whether this is forced benching via injury.  lol

I mean...lol.  You typed it dude.  

4 minutes ago, JiF said:

You literally came into the thread and said, "you're pretty sure"...this happens...referring to the doctors.  speculating....

And then you said, we dont know the extent of the injury.  speculating...

And then told us all we had no validity to speculate whether this is forced benching via injury.  lol

I mean...lol.  You typed it dude.  

I get it, you don't know the meaning of the word speculation.

I know you have a stick up your butt because I don't worship at the altar of Jif gospel, so I will just choose to ignore you in the future. 

8 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

I get it, you don't know the meaning of the word speculation.

I know you have a stick up your butt because I don't worship at the altar of Jif gospel, so I will just choose to ignore you in the future. 

Not uh, you dont know what it means!!! 

3 hours ago, johnnysd said:

I firmly believe that the Darnold "injury" is complete and utter horse bleep. After the beating he took, I have no doubt that he tweaked his ankle/foot, BUT it has already be stated he could go if needed, and they are just being cautious, blah, blah, blah

BS!!!!

This is 100% a chickenbleep opportunistic move by Toilet Shi&& Bowles, to trot his trusty veteran out there to maybe win a game, so he cant try and save his own a$$. He does not give one flying f%*k about this team, I truly believe that.

He is the worst HC ever,

Thus whole thing is a complete farce and it repulses me. Darnold is NOT the issue. Literally never drafting for the offense, an incompetent OC , the worst HC in football, and offensive philosophy from 1932 is what the issue is.

Look no further than the emergence of Goff, once they dumped that loser windbag Fisher who is almost as bad as Bowles.

No this move is purely about Bowles sacrificing the future to save his own butt.

I truly truly hope Chris wakes up and realizes what needs to be down.

But this charade makes me really angry.

Ironic thing is that getting Darnold away from Bowles and Bates and our OL might actually be good for him long term. But Bowles does not care, he is only doing this for himself. If Darnold had a hangnail, Bowles would have started McCown because of Darnold's serious "hand" injury,

Totally agree.

But only an idiot couldn’t see, and very quickly, that Bowles was all about protecting himself and his job from Day 1.  The dressing up of losses, only playing Vets (even when it’s obvious they can’t play at an nfl level anymore, hey Bowles play them even when they’re hurt and have no business being on the field ie Spencer Long, yeah jeopardize virtually the only Asset the roster has on it in your 21 year old QB, if some lineman lands on his rotator cuff severing it while he’s chasing bad snaps who cares, you’re still getting some more paychecks from the incompetent owner, can’t blame you right?  “Not my fault, Maccagnan paid that guy Long a lot of money, I got to play him”).

Look virtually any owner would have fired Bowles after his second year, and not just because of the record of the team but because it’s obvious that the guy is totally in over his head, as is Maccagnan.  

Im more and more coming to the conclusion that the NFL mandated that the Jets take Bowles on as a HC.  Someone tell me no.  Here you have a lowly assistant coach who bounced around MULTIPLE teams over 2+ decades, why multiple teams?  Wouldn’t someone have read the tealeaves and marked Bowles for future head coaching greatness?  He finally gets upped to a DC job in Arizona, who gave him that job? His very close friend Arians who was his coach at Temple University.  He couldn’t even do much damage to that D unit in Arizona, they were almost ALL All Pros.  So after 1 single year as a DC now he gets upped to head coach, by guys SENT BY THE NFL.

I’m buying that Bowles is a legitimate head coach the way I’m buying that Darnold is really hurt to the extent they claim.

Bowles is worse than Kotite, you know you’ll never see a playoff game with him, just like with Kotite, but Kotite wouldn’t jeopardize the Franchise QB that is the future of the team by playing a Center who makes the kid QB leap, dive and chase every other snap.  And even if that doesn’t get him injured what about the quality of the play about to be run?  The kid can’t even watch the routes develop.  Does Bowles even understand that????? I guess not because that Center has played all year.

If Bowles is brought back for a 5th year (I can’t even believe I wrote 5th), and if Maccagnan is allowed to make 1 more decision....I’m done being a fan of this team.

51 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

Any chance Darnold is wondering WTF did I get myself into here?!

Absolutely.  I know he wishes he was back out West.  Poor bastard was cursed to be drafted by the Jets.  He even had a brown tie on draft night thinking he was definitely going to Cleveland as the first pick.  That’s how horrific the situation is with the Jets with their ownership, front office, coaching, kid has to wish, today, that he was in friggin Cleveland instead of NY hahaha.

You don’t think he thinks this the few times Bowles says a word..”Dude you are stupid, my coaches at SC were way better than this...am I in the NFL?”

59 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

This is why you dont trade Bridgewater for a 3rd round pick in order to throw a Rookie into the fire with no help, one semi-average playmaker in Anderson, a suspect Oline, Center who's clearly injured, a HC who refuses to play a backup Center and an Offensive Coordinator that damn near made Brian Baldinger cry on behalf of Darnold on Twitter. 

That Bridgewater trade was so freaking ridiculous. The only thing I semi-disagree with is that Bowles is only benching Darnold in order to save his job. Truth be told, Sam Darnold should have not even been out there on the field until Teddy Bridgewater proved that he was not the guy for the job. I can understand keeping Darnold in front of McCown given McCown is like 100 years old, but what did Darnold get out of these games, really? He's been beat up, he can't trust his oline, he has no receiver who can step up and help, he has no playmakers at running back to balance the offense  because drafting a Defensive Tackle was more important than drafting Todd Gurly...etc., etc. 

