Darnold FARCE: I'm disgusted with this team and ownership

JohnnyLV

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, johnnysd said:

I firmly believe that the Darnold "injury" is complete and utter horse bleep. After the beating he took, I have no doubt that he tweaked his ankle/foot, BUT it has already be stated he could go if needed, and they are just being cautious, blah, blah, blah

BS!!!!

This is 100% a chickenbleep opportunistic move by Toilet Shi&& Bowles, to trot his trusty veteran out there to maybe win a game, so he cant try and save his own a$$. He does not give one flying f%*k about this team, I truly believe that.

He is the worst HC ever,

Thus whole thing is a complete farce and it repulses me. Darnold is NOT the issue. Literally never drafting for the offense, an incompetent OC , the worst HC in football, and offensive philosophy from 1932 is what the issue is.

Look no further than the emergence of Goff, once they dumped that loser windbag Fisher who is almost as bad as Bowles.

No this move is purely about Bowles sacrificing the future to save his own butt.

I truly truly hope Chris wakes up and realizes what needs to be down.

But this charade makes me really angry.

Ironic thing is that getting Darnold away from Bowles and Bates and our OL might actually be good for him long term. But Bowles does not care, he is only doing this for himself. If Darnold had a hangnail, Bowles would have started McCown because of Darnold's serious "hand" injury,

could also be chris or woody not willing to sacrifice darnold anymore even if it mean bowles butt.  bowles didn't claim to know about the walking cast in a presser so it's likely the whole thing came from on high.  the big question is what to do if mccown does get them to 7 or 8 wins?  highly unlikely but what would that mean for bowles?

There are either two options here: 1, Sam is hurt and they are protecting him. 2, Bowles is trying to save his job - he puts McCown into a game that Darnold hurt ought to win showing that we win with McCown and it isn't his fault that he is loosing. If that is the case, Johnson needs to fire Bowles now - truth is he is a dead man walking as Bates either sucks or he sucks because of Bowles. Either way, we will not get a good OC if Bowles is here as they won't want to be on the hot seat working for a HC without a future. I normally don't recommend firing a HC mid season, but at this point I don't see how we have any choice.

Fire Bowles now. With Bowles gone you have to move on from Rogers (maybe you wait until the end of the year). You likely will want to move on from Bates after the season as well. The only question is who do you make the interim HC?

1 hour ago, johnnysd said:

I firmly believe that the Darnold "injury" is complete and utter horse bleep. After the beating he took, I have no doubt that he tweaked his ankle/foot, BUT it has already be stated he could go if needed, and they are just being cautious, blah, blah, blah

BS!!!!

This is 100% a chickenbleep opportunistic move by Toilet Shi&& Bowles, to trot his trusty veteran out there to maybe win a game, so he cant try and save his own a$$. He does not give one flying f%*k about this team, I truly believe that.

He is the worst HC ever,

Thus whole thing is a complete farce and it repulses me. Darnold is NOT the issue. Literally never drafting for the offense, an incompetent OC , the worst HC in football, and offensive philosophy from 1932 is what the issue is.

Look no further than the emergence of Goff, once they dumped that loser windbag Fisher who is almost as bad as Bowles.

No this move is purely about Bowles sacrificing the future to save his own butt.

Ironic thing is that getting Darnold away from Bowles and Bates and our OL might actually be good for him long term. But Bowles does not care, he is only doing this for himself. If Darnold had a hangnail, Bowles would have started McCown because of Darnold's serious "hand" injury,

Mac and Bowles are professional liars, and you shouldn’t believe anything they say. But Sam Darnold is not. You think this kid of great integrity unlike Mac/Bowles would go along with this lie, wear a stupid boot to make it look good ? No way.. this kid held out, he has balls to step up.. His agent would not allow this 

2 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

There are either two options here: 1, Sam is hurt and they are protecting him. 2, Bowles is trying to save his job - he puts McCown into a game that Darnold hurt ought to win showing that we win with McCown and it isn't his fault that he is loosing. If that is the case, Johnson needs to fire Bowles now - truth is he is a dead man walking as Bates either sucks or he sucks because of Bowles. Either way, we will not get a good OC if Bowles is here as they won't want to be on the hot seat working for a HC without a future. I normally don't recommend firing a HC mid season, but at this point I don't see how we have any choice.

Fire Bowles now. With Bowles gone you have to move on from Rogers (maybe you wait until the end of the year). You likely will want to move on from Bates after the season as well. The only question is who do you make the interim HC?

Let's play conspiracy theory. Bowles is resting a "healthy" Darnold. This means

-Team doctors know.

-Players know.

-Darnold knows.

this means that ownership and management know. 

Think of all that, do you really, I mean really believe Bowles would logically do that. Say everything that you want about his coaching abilities and strategy, that would be occupational suicide. for One game. 

