Bob Raissman on Joe Benigno

DMan77

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You got all of this after reading what I wrote?  LOL.  

1.  Every owner knows nothing about football from their backgrounds.  So?  Your point?  Which one has the football background, Mara or Tisch?

2.  As bad as Matt Millen?  Go away, the over the top whining makes you look silly.  I gave you some history on your beloved Giants and theyve had more than their fair share of screw ups.  

You are not important dude stop acting grandiose.  I had been saying this forever.  your comeback basically I wrote what you wrote and nothing on my point but that I’m a Giants fan.  GTFOH.  Have a nice day.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The Shea fanbase is dead, that's what I mean.  This group of blue collar "dems Jets is da best" speaking guys from Queens who were 45-55 years old in 1985 are today 78-88 years old and no longer in the stadium and, for the most part, are no longer with us (RIP).

So when this caricature of that type of Blue Collar Average Joe Queens Angry Jets Fan gets played today, it bombs terribly.  Because today's MetLife fans are PSL wealthy white collar executives from Manhattan and the tony suburbs and we don't speak that way, we don't act that way, and we have half a brain and can't be fooled by the disingenuous, self-serving, and faked attitudes of these two clowns.

Fireman Ed quit on the team and keeps trying to find his way back and doesn't understand why no one does his chant anymore.  Answer?  We aren't a bunch of drunks anymore.  White collar types are there to watch the game with their kids, not to escape the misery of a life without money.

Joe Beningo used to be a great listen because he was honest and raw with his feelings.  Today 20 years later you can tell it's a job requirement, something they discuss in daily meetings, and something he's trying to sell a group of people who aren't drunk at 11AM and can see through his fakery.

Clear?  We good now?

SAR I

We good yo. You da man

5 minutes ago, DRJETS said:

You are not important dude stop acting grandiose.  I had been saying this forever.  your comeback basically I wrote what you wrote and nothing on my point but that I’m a Giants fan.  GTFOH.  Have a nice day.

Important? Because I rehashed history?  

Sorry I wont buy into your "we suck, no ones worse, Matt Millan like" line of shlt.  Grow up 

3 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

What a dolt.  Get that knucklehead off the air.  Tell him Congratulations, he doesn't need to talk about the Jets until Gase is gone.

He's lost his credibility and his objectivity.  He's a corporate WFAN shill.  "Hey Joe, we need you to be angry today, it's sweeps week". 

So he's no longer worth listening to.

SAR I

3 hours ago, rangerous said:

funny how benigno goes out of his way to diss the media for dissing mccarthy when benigno is the media.  from what i can tell only maneesh thought mccarthy would be a bad hire.

Manish vs. Joe & Evan was a manufactured event, the suits at the Daily News and the suits at Entercom need to see radio and social media revenue increases and this is the way to do it.  "Queue Angry Beningo!  Queue a Manish slam!  Queue a Manish response!  Let's do that the next day!  Double the revenue!"

This stereotype the media has of the "angry Jets fan from Queens" is their mistake.  They should go to a few games, see the Yankees/Rangers caliber fanbase and stop playing us for lowest-common-denominator fools.

SAR I

3 hours ago, Reprisalizer said:

I heard the entire interview - not always a fan of Manish but Joe and Evan are pathetic, self-loathing, poorly educated, fake news/make it up as they go shock jocks. They shout and yell, have almost no credible arguments and only speak about the worst case scenario.  New Yorkers should be ashamed to be represented by these guys. There low-brow, beat you over the head nonsense with their 4-year old demeanor and exaggerated New York accents (do yourself a favor and never speak like one of these guys in a job interview that pays more than minimum wage) is a detriment to the entire NY sports world. 

Excellent post. Agree 100%. Can't understand how Beningo and Roberts (and other Jets fans) can be so over the top in favor of McCarthy and so negative towards Gase. Both have positives and both have flaws, it's why they were available. We went the the younger, more firey coach who hasnt reached his potential yet as opposed to a 55 year old who many felt the game has past him by. I am totally fine it.  If Mike McCarthy is so awesome, why hasn't another team thrown the world at him to be their HC? 

