Re-ranking the 2018 QBs

TuscanyTile2

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

If the question is based on this year and what they have done so far, Allen gets the edge over darnold.  He put his team on his back a few times and won games.  

No offense but you've seen Allen play right?  He's a fine runner, but as a passer, not so much.  The games he put the Jills on his back and won, were due, in great part, to his abilities as a runner, an attribute that's sure to get him severely kneecapped in the not too distant future.  As a present and future NFL caliber quarterback,  Darnold is, and will be superior.

2 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

No offense but you've seen Allen play right?  He's a fine runner, but as a passer, not so much.  The games he put the Jills on his back and won, were due, in great part, to his abilities as a runner, an attribute that's sure to get him severely kneecapped in the not too distant future.  As a present and future NFL caliber quarterback,  Darnold is, and will be superior.

The question wasnt "who is strictly the best thrower of the football."

My rankings are 100% correct based on the criteria.

12 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Correct.  The question wasnt who has the brightest future.  Allen was a one man wrecking crew and won games by himself this year.

My rankings are 100% correct.

Darnold beats Allen in every single passing category.  I don't think you can say your rankings are the definitive truth. 

22 minutes ago, JetsYanks13 said:

Mayfield ends the game with a pick!

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Also ended the game with arguably the greatest rookie season for a QB in NFL history.

That Browns/Ravens game was lit throughout its entirety.

Lamar/Mayfield will be great to see over the years. 

Mayfield is a savage and with proper scheme if Lamar plays mistake free football that option game is virtually unstoppable.

8 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Correct.  But based on this year alone, my rankings are correct.

Have your actually watched Josh Allen play this year besides highlights? He's awful. Hes had 2 games where he's looked competent as a passer this year. If the Jets defense was #2 in the league like Buffalo they'd probably have 8 wins. The Bills defense carried Allens terrible QB play to some victories. Before today's game against the Dolphins the Bills averaged 16.3 pts with Allen as the starter yet won 4 of those games. So no, you're not correct.

10 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Mayfield and darnold look great. 

Jackson looks like a play maker with his legs but I don't see him ever being in an above average passer.

Allen looks better than most here thought.

Rosen needs a chance with a real coaching stafff 

Rosen looks atrocious. Just completely lost out there. Darnold has a terrible coaching staff as well but at least he progressed and finished strong. Rosen singlehandedly lost the game for them today.

4 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

It’s a great QB class. These guys are all pretty good. You can start ranking them imo around this time next year. I still take Darmold. 

Me too. Sam is the youngest and had zero talent around him yet still was impressive.  Truthfully he only had that 2-3 game stretch where he threw a lot pick but since coming back he has been terrific

Baker clear #1. Jackson #2 He turned his teams season around, took them to the playoffs. Darnold/Allen tie #3 because i can see both becoming really good QBs, but neither is there yet. Rosen #5 he's almost as young as Darnold and plays for a team as bad as the Jets. He's equal to Sam as a passer, but can't compensate for his poor OL with mobility the way Sam can.

Also ended the game with arguably the greatest rookie season for a QB in NFL history.
That Browns/Ravens game was lit throughout its entirety.
Lamar/Mayfield will be great to see over the years. 
Mayfield is a savage and with proper scheme if Lamar plays mistake free football that option game is virtually unstoppable.

He sure did have a great rookie year, but, the fact is he threw a pick to end the game!

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Mayfield: Best overall quarterback-talent of the bunch. It wasnt close in college and it seems not to be close in the pros. 

Jackson: In a great situation with a great coach who knows how to use him. It's not the conventional way to play, but it's about wins. He has the best D in the league and he runs the option very well. 

Darnold: It's hard to fairly grade a guy who's shown traits and flashes but is on the NY Jets, which means no talent and no quality coaching.

Allen: Big armed TE. One of the things that you either have or dont have by the time you get to this level is accuracy. Allen on a good day will look like a phenomenon. In a 16 week season, inconsistent and inaccurate. 

Rosen: Statue. His team is as bad as the Jets but he's not shown to be as good as Darnold. I was never a believer in Rosen's game. Mechanics?....that works during draft talk. No one cares about that in the league for as long as you can make the plays. Rosen hasnt made as many plays as Darnold and Darnold is in a similar situation and has to play the Pats twice. 

Archived