FIRE MACCAGNAN!!!!!!!

9 hours ago, genot said:

Idzik didn't draft one player that's made any significant contribution.He's the reason for the most part we're in this situation. Mac inherited an aging roster, without a QB, and hardly any young players in the pipeline that were going to contribute

Please. He had 4 years.  BLEW IT!!!  Tons of cap space.  He passed on 2 great QBs , drafted HACK. In 4 years he has drafted how many good players? 2, maybe 3.   He overpays old VETS.

Hes terrible. He is Idzik with a coffee cup. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

I guess this is what happens when you have a GM who ignores the offensive side of the ball.  Dead last in red zone offense in 2 of the last 3 years.  And worse this season with McCown (33%) than Darnold, so it ain't just the struggling rookie QB.

Fire Macc!!!

• Upvote 1

Just now, Lith said:

I guess this is what happens when you have a GM who ignores the offensive side of the ball.  Dead last in red zone offense in 2 of the last 3 years.  And worse this season with McCown (33%) than Darnold, so it ant just the struggling rookie QB.

Fire Macc!!!

Even with the worst coaching in the league, if you had some decent players they would still find a way to break off some plays.  This team is saddled with poor players who combined with poor coaches gets you historic levels of ineptness.  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, HessStation said:

THIS HAS TO ******* HAPPEN BTW

just a daily reminder Johnson’s you spineless fuknuts 

Even if they just promote Heirmerdinky even if it’s only temporary and to give him an audition for here or elsewhere for his sake. This will buy us time until we get a proper head of football ops. That will take time but is necessary at this point.

I don’t like change for the sake of change but Mac and Bowles have been the most incompetent HC/GM duo that I have ever seen and it’s not even close. 

• Thumb Down 1

13 minutes ago, Lith said:

I guess this is what happens when you have a GM who ignores the offensive side of the ball.  Dead last in red zone offense in 2 of the last 3 years.  And worse this season with McCown (33%) than Darnold, so it ain't just the struggling rookie QB.

Fire Macc!!!

Almost seems impossible until you realize the world is full of rich idiots like Chris and Woody Johnson

I just read an article at SNY thejetsBlog titled, "Why the Jets may NOT be McCarthy's preferred coaching destination," and you can pretty much apply one of the main reason's to any of the top candidates as the next head coach of the Jets. That reason is the Mike Maccagan issue. None of the top candidates are coming here if the Jets keep lame duck Mike Maccagan, and you cannot reward Mac with another extension. The answer is simple. FIRE MACCAGNAN!

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

5 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

I just read an article at SNY thejetsBlog titled, "Why the Jets may NOT be McCarthy's preferred coaching destination," and you can pretty much apply one of the main reason's to any of the top candidates as the next head coach of the Jets. That reason is the Mike Maccagan issue. None of the top candidates are coming here if the Jets keep lame duck Mike Maccagan, and you cannot reward Mac with another extension. The answer is simple. FIRE MACCAGNAN!

Even the people who want to give Mac a chance (very few), would have to consider this as being an issue with attracting a head coach. It makes literally no sense to keep Mac unless Woody insists on being part of the next big move and is purposely delaying things.

They would have just kept Bowles as coach with a very long leash but he’s so terrible that they have to fire Bowles. Basically, they will let Mac hire his own coach and delay the inevitable which will further damage us.

I can’t imagine it being any other reason. It’s not fans being emotional and irrational when calling for Mac’s head. It’s being practical and forward thinking. 

• Thumb Down 1

The issue with replacing Mac is they wont have the same urgency to get this team better as Mac has right now. If they bring in someone from the outside they will take the Idzik approach thinking they have at least three years to get this team competitive. Only option is promoting someone from within like Hermandinger who can continue Macs plan but with hopefully better drafting.

If they were going to fire Macc, then they should have done it already and get a GM in place for the coaching search that starts right after the season ends.  Or else, you are doing what we did before (dual search) or waiting to hire a gm first that can also take time.

2 minutes ago, Dinamite said:

If they were going to fire Macc, then they should have done it already and get a GM in place for the coaching search that starts right after the season ends.  Or else, you are doing what we did before (dual search) or waiting to hire a gm first that can also take time.

Black Monday we clean house. 

Fire Macc thought of the day.

I am an insurance guy who lives in the Chicago area.  I did not like either Deshaun Watson or Patrick Mahomes.  I was happy that Macc passed on both guys in the 2017 draft.  I was wrong.  I am not very good at evaluating football talent or QBs.  I expect an NFL GM to be much better at evaluating football talent than I am,  

If Macc does not make better football decisions than some insurance guy from Chicago, then he should be fired.

That is all.

• Upvote 2

58 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

That is all.  

Since you are posting stuff from Jason -- below is link to his podcast from a few days ago.  It is long -- close to 2 hours and I have only gotten about halfway through it so far.  But it is hard to listen to him and then defend Macc as GM.

https://overthecap.com/otc-podcast-a-new-york-jets-offseason-preview

Fire macc!!!

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, sec101row23 said:

Mike Maccagnan after 4 years, has assembled the worst collection of offensive players in the league. 

That is all. 

Preaching to the choir bud,  I was being called a retarded person last year by most of the folks on this board for saying Macc had to go now suddenly everyone hates Macc

Unfortunately knowing the Johnsons he is entrenched here.  All we can hope for is Macc doesn’t waste a top 3 pick on a Right Tackle and he actually signs good free agents with that $100 million in cap room

4 minutes ago, Lith said:

Since you are posting stuff from Jason -- below is link to his podcast from a few days ago.  It is long -- clsoe to 2 hours and I have only gotten about halfway through it so far.  But it is hard to listen to him and then defend Macc as GM.

https://overthecap.com/otc-podcast-a-new-york-jets-offseason-preview

Fire macc!!!

No one is defending Macc now.  It’s way too embarrassing.  Even his biggest 2 defenders on this board all they do now is whine that we don’t appreciate Jamal Adams enough they need a new cause