JETS V TEXANS GAMEDAYYYYYYY THREAD GET UP COME ON

T0mShane

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Its fun when your only expectation is to watch a young QB. 

That's not my only expectation, so it's not fun. 

That's only for when you watch the Browns, right? I mean, doesn't matter what happens in those games, because Baker is just dreamy......

10 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Nothing, he was never that good

Never great, but last year he was more than competent. Enough to say that Macc got a good haul for Sheldon with a 2nd and Kearse. This year he was a waste of a roster spot.

3 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

That's true. 

Which is why I stopped watching them live and instead watch other teams. I wouldn't have watched this game live if not for it being on Saturday night primetime with no other game on. 

Dont expect this to happen next week. 

Oh man, I was counting on this.

5 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Sooooo...are people finally starting to understand about how other QB’s would look the same in this offense?

Sam looked great today. Nobody has said any different. He was everything any of us could ask for. I’m not sure what you’re getting at here, unless you want credit for it? 

Only saw the 2nd half.  One thing that I definitely saw is that Jamal Adams is a steely-eyed missile man.  You can argue about the value of a Safety at #6, but he is the real deal and looking like he'll be a perennial all-pro.  The way he caught that Texan from behind.  Damn.  And then followed it up with a sack just a few plays later (if I have the sequence right) when he should have been gassed.  I'm fully impressed.

Just now, nycdan said:

Only saw the 2nd half.  One thing that I definitely saw is that Jamal Adams is a steely-eyed missile man.  You can argue about the value of a Safety at #6, but he is the real deal and looking like he'll be a perennial all-pro.  The way he caught that Texan from behind.  Damn.  And then followed it up with a sack just a few plays later (if I have the sequence right) when he should have been gassed.  I'm fully impressed.

1st half he was quiet

4 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Sam looked great today. Nobody has said any different. He was everything any of us could ask for. I’m not sure what you’re getting at here, unless you want credit for it? 

People have said it. You have been one of the few Mayfield fan boys who have been honest about it and I respect that. Don’t start this tonight.? we are cool dude 

19 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

He wouldn’t have been in 4th and 17 if he didn’t throw a bomb to a double covered Robby on first down. He had Herndon open in the flat and McGuire open in the middle. He played it like he had 50 seconds on the clock not 2:30 with 2 timeouts. He was great today but he lacked awareness on that drive.

What an asinine take. If he connects on the deep ball he’s a hero. Most long bombs have a check down open underneath. I’m guessing you trashed mayfield for throwing a bomb into double coverage last week that went for a TD? Darnold was hit as he threw. He then made the play to convert on 4th down- so it was moot. Ang starting nfl WR needs to make that 4th down catch. 

9 minutes ago, nycdan said:

How good is Adams if this team consistently gives up 300 yards and multiple TDs through the air weekly?! He’s very solid but he’ll never live up to that lofty draft pick. It’s nearly impossible for him to. 

7 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Watts had a good game but looked exhausted. Sam gave them more they wanted or expected. I saw Watts talking to Sam after the game. I’m sure he gave Sam a thumbs up. 

Great team effort in the loss. They should feel proud.

Archived