FIRE MACCAGNAN!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

What was the good move?  Trading up?  It looks like it worked out, but it was far from a sure thing - we get 3rd choice and gave up those 2nds. The point being made is that the trade up was a good move, but it was necessitated by the prior moves which were sketchy at best. 

As I said, literally zero factors leading to the Richardson trade relate to QB, so why did you list that in your when things are different, they are different mantra? 

You're totally right there was no "sure thing" there.  Not to mention he ruined draft positioning by bringing McCown in to generate a handful of useless wins.  Of course the objective is to try to win for any team, but why not ride with the QB you spent a 2nd Rd draft pick on? (and after the selection EVERY Penn State fan who had seen Hackenberg's entire career questioned Maccagnan's competency).

The trade up by Maccagnan was for SELF PRESERVATION, call it for what it is.  He doesn't land a QB, any QB, he's gone, which is why he was begging Cousins to sign (smart of him to take less and not be part of the Jet sh*tshow).

And look what happened, since the Jets not only have the most incompetent head coach, probably GM, and without a doubt Owner, he might have parlayed his QB move into 3 MORE YEARS as GM.

I still can't believe that it is quite possible that this clueless looking dolt might be a GM in the NFL for 7 YEARS, when after 4 his roster can barely field a punt coverage team, and not much else.

But hopefully, and likely, the Jets will get their doors blown off in the last 6 games, and the Franchise will pretty much risk irrelevancy with whatever few fans are left unless they TOTALLY clean house, which should have been done a few years ago.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I'm not sure, but Matt Millen was President in Detroit for 8 years.  2001-2008.  The last 6 he was also GM. 2003-2008.  They never had a record better than 7-9 while he was there.  Worse they were 9-7 the year before he took over, then dropped to 2-14.  They had made the playoffs in 6 of the 10 years prior to his arrival. Sanders retired in 1998.

Awesome info and a great example. I forgot about his tenure. Sad that keeping Mac is even an option. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Time for the daily bump of the best topic on here. Fire this piece of garbage loser before he ruins the career of Sam Darnold. Maccagnan has no place in any NFL front office much less being a GM.

Bowles sucks no doubt and will be fired but if this idiot stays on as GM it won't matter who we hire as coach. Its been four years and this roster is no better than when he took over so so long loser.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 2

21 minutes ago, Pennington said:

Time for the daily bump of the best topic on here. Fire this piece of garbage loser before he ruins the career of Sam Darnold. Maccagnan has no place in any NFL front office much less being a GM.

Bowles sucks no doubt and will be fired but if this idiot stays on as GM it won't matter who we hire as coach. Its been four years and this roster is no better than when he took over so so long loser.

This guy gets it. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pennington said:

Anyone who knows anything knows Mac is the bigger problem than Bowles — and Bowles stinks

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

On 11/21/2018 at 11:31 AM, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

The ole fallacy of the predetermined outcome. If you change one thing about the past, every else changes too. We don't know if Macc still would have traded Richardson for a 2nd round pick and Kearse if they drafted Mahomes or Watson. Do you know why? Every other pick would have changed not only for the Jets, but for the rest of the NFL. This is why playing what if in this situation is useless. 

We live in the real world and not the 20/20 hindsight world.  Macc trading three second rounders for the opportunity to draft a franchise QB is one of his shining moments. I'm not defending Macc's body of work, but I'm not going to be a fool and pretend that everything he did was wrong. 

If your one shining moment is selling the farm to try to correct your own previous blunders, I’m sorry but no ribbon for you.

• Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, jgb said:

When you carry a pile of manure in a bag for 4 years, the bag will end up smelling exactly like its contents. We just need to figure out which between Macc and bowles is the manure and which is the bag.

Sometimes you have to throw the bag out with the bathwater LOL.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

Well I came here to bump but thank you all(especially @joewilly12). This is not how I envisioned contributing as “captain” and I know this seems like constant negativity. It is and it sucks but the goal here is to get attention and pick up steam.

Most of the fanbase wants Mac gone and it’s something that I personally feel strong about (hence occasionally bumping my own thread). 

Any Mac supporters or people that are on the fence, sorry in advance or again if this annoys you. I totally understand. I completely get it and it’s not fun to be redundant or to beat a “dead horse”.  The problem is, until the horse(MAC) is dead(fired), we must  apply the pressure. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

22 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Well I came here to bump but thank you all(especially @joewilly12). This is not how I envisioned contributing as “captain” and I know this seems like constant negativity. It is and it sucks but the goal here is to get attention and pick up steam.

Most of the fanbase wants Mac gone and it’s something that I personally feel strong about (hence occasionally bumping my own thread). 

Any Mac supporters or people that are on the fence, sorry in advance or again if this annoys you. I totally understand. I completely get it and it’s not fun to be redundant or to beat a “dead horse”.  The problem is, until the horse(MAC) is dead(fired), we must  apply the pressure. 

Agree Creepy Lurker and you are welcome. 

2 hours ago, jgb said:

If your one shining moment is selling the farm to try to correct your own previous blunders, I’m sorry but no ribbon for you.

Agreed. No ribbon for Macc on the totality of his run as GM. He does get a ribbon for making a great trade up to three irrespective of his previous failures to draft a QB.

• Upvote 1

Just now, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Agreed. No ribbon for Macc on the totality of his run as GM. He does get a ribbon for making a great trade up to three irrespective of his previous failures to draft a QB.

Sooner or later any GM is bound to get it right and is Sam Darnold that guy a lot still to be determined. 