Let's get real here.

1 hour ago, Augustiniak said:

the narrative is intended that bowles would be a MUCH better coach if he wasn't forced to start a rookie qb.  

Bowles would be a much better coach if he could just do as he's told and didn't have to be responsible for the personality (or lack thereof) of the team.

He'd be okay as a coordinator, and even better as a position coach. He'd add a nice calming effect to a fiery HC. 

All these guys saying that his demeanor is unimportant but the team plays the exact same way Bowles acts on the sideline. ?

Our team also took on the personality of Rex when he was coach. ?

59 minutes ago, section314 said:

Yes, but would love to see them bring up Toth from PS. He was pretty highly regarded a few years back but was hurt. If he is healthy, maybe our answer at C long term?

They should certainly try him out.  No reason not to at this point.  All those bottom of the roster guys should see time if they think any could have a future here.  

17 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

They should certainly try him out.  No reason not to at this point.  All those bottom of the roster guys should see time if they think any could have a future here.  

Agreed. I think he was the 4th-5th rated C in the Elflin draft 2 years ago. You remember, when Elflin was sitting there when we were on the clock in rd 3, and it comes across the screen we traded back 12 spots to take a guy who we cut 6 weeks ago? Just trying to get your weekend off to a happy start.?

47 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Jeez, you guys are too much with all these conspiracy theories. Why can't anything be just what it is? For the Jets to bring Webb up from the PS, wouldn't they have to cut someone from the active roster? There's no need to do that if Davis isn't starting.  I'd rather see Webb then McCown, but what is the big deal if they are just playing it safe with Sam going into the bye week? He probably could play, but at less then 100%, and they're erring on the side of caution. Finally, there's nothing wrong with Sam taking a break at this time either. It gives him 2 weeks to clear his head and refocus. It's not like he was lighting it up the past few weeks.

Nah, I’m fine with this very plausible theory that Sam isn’t that hurt. This regime has gotten to that point. I give them ZERO benefit of the doubt. 

48 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

When you ask big picture, I tend to look at it from the true big picture. That means in the totality. The totality is not here, as the season needs to play out.

Now, while I am not expecting "miracles", I tend not to want to get caught up in teh week in, week out highs and lows. To me, that is a poor way to manage.

But, if I owned this club today, and it was end of season, I would fire Bowles and give Macc the opportunity to tell me whom he would consider on a short list of HC candidates. That would be my first knee jerk reaction. If I don't like that list or direction, I move on from him also.

Cool. The week to week highs and lows should be ignored because they in themselves are too small of a sample size. I disagree on Mac staying but think realistically think he stays. Future speculation might as well include him as GM when trying to speculate who the next coach is. 

I’ve always said that Rex and Tannenbaum did EXACTLY what you’d want to do, if your intent was to ruin a young quarterback. I still believe that, and it’s unbelievable that this new regime is trying to match and possibly exceed the prior duo’s incompetence. 

McCown gets a healthy center to play against the worst team on the schedule, while Darnold is not healthy enough to start... but he’s healthy enough to backup. Mother effing clowns. 

43 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

-Team doctors know.

-Players know.

-Darnold knows.

Think of all that, do you really, I mean really believe Bowles would logically do that. Say everything that you want about his coaching abilities and strategy, that would be occupational suicide. for One game. 

Let's get real here.

If it were a completely fake injury, I 100% agree that it’s not realistic at all. A grey area like something that he could play through and “can go” if he has to....that leaves the door wide open for speculation. The fact that Sam didn’t say that he was injured or that Bowles didn’t know. It just seems odd is all. 

6 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

I’ve always said that Rex and Tannenbaum did EXACTLY what you’d want to do, if your intent was to ruin a young quarterback. I still believe that, and it’s unbelievable that this new regime is trying to match and possibly exceed the prior duo’s incompetence. 

McCown gets a healthy center to play against the worst team on the schedule, while Darnold is not healthy enough to start... but he’s healthy enough to backup. Mother effing clowns. 

again, it seems as if bowles wants to demonstrate that the ONLY reason he's losing is b/c of the rookie qb.  they'll eke out an ugly win vs a terrible team and bowles will be all smiles at the post game presser as if he won a playoff game.  

42 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

If it makes you feel any better, I firmly believe Bowles job has been safe all season long and would be safe regardless who plays QB for the rest of the season or due to how many games they win from here on out.

Care to wager on that ?? he is already gone, they are just waiting until Jan to make it official 

59 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Mac and Bowles are professional liars, and you shouldn’t believe anything they say. But Sam Darnold is not. You think this kid of great integrity unlike Mac/Bowles would go along with this lie, wear a stupid boot to make it look good ? No way.. this kid held out, he has balls to step up.. His agent would not allow this 

Wow. One thing to hold out another to throw the whole organization under the bus. Apparently Mayfield went privately to ownership and complained, maybe Darnold is doing the same thing.