The complete mismanagement of this team unfortunately includes the QB position, because it's always a great decision to trade Teddy Bridgewater for a 3rd round pick....a draft position that this regime has used in order to pick up 

#1. Nathan Shepard (1 solo tackle this season in 9 games played)

#2. Ardarius Stewart- Off the team

#3. Jordan Jenkins- JAG

#4. Lorenzo Mauldin- Off the team. 

The point for this football team, and I said this back in September, is to find a franchise QB, NOT play Sam Darnold. And again, this isn't in any way the fault of Darnold when I say that. My point is that you don't continue to do the same freaking thing and expect it to work. You don't draft a QB and decide not to put talent around him and then throw him out there. If you happen to draft a QB that you like, but you don't have the talent to support the young rookie then you put a veteran out there. If you have a guy like Bridgewater fall in your lap, then you give him every opportunity to show if he is the guy that many he was looking like he would become prior to that injury....especially when he looked to have made a full recovery. 

Instead we traded Teddy for a 3rd round pick that will likely contribute nothing to this team and will be cut after a season or two and now we're actively destroying a 21 year old QB that shouldn't have been thrown to the wolves like this to begin with. 

The 3rd round pick is useless. If Teddy was here and had a respectable season and you still believed that from watching behind the scenes Darnold was "the guy" then it would have been nothing to franchise tag Bridgewater then trade him for a 1st round or 2nd round pick. 

This is beyond Macc and Bowles, their incompetence was clear, which is why many of us called for their resignation last year....but this is on the Johnson family because they gave a chance at a rebuild as if the guys simply took a little longer than expected to field some talent. That isn't the case. There is no talent on this team, and whatever little talent there is its regressing because of the coaching staff. 

This coaching staff and front office needs to be fired right now. 

Maybe we could've received a 1st or 2nd from Jacksonville for Teddy. Yeah Mac needs to go too. Also think Mccown would have taken 5 mil to stay here instead of 10. Saints 3rd rounder is basically a 4th. Dumb moves all around for this organization.

3 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

Let's play conspiracy theory. Bowles is resting a "healthy" Darnold. This means

-Team doctors know.

-Players know.

-Darnold knows.

this means that ownership and management know. 

Think of all that, do you really, I mean really believe Bowles would logically do that. Say everything that you want about his coaching abilities and strategy, that would be occupational suicide. for One game. 

Let's get real here.

No one said "healthy", but in the NFL there are injuries that players can play through, this likely being one. But Bowles shuts him down to try and guarantee a victory to help keep his job

3 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Mac and Bowles are professional liars, and you shouldn’t believe anything they say. But Sam Darnold is not. You think this kid of great integrity unlike Mac/Bowles would go along with this lie, wear a stupid boot to make it look good ? No way.. this kid held out, he has balls to step up.. His agent would not allow this 

Maccagnan and Bowles are too stupid to be “professional” liars.  The only person in the world they could grift is the guy whose family bought him the team.

Darnold comes off like the ultimate “good soldier”, if you haven’t noticed he has been taking the rap all season long (no pun intended), never mentioning the guy who tries to snap him the ball and the idiot “coach” who keeps sending that guy out to try to snap him the ball.

Lot of evidence to suggest that the whole thing is a scam.  He walked off the field Sunday, no problem. Many people saw him walk to the bus no problem.  Monday no problem, Bowles didn’t know about him being “hurt”.  Tuesday no reports anywhere.  All of a sudden on Wednesday “probable severe sprain probably won’t be able to play against New England AFTER the bye week.

I never knew severe sprains materialize days after they were supposed to happen.

42 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

No one said "healthy", but in the NFL there are injuries that players can play through, this likely being one. But Bowles shuts him down to try and guarantee a victory to help keep his job

So if I’m reading this correctly you think McCown is a better qb than Sam Darnold, correct?  

All the posters angry at bowles for resting Darnold would be the same posters who would be outraged if bowles started Darnold this week and sprain turned into a tear and he was lost for the season.

"How dare bowles risk seriously injuring our franchise QB in a meaningless game blah blah blah"

You guys are angry, I get it. You guys hate bowles, so do I. But letting Darnold take a week off is not a big deal.

2 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

All the posters angry at bowles for resting Darnold would be the same posters who would be outraged if bowles started Darnold this week and sprain turned into a tear and he was lost for the season.

"How dare bowles risk seriously injuring our franchise QB in a meaningless game blah blah blah"

You guys are angry, I get it. You guys hate bowles, so do I. But letting Darnold take a week off is not a big deal.

Agree, i'm angry with Todd Bowles for his 23-34 record here amongst other things. 

Important to remember a win tomorrow means nothing in the grand scheme of things as far as the Todd Bowles era goes. 

The initial blame falls on Bowles as he is the head coach.  The bigger problem is that  the ownership and Mac have failed completely. We finally get a potential FQB and this is the kind of STUFF that happens because of pure incompetence. If Sam is in a boot because they are using it as an excuse to sit him, that is a big kick in the teeth to this kids confidence and his faith in this dysfunctional organization. How ownership or any other competent FO personnel can let this happen is beyond me. If he needs the boot ok but don't put the kid back in until the starters are healed and keep the offense simple and get this kids confidence back where it needs to be, F winning games, at this point the main focus is on our FQB and not ruining him.

Bowles needs to be fired so we have a jump on potential HC or GM tandem, our only hope to land a competent coach is Sam's potential and a coach who thinks he can bring the best out of him.

Archived