Everything Has to be Built Around Jamal Adams (vid)

GREENBEAN

Like all great franchises throughout history, the Jets should definitely build around a sturdy, unathletic strong safety. Belichick would be undone.

The “analyst” who said the Jets need to build around Jamal Adams was Andrew Siciliano, who is not an analyst. The other people featured said, essentially, “Jamal Adams likes football and that’s good.”

50 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Like all great franchises throughout history, the Jets should definitely build around a sturdy, unathletic strong safety. Belichick would be undone.

The “analyst” who said the Jets need to build around Jamal Adams was Andrew Siciliano, who is not an analyst. The other people featured said, essentially, “Jamal Adams likes football and that’s good.”

Actually Woodson said the exact thing that bothers Jets fans about Adams is exactly what it needed to elevate the team to a higher level. That the way Adams plays Is contagious. 

It will be fun this year to see how you and the Anti Adams squad navigate through Adams having a strong campaign with a real Defensive mind. I look forward to it. 

7 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Actually Woodson said the exact thing that bothers Jets fans about Adams is exactly what it needed to elevate the team to a higher level. That the way Adams plays Is contagious. 

It will be fun this year to see how you and the Anti Adams squad navigate through Adams having a strong campaign with a real Defensive mind. I look forward to it. 

Yup, once again Tomshane does not disappoint and comes in pouting about the Jets taking a safety with a top 10 draft pick. It could be R.Lott and he's still on here calling him unathletic and nothing but a strong safety. lol.

The fact is Adams is probably the best player on the team right now, plays with heart and passion, has stayed healthy and constantly contributes in multiple ways on the field. This vid is nothing but a Jets promo for one of their players, I get that. But Adams has already shown he is a legit defensive star and a long term, integral part of the defense. The fact that anyone is saying that the defense should be built around him just shows how important he is to the D and how versatile he is. When these guys are saying that watching the Jets play defense you can't help but pay attention to Adams it shows that he is ALL OVER THE FIELD and impacts the game in a variety of ways. 

52 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

That the way Adams plays Is contagious. 

They’re 9-23 since he stepped foot in the building and they’ve finished in last place both years. LSU never finished higher than third in their own conference when he was there. He’s never won anything, anywhere. If he’s “contagious,” then we’re doomed.

36 minutes ago, PepPep said:

Yup, once again Tomshane does not disappoint and comes in pouting about the Jets taking a safety with a top 10 draft pick. It could be R.Lott and he's still on here calling him unathletic and nothing but a strong safety. lol.

The fact is Adams is probably the best player on the team right now, plays with heart and passion, has stayed healthy and constantly contributes in multiple ways on the field. This vid is nothing but a Jets promo for one of their players, I get that. But Adams has already shown he is a legit defensive star and a long term, integral part of the defense. The fact that anyone is saying that the defense should be built around him just shows how important he is to the D and how versatile he is. When these guys are saying that watching the Jets play defense you can't help but pay attention to Adams it shows that he is ALL OVER THE FIELD and impacts the game in a variety of ways. 

He's consistent for a one trick pony.

13 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

They’re 9-23 since he stepped foot in the building and have finished in last place both years. LSU never finished higher than third in their own conference when he was there. He’s never won anything, anywhere. If he’s “contagious,” then we’re doomed.

:rolleyes:

"Twittering" aside, I cannot understand why anyone who has observed this player on the field, in training camp or in "the locker room", can have a negative thing to say about him.  Unathletic?  That one is mind boggling.  How "unathletic", then, are the players who's bodies lie strewn all over the field, as a result of his hits? Wow.

not generating turnovers and not making big plays in our defensive red