Fantasy talk: The path is being set for the Jets to dethrone the Pats.

yvj

A tale reminiscent of the classic story Frankenstein. The Jets create the monster and the Jets must slay the beast to end it's reign of terror. It has the potential to be one of the greatest 30 for 30  documentaries ever.  Despite it's low probability of happening how would  you want  (your dream scenario) this fairy tale to play out?

It is already too late to beat the patriots the way most of us would like. Brady and gronk are old and past their prime. A 13 point performance in the superbowl with no passing touchdowns is not the greatest qb of all time showing how great and youthful he is. When and if a team in our division does dethrone the pats it will be a because they degraded and not because the other teams got better (at least that argument will always be there)

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

Just now, bealeb319 said:

It is already too late to beat the patriots the way most of us would like. Brady and gronk are old and past their prime. A 13 point performance in the superbowl with no passing touchdowns is not the greatest qb of all time showing how great and youthful he is. When and if a team in our division does dethrone the pats it will be a because they degraded and not because the other teams got better (at least that argument will always be there)

Disagree.

Pats have been to 3 straight Super Bowls. And Brady just won his 6th in 9 tries. They are the champs. 

Someone has to beat them. Why not us and Sam Darnold!

30 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

that's not entirely fair.  wade philips' defense had something to do with it.  at least his rams defense pretty much knew what they were doing.

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

Not a crazy fantasy.  If Gase and Mac can manage the offseason effectively the jets should be a wildcard team next season

Absolutely.

They were really an 8 win team this year...because and only because of Darnold.

Thats why I say with Gase just being a middle of the pack and Darnold getting even better, Maccagnan adding his average of 1 serviceable player per year, they can bump it to 10 wins and and a wildcard berth, which I fully expect.

One of the best things about next season will be hearing the Media make all kinds of excuses for Bowles as Gase’s team (really Darnold’s) thrives.

1 hour ago, bealeb319 said:

Was it the greatest defense of all time? Cause Brady is supposed to be the goat and as good as the rams defense played Brady looked rusty out there.

If the Pats had the greatest offense of all time this might be relevant.  But it doesnt take the greatest defense of all time to make the GOAT struggle if the rest of the team is shut down.  Doesnt take away from him being the GOAT

2 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Not a crazy fantasy.  If Gase and Mac can manage the offseason effectively the jets should be a wildcard team next season

Agreed! Let’s not get ahead of ourselves. From what I saw from the Pats this off-season they will remain a force because their coaching is simply the best and their continuity. Same go to guys year after year. Basically same system and same head coach year after year. Same QB year after year. A team just can’t come out of nowhere and beat 15 years of continuity by the best. Maybe for 1 game but not over 16 games. I’d be happy with a wild card and 10 wins. 

11 hours ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Absolutely.

They were really an 8 win team this year...because and only because of Darnold.

Thats why I say with Gase just being a middle of the pack and Darnold getting even better, Maccagnan adding his average of 1 serviceable player per year, they can bump it to 10 wins and and a wildcard berth, which I fully expect.

One of the best things about next season will be hearing the Media make all kinds of excuses for Bowles as Gase’s team (really Darnold’s) thrives.

$100 mil in cap space,  top draft pick, dolphins are in tank mode, bills shouldn’t be too tough, we have a qb now

If we don’t at least go 9-7 thats a royal screwup

27 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

They have 6 picks in the first 3 rounds.  Have a coach in place for when belly retires and will draft a qb who can run the system in this draft.

This pats team is going nowhere.

But if the jets step up they have a shot

10 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

They have 6 picks in the first 3 rounds.  Have a coach in place for when belly retires and will draft a qb who can run the system in this draft.

This pats team is going nowhere.

Remember this. The copy is never as good or as valuable as the original.  If/when Cindy and Belicheat retire this team may very well be going " nowhere".

12 hours ago, Philc1 said:

$100 mil in cap space,  top draft pick, dolphins are in tank mode, bills shouldn’t be too tough, we have a qb now

If we don’t at least go 9-7 thats a royal screwup

Cap space is our worse team mate over the past decade.  Dude sucks in all phases.

On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 8:31 PM, SiupeliMalamala said:

Darnold/Gase win 7 Super Bowls topping Brady/Belichick and becoming known as the greatest qb/coach combo ever!

:funny_post:  We're a 4 win team with fans constantly saying "the pig is ripe", or "we created the Patriot dynasty, we'll be the ones to kill it". Such hubris, LOL. How about we get to .500 before we worry about toppling a team that's been to 3 straight Super Bowls?

I'll give you credit though, you dream big dreams!

Archived