At least you guys have a choice to go to your game, I can't see my Trojans because the county I live in is on fire, and the freeway closed into L.A....add the horrific murders of innocent college kids in Thousand Oaks, this has been a depressing and sad week.

Support your team, don't make it about one player.

8 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Care to wager on that ?? he is already gone, they are just waiting until Jan to make it official 

Part of me says that they are dumb enough to keep Bowles and try yet another OC. But the thing I keep coming back to are the facts that we have maybe $100 million in draft space, a high draft pick, a young QB, and most importantly, a completely new uniform, it just almost seems a team in the Jets situation HAS to clean house.

9 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:

At least you guys have a choice to go to your game, I can't see my Trojans because the county I live in is on fire, and the freeway closed into L.A....add the horrific murders of innocent college kids in Thousand Oaks, this has been a depressing and sad week.

Support your team, don't make it about one player.

You put things in perspective here. Please be safe, and we all pray for those innocent kids and the hero who tried to save them.

24 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Wow. One thing to hold out another to throw the whole organization under the bus. Apparently Mayfield went privately to ownership and complained, maybe Darnold is doing the same thing.

Lol dude there is no way darnold would agree to wear a boot for show ? now maybe he said “ I’m hurt but I can go “ and if we were in the playoff hunt, he was playing good he would.. Now because of our awful record, when your franchise qb is a little banged up, you sit him. He is future. This is how major injuries happen often, by favoring/ compensating for his foot, his risk of spraining a knee, ect is now greater.. We want a very healthy Sam Darnold to start on 19, with a new HC, new O that 100 mil bought us.. I don’t want to see lingering injury issues carry into 19 so we could entertain our fan base with our shiny new franchise qb

1 hour ago, Scott Dierking said:

-Team doctors know.

-Players know.

-Darnold knows.

Let's get real here.

So, you are saying it cannot be a conspiracy because Bowles would have thought about every angle and planned accordingly? Or, Darnold is dinged up and he says he is protecting him - either way, I don't necessarily think it is a conspiracy; but, at the same time, it would not surprise me a bit that Bowles would go down a path without thinking it all the way through - if he really worked that way, he would be better at game plans....

2 hours ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Normally you could say it’s a smart move and I would agree but given the history of this coaching staff and trying to save their own *sses time and time again, there is zero trust or credibility. That’s on them.

People feel this way for a reason. We will never know the truth about things but the bottom line is we have seen enough and literally everything will be scrutinized at this point and rightfully so. I personally refuse just say “ok sounds good” to anything coming from of Mac and Bowles at this point.

They are compromised and looking out for their best interests which don’t align with the best interests of the team. Can’t trust people like that since they don’t think clearly and are in desperation mode. 

So true! And btw now Long will sit?! After a month of bad snaps. Also convenient that Trumaine, Enunwa and Anderson all healthy and playing. Bowles pulling out all the stops this game. Plus Bates' comments earlier. I really hope a win doesn't save their jobs.

2 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

Bowles (and staff) are not going to let us (or the Bills know), who the back up is. Have you not learned that they do not share info (nor should they).

As well, we don't know the extent of Darnold's injury. Is it he "can't play", or is this being "cautious". 

I understand the want for hysteria, but hysteria for the sake of being hysterical is not a great thing.

///pictures the Bills Defensive coaching staff shivering in their boots about who Todd will name the back up QB for Sunday 

2 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

I am not defending anything that they are doing. Nor am I happy. 

But, to get upset about the points made in this thread as some are, is purely getting upset, just to be upset. That is fine. Just understand it comes without basis on this point.

The fact this has plenty of validity behind it is plenty basis to be upset but thanks for telling everyone how they should feel based on your speculation.

3 hours ago, johnnysd said:

BS!!!!

He is the worst HC ever,

This is why you dont trade Bridgewater for a 3rd round pick in order to throw a Rookie into the fire with no help, one semi-average playmaker in Anderson, a suspect Oline, Center who's clearly injured, a HC who refuses to play a backup Center and an Offensive Coordinator that damn near made Brian Baldinger cry on behalf of Darnold on Twitter. 

That Bridgewater trade was so freaking ridiculous. The only thing I semi-disagree with is that Bowles is only benching Darnold in order to save his job. Truth be told, Sam Darnold should have not even been out there on the field until Teddy Bridgewater proved that he was not the guy for the job. I can understand keeping Darnold in front of McCown given McCown is like 100 years old, but what did Darnold get out of these games, really? He's been beat up, he can't trust his oline, he has no receiver who can step up and help, he has no playmakers at running back to balance the offense  because drafting a Defensive Tackle was more important than drafting Todd Gurly...etc., etc. 