2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Benigno called into Roberts’ podcast today and said he’s warming to the idea of Gase, especially if he hires Gregg Williams as his DC.  His negativity can make for interesting radio (mostly for the humor of it) but he really did go over the line when interviewing Mehta.  I’m no fan of Mehta btw (his “wait until tomorrow for the big news” when the “big news” was “Jamal Adams is friendly with Michael Jordan” was a true embarrassment).  But Mehta at least conducts himself like a professional when being interviewed, even when the interview consists of baseless attacks on his character. 

+1

And the one thing I hoped to hear Beningo and Roberts grill Manish on they never got to-  the point that because of his leaks its caused locker room dissension for years.

The Johnson's listen to the fans and they listen to media.  It's a fact.  Beningo lobbying for keeping Rex Ryan and Manish and his endless leaks against players and coaches actually cost us wins.  The two of them are a major part of the problem.  I want them both to get blacklisted by Gase and Williams, flushed out of our faces along with all the malcontent players who get stoned and take games off.

SAR I

28 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The Shea fanbase is dead, that's what I mean.  This group of blue collar "dems Jets is da best" speaking guys from Queens who were 45-55 years old in 1985 are today 78-88 years old and no longer in the stadium and, for the most part, are no longer with us (RIP).

So when this caricature of that type of Blue Collar Average Joe Queens Angry Jets Fan gets played today, it bombs terribly.  Because today's MetLife fans are PSL wealthy white collar executives from Manhattan and the tony suburbs and we don't speak that way, we don't act that way, and we have half a brain and can't be fooled by the disingenuous, self-serving, and faked attitudes of these two clowns.

Fireman Ed quit on the team and keeps trying to find his way back and doesn't understand why no one does his chant anymore.  Answer?  We aren't a bunch of drunks anymore.  White collar types are there to watch the game with their kids, not to escape the misery of a life without money.

Joe Beningo used to be a great listen because he was honest and raw with his feelings.  Today 20 years later you can tell it's a job requirement, something they discuss in daily meetings, and something he's trying to sell a group of people who aren't drunk at 11AM and can see through his fakery.

Clear?  We good now?

SAR I

100%. but you are overselling the typical Jet fan as “MetLife fans”.  There are plenty of Jet fans with a cultural connection to the Jets (even if the financial connection isn’t there any more). These fans are blue collar, middle class, and wealthy. The PSL fans are a limited group that skews the analysis towards a minority. Beningo is a relic that also skews — in the opposite direction. 

The truth is in the middle. 

18 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

We good yo. You da man

Hey, if you're a blue collar drunken outlier, I wasn't referring to you.  I was referring to the 95% of the rest of us at MetLife who have great careers and strong families and don't need to use a stadium as a sports bar to get wasted and escape life.

SAR I

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

+1

And the one thing I hoped to hear Beningo and Roberts grill Manish on they never got to-  the point that because of his leaks its caused locker room dissension for years.

The Johnson's listen to the fans and they listen to media.  It's a fact.  Beningo lobbying for keeping Rex Ryan and Manish and his endless leaks against players and coaches actually cost us wins.  The two of them are a major part of the problem.  I want them both to get blacklisted by Gase and Williams, flushed out of our faces along with all the malcontent players who get stoned and take games off.

SAR I

All indications show Gase has the balls to do this. I hope this plays out. 

7 minutes ago, Vader said:

100%. but you are overselling the typical Jet fan as “MetLife fans”.  There are plenty of Jet fans with a cultural connection to the Jets (even if the financial connection isn’t there any more). These fans are blue collar, middle class, and wealthy. The PSL fans are a limited group that skews the analysis towards a minority. Beningo is a relic that also skews — in the opposite direction. 

The truth is in the middle. 