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Sooner or later any GM is bound to get it right and is Sam Darnold that guy a lot still to be determined. 

That is not my argument. I'll keep on repeating my argument. The trade up that netted us Darnold was a good move before the draft, and looks even better after we drafted him. If Darnold wasn't available, we would have been the position to draft Mayfield or Rosen.  In terms of the move, it was good. In terms of the totality of his time as GM, it changed my grade of him from an F to an F+. 

Once again, I am not defending the totality of his time as GM. I am giving him credit for making a good move. The argument that he could have drafted Mahomes or Watson is part of a different argument. 

• Post of the Week 1

7 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Cimini mentions that its expected that Maccagnan will get to finish up his "rebuilding project". Is that code for he will be allowed to continue making this roster the worst in the NFL or that he will spend big to get the Jets to that elusive 7 or 8 win mark next season before it falls apart again. We have the young QB and cap space to lure a top GM and young offensive head coach so lets not waste anymore time with this loser.

Lets keep up the pressure so the media can finally wake up and start writing articles about how inept this clown is. Yeah ownership will probably screw up the next GM and coaching search but a broken clock is right twice a day and those are better odds than letting Maccagnan stay on.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Matt39 said:

This is ridiculous. How is this even an option. If ownership thinks Mac is “good enough” after what he has done, we are doomed. All the banners in the world won’t make a difference because our owners are BRAIN DEAD.

To be fair, after Rex and Idzik, they hired help to find replacements since they even know that they are idiots and it failed miserably. It’s s complete joke and now they don’t trust outside help so they’ll just stick with Mac so they don’t have to make s decision. Let him deal with finding a head coach. They don’t realize that they are rewarding him for MASS failure and alienating their fanbase.

F*ck this team. I love the players but I’ve never hated coaches, GM and Ownership more. It’s ruining football for me this is not an organization that I stand for.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

The coward spineless clueless owners have no clue about anything football related this is why they have no choice but to retain MM.

Don't they realize he is the worst GM in the NFL. 

There is no substitute for victory and a successful organization winning is what its all about. 

MM and TB are losers 4 years in a row losers the worst football in the NFL is on display every time the NY Jets step on the field.

Our roster is the worst in the NFL. 

Im a lifelong diehard we all are the most resilient fans in the NFL. 

WE DESERVE BETTER if the Johnson brothers cant fix it SELL THE TEAM. 

joewilly12

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

My problem is we have all seen this picture before when he had a lot of money when he first arrived with the Jets.  That money was spent on players who no longer contribute to our team.  Revis, Cromartie, Fitzpatrick, etc.  No replacements for DBrick or Mangold. Draft picks not being developed.  Trumaine Johnson is  costing a lot of money over the next few years.  So my point is, how is him spending money and running the draft going to change this year?  He has not shown improvement.

The other side of the argument is we keep moving on and on and on and on and on.

I'm guessing we would have been in a better place if we kept Tannibaum and Mangini at this point.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

13 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

The coward spineless clueless owners have no clue about anything football related this is why they have no choice but to retain MM.

Don't they realize he is the worst GM in the NFL. 

There is no substitute for victory and a successful organization winning is what its all about. 

MM and TB are losers 4 years in a row losers the worst football in the NFL is on display every time the NY Jets step on the field.

Our roster is the worst in the NFL. 

Im a lifelong diehard we all are the most resilient fans in the NFL. 

WE DESERVE BETTER if the Johnson brothers cant fix it SELL THE TEAM. 

joewilly12

It’s a shame because it’s not logical at all to care about an undeserving team so much but I love football and selfishly only care about the Jets. If continue to RUIN the fan experience by completely unacceptable actions, then it’s going to ruin football for me.

I can watch other games but it just doesn’t do it for me. Chiefs and Adams was exciting and I’m going to try harder to enjoy other games and root for other teams for fun on the side. It’s just not the same. I’m fine with losing if there is a plan or purpose.

Everyone was on board with a rebuild and patient. What we got was a complete joke. It’s actually hard to do as poorly as we have and that’s amazing to me. Worse than prior regimes. Rex and Idzik >>>>>>>Bowles and Mac. It’s not even close and Rex and Idzik were a bad tandem that had to go.

How did we not even improve slightly from the Idzik disaster? We prolonged it and the mac disaster is just as bad because it’s taken twice as long and we are in a similar spot. 

• Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, NYDreamer said:

My problem is we have all seen this picture before when he had a lot of money when he first arrived with the Jets.  That money was spent on players who no longer contribute to our team.  Revis, Cromartie, Fitzpatrick, etc.  No replacements for DBrick or Mangold. Draft picks not being developed.  Trumaine Johnson is  costing a lot of money over the next few years.  So my point is, how is him spending money and running the draft going to change this year?  He has not shown improvement.

The other side of the argument is we keep moving on and on and on and on and on.

I'm guessing we would have been in a better place if we kept Tannibaum and Mangini at this point.

It’s crazy that things are so bad and I honestly don’t think any good candidates would want to come here. I would “settle” for almost any prior Jets head coach at this point and a good GM or even if they bring back Tanny.

I DO NOT WANT THAT but beggers can’t be choosers and is literally take almost anything over what we have and be fine with being 8-8 mediocre. At least footballl would be enjoyable and we’d get lucky eventually.

We are NOT going to be a well run organization that can contend regularly. It’s just not going to happen so might as well find some sort of compromise and settle. 

• Thumb Down 1