The complete mismanagement of this team unfortunately includes the QB position, because it's always a great decision to trade Teddy Bridgewater for a 3rd round pick....a draft position that this regime has used in order to pick up 

#1. Nathan Shepard (1 solo tackle this season in 9 games played)

#2. Ardarius Stewart- Off the team

#3. Jordan Jenkins- JAG

#4. Lorenzo Mauldin- Off the team. 

The point for this football team, and I said this back in September, is to find a franchise QB, NOT play Sam Darnold. And again, this isn't in any way the fault of Darnold when I say that. My point is that you don't continue to do the same freaking thing and expect it to work. You don't draft a QB and decide not to put talent around him and then throw him out there. If you happen to draft a QB that you like, but you don't have the talent to support the young rookie then you put a veteran out there. If you have a guy like Bridgewater fall in your lap, then you give him every opportunity to show if he is the guy that many he was looking like he would become prior to that injury....especially when he looked to have made a full recovery. 

Instead we traded Teddy for a 3rd round pick that will likely contribute nothing to this team and will be cut after a season or two and now we're actively destroying a 21 year old QB that shouldn't have been thrown to the wolves like this to begin with. 

The 3rd round pick is useless. If Teddy was here and had a respectable season and you still believed that from watching behind the scenes Darnold was "the guy" then it would have been nothing to franchise tag Bridgewater then trade him for a 1st round or 2nd round pick. 

This is beyond Macc and Bowles, their incompetence was clear, which is why many of us called for their resignation last year....but this is on the Johnson family because they gave a chance at a rebuild as if the guys simply took a little longer than expected to field some talent. That isn't the case. There is no talent on this team, and whatever little talent there is its regressing because of the coaching staff. 

This coaching staff and front office needs to be fired right now. 

If darnold says he can play and hes being forced to rest, shame on dummy bowles. 

The buffalo game is winnable and only would have added some positive vibes and confidence to our rookie qb. 

What now? Mccown does a fair to good job and a qb controversy starts? We win a few meaningless games for worse picks? Ughhhhhh

2 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

This is why you dont trade Bridgewater for a 3rd round pick in order to throw a Rookie into the fire with no help, one semi-average playmaker in Anderson, a suspect Oline, Center who's clearly injured, a HC who refuses to play a backup Center and an Offensive Coordinator that damn near made Brian Baldinger cry on behalf of Darnold on Twitter. 

That Bridgewater trade was so freaking ridiculous. The only thing I semi-disagree with is that Bowles is only benching him in order to save his job. Truth be told, Sam Darnold should have have even been out there on the field until Teddy Bridgewater proved that he was not the guy for the job. I can understand keeping Darnold in front of McCown given McCown is like 100 years old, but what did Darnold get out of these games, really? He's been beat up, he can't trust his oline, he has no receiver who can step up and help, he has no playmakers at running back to balance the offense  because drafting a Defensive Tackle was more important than drafting Todd Gurly...etc., etc. 

The complete mismanagement of this team unfortunately includes the QB position, because it's always a great decision to trade Teddy Bridgewater for a 3rd round pick....a draft position that this regime has used in order to pick up 

#1. Nathan Shepard (1 solo tackle this season in 9 games played)

#2. Ardarius Stewart- Off the team

#3. Jordan Jenkins- JAG

#4. Lorenzo Mauldin- Off the team. 

The point for this football team, and I said this back in September, is to find a franchise QB, NOT play Sam Darnold. And again, this isn't in any way the fault of Darnold when I say that. My point is that you don't continue to do the same freaking thing and expect it to work. You don't draft a QB and decide not to put talent around him and then throw him out there. If you happen to draft a QB that you like, but you don't have the talent to support the young rookie then you put a veteran out there. If you have a guy like Bridgewater fall in your lap, then you give him every opportunity to show if he is the guy that many he was looking like he would become prior to that injury....especially when he looked to have made a full recovery. 

Instead we traded Teddy for a 3rd round pick that will likely contribute nothing to this team and will be cut after a season or two and now we're actively destroying a 21 year old QB that shouldn't have been thrown to the wolves like this to begin with. 

The 3rd round pick is useless. If Teddy was here and had a respectable season and you still believed that from watching behind the scenes Darnold was "the guy" then it would have been nothing to franchise tag Bridgewater then trade him for a 1st round or 2nd round pick. 

This is beyond Macc and Bowles, their incompetence was clear, which is why many of us called for their resignation last year....but this is on the Johnson family because they gave a chance at a rebuild as if the guys simply took a little longer than expected to field some talent. That isn't the case. There is no talent on this team, and whatever little talent there is its regressing because of the coaching staff. 

This coaching staff and front office needs to be fired right now. 

It’s like, why even use the draft? 

Archived