"Cultural connection to the Jets" is a very expensive state-of-the-art training facility and a very expensive state-of-the-art stadium in the NFL's most expensive and trendy city.  And a stadium full of Yankees/Rangers fans who have the cash and the time to spend on PSL's and long-term commitments.  Especially now when the 2008 PSL enema followed by the 2011 collapse washed out the Shea and Giants Stadium crowd, and after 8 years of crappy football only left the diehards, the true Jets fans who stood by the team through it all.

"Blue collar" we aren't.  That's how they packaged the team and sold us in 1975.  That's not how it is today.  Perhaps in the $5 StubHub seats Upper Deck, but not paying customers in the Mezzanine and Lower Levels.

SAR I

1 minute ago, Copernicus said:

All indications show Gase has the balls to do this. I hope this plays out. 

0ap3000001009716.jpg

11594029.jpg

Adam Gase has the bravado of Rex Ryan and the intelligence of Peyton Manning.  Throw Mad Dog Gregg in there whipping the lazy stoned defense into shape and I'm in heaven, I'm literally getting an erection as I type this.  If my wife didn't take care of me this morning I'd sneak upstairs to the master bathroom and whack myself to a photo of those two sexy MF'ers right now.

SAR I

4 hours ago, SAR I said:

Jets fans lead the league in playing the victim and Beningo has gone full-Fireman Ed, struggling to deal with the new reality.

Neither represent today's fanbase and need to go away already.

SAR I

How about the organization shut the fans up and act, even remotely, competent.

Benigo hasn't been wrong.

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

How about the organization shut the fans up and act, even remotely, competent.

Benigo hasn't been wrong.

There is no way that any rational Jets fan relates to Beningo anymore.  We hit on the Darnold pick.  That changed everything.  If we didn't take a QB last year, different story, but we did and the fans don't view 2018 as some "disaster" or Chris Johnson as some ignoramus. 

Macagnan got Darnold.  Johnson got Gase/Williams.  Jets fans should be thrilled right now because we win, we win the race to be the one AFC East team that's ready to pounce once Belichick and Brady show cracks in the armor.  2019 is that year.  The next decade is ours.  Get onboard.

SAR I

5 minutes ago, nico002 said:

SAR, you realize that 99% of Jet fans never go to MetLife- right? Using stadium demographics to reptrsttgr fan base is silly. 

The ones who pay the bills go to MetLife Stadium and they're the ones who the media and advertisers should be catering to. 

All this blue collar/white collar stuff is about to go out the window anyway.  All those who used PSL's and the 2011 collapse to bail on the team are all going to be begging to get back in now.  We're going to be selling out our stadium again, going to be a legitimate NFL team again.  Get onboard.  It's going to be an awesome ride.

SAR I

9 minutes ago, SAR I said:

0ap3000001009716.jpg

11594029.jpg

Adam Gase has the bravado of Rex Ryan and the intelligence of Peyton Manning.  Throw Mad Dog Gregg in there whipping the lazy stoned defense into shape and I'm in heaven, I'm literally getting an erection as I type this.  If my wife didn't take care of me this morning I'd sneak upstairs to the master bathroom and whack myself to a photo of those two sexy MF'ers right now.

SAR I

Haahhahaha. So glad you're  back ! 

Just now, SAR I said:

"Cultural connection to the Jets" is a very expensive state-of-the-art training facility and a very expensive state-of-the-art stadium in the NFL's most expensive and trendy city.

"Blue collar" we aren't.  That's how they packaged the team and sold us in 1975.  That's not how it is today.  Perhaps in the $5 StubHub seats Upper Deck, but not paying customers in the Mezzanine and Lower Levels.

SAR I

You are modeling the typical Jets fan of today self-referentially on yourself.

A big no-no in modeling with accuracy.

The problem with your analysis is the fact that your are using a (self-referential) minority of the fanbase and projecting it onto the whole while minimizing those whom you call “blue collar".

The fact that the people you keep (self-referentially) talking about are the “Stadium People”, have PSL’s and are invested financially in the team doesn’t make them typical; the fact that “blue collar” folks don’t make it into the stadium anymore is also true.

But the dichotomy you are using “wealthy/stable career/strong family/Stadium People” vs “blue collar drunks” is a false dichotomy. 

The former - “wealthy/stable career/strong family/Stadium People” - is a part, not the whole, and not even a majority part. It therefore isn’t an accurate persona to use. 

The latter - “blue collar drunks” is also an inaccurate persona, probably even less accurate than the former because a smaller part of the whole. Although as you correctly point out Bengno still trades on the lingering fumes of this persona.

The reality which is a larger perspective includes a lot of younger people (without families), who are not “long suffering Jets drunks from Queens” but college educated (or not), grew up in middle class suburbs, and are just into, or mid-into careers. They probably drink quite a bit, and also puff ,which incidentally you can’t do at the stadium.

They don’t go to the Stadium because why would they anyway? The whole Stadium experience  is a relic of the 80’s and 90’s to them.

They have 80” TVs and sound systems, and drink 5 or 6 craft beers from Oregon for the price of one beer at MetLife.  

The entire understanding of how to experience football to the gross majority of Americans is different to the way you characterize the football experience, and who the people are that make up the fans of Jets — or likely any other team.

18 minutes ago, SAR I said:

There is no way that any rational Jets fan relates to Beningo anymore.  We hit on the Darnold pick.  That changed everything.  If we didn't take a QB last year, different story, but we did and the fans don't view 2018 as some "disaster" or Chris Johnson as some ignoramus. 

Macagnan got Darnold.  Johnson got Gase/Williams.  Jets fans should be thrilled right now because we win, we win the race to be the one AFC East team that's ready to pounce once Belichick and Brady show cracks in the armor.  2019 is that year.  The next decade is ours.  Get onboard.

SAR I

I am happy to hear how positive you are.  I am certainly very bullish on Darnold.  While the QB is the most important thing a franchise can have you need to have a well run organization. 

The past few months have proven, VERY clearly, that the Jets are as dysfunctional as ever.   

They backed into Darnold, so we got lucky for once - but then you keep Mac and hire an in-division failure.

Joe was excited and loves Darnold - he's not just hating on the Jets for the sake of hating - CJ had a chance to get this right two years in a row but chose to hand more power over to Mac instead of bringing in a qualified HC. 

36 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Hey, if you're a blue collar drunken outlier, I wasn't referring to you.  I was referring to the 95% of the rest of us at MetLife who have great careers and strong families and don't need to use a stadium as a sports bar to get wasted and escape life.

SAR I

Actually I'm a dealer from The Lower East Side and I got cash Homes. It's fans like us that make that place rock now

8 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

SAR good to see you here!

You're one of my faves CB, so I'll tell you the following:

1.  My ban was over-reactive and unfair.

2.  The negativity on JN was toxic this season so I didn't miss anything.

3.  I believe that Gase changes everything.

4.  So I'm back hoping that the narrative about the Jets gets positive again-  because it should be.  Chris Johnson is doing a good job.

Hope you are well.

SAR I

1 hour ago, sackdance said:

You are wrong all over the place. 

For starters, from what we're starting to learn the possibility of McCarthy not being the Jets HC was ultimately doomed when the Jets chose to shed Bowles and keep Maccag. And the wisdom of that decision is 100% a different conversation.

The Jets did not need Mehta's reporting for cover to do anything. 

And Gase is a young guy, not perfect, but has  valuable HC experience. 

100% I was looking for a McCarthy hire w/ no real interest in Gase. But the Jets went forward with Gase. So be it. Jet fans have far more reasons to see the glass as half-full than half-empty right now. The ones choosing to see it half-empty are making fools of themselves.

And predictably, the Gregg Williams hire will provide some cover for Gase snipers (Joe B.) to sneak back into the fold leaving those who drank the anti-Gase kool aid (you) with a deflated football in your hand foolishly insisting that the Jets have imploded.

I'm so tired to be it anymore.  I'm in my 40's and seen all these boneheaded moves over the years.  I should had walk away for good when we drafted two TE in the first round within 3 years and in the process passing on the great Warren Sapp.  But I was born to be a Jets fan.  I was so against Bowles and started a few threads critical of him and got a lot of flak from Jets fan who jump on the Bowles bandwagon as soon as he was in the hunt for the HC job.  Maybe this horrible move made by these dummies is so crazy that might actually work.  I want nothing more than to be wrong and see my beloved Jets at least being competitive.  Some of us just need some time to digest this move. 

52 minutes ago, SAR I said:

+1

SAR I

They probably blacklisted and any media member will need to go thru Mehta first to get access to Gase.

1 hour ago, DRJETS said:

The fact that Manning supposedly sealed the deal with Gase as CJ was acting as a freaking groupie is a slap in the face to all Jets fan.  A lot of fan here do not know but he screwed us big time in 95.

Absolutely nothing in anyones reporting says this.

He screwed no one in 95, your history is wrong too.

32 minutes ago, SAR I said:

You're one of my faves CB, so I'll tell you the following:

1.  My ban was over-reactive and unfair.

2.  The negativity on JN was toxic this season so I didn't miss anything.

3.  I believe that Gase changes everything.

4.  So I'm back hoping that the narrative about the Jets gets positive again-  because it should be.  Chris Johnson is doing a good job.

Hope you are well.

SAR I

So you believe that Gase will be a good hire?

I'm glad to hear you say that.  I was initially down on the pick but I'm sane again so I can see why they got Gase

5 hours ago, sackdance said:

And that's where they totally lost me. They played the part of betrayed fans, but came across as complete buffoons. 

We weren't hoodwinked by the Jets. We weren't sold a false bill of goods as fans. The team fired Bowles and chose to go in the direction we're going. That's it. And that's a good thing. Period.  

I just had the FAN on this morning - didn't know Evan would be on Saturday morning - and he was still at it, while he toned down his rhetoric he's building the case to reserve the right to slam the Jets for not winning 9-10 games next year while claiming he's a "fan" and wants to see Gase do well. Whatever.

Gase just got a big job with our team. How about just letting him get started? 

As you said, he is a little "toned down" when he is by himself and isnt playing off Joe's whining, ranting and bitching. I heard him today saying how he had moved towards acceptance, etc. I think come Monday he will be back to playing off Joe's, "Jets are cursed they'll be cleaning house next year" crap. 

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

They backed into Darnold, so we got lucky for once - but then you keep Mac and hire an in-division failure.

Why am I not surprised here that you conveniently forget that the Jets traded up to #3, thereby putting themselves in a position to get lucky?

"Luck is the residue of design." - Branch Rickey 

4 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Yup. Don't wanna subject myself to it. Finally stopped listening over five years ago when things got ugly with Rex. Francesa was the last guy I listened to at that point. It's gotta be worse now.

I limit myself to all sports media to the bare minimum to get news, and will check out a select few to get their take.  As far as I'm concerned it's all a cacophony of nonsense and BS for attention.

I kept WFAN on the radio this week only because I was so eager for any new on the head coaching search. But man it is horrible. The same 4-5 dumb f*cks calling in to come up with unrealistic hypothetical trade situations, and b.s. theories. 

Then comes Beningo going full on stereotypical dumb mamaluke from "Nu Yawk." That sh!t is unbearable.

Why am I not surprised here that you conveniently forget that the Jets traded up to #3, thereby putting themselves in a position to get lucky?
 "Luck is the residue of design." - Branch Rickey 

The in division failure beat the Patriots 3 times. Went to the playoffs in his first year with a qb worse than Fitz.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

4 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

I kept WFAN on the radio this week only because I was so eager for any new on the head coaching search. But man it is horrible. The same 4-5 dumb f*cks calling in to come up with unrealistic hypothetical trade situations, and b.s. theories. 

Then comes Beningo going full on stereotypical dumb mamaluke from "Nu Yawk." That sh!t is unbearable.

Lol.

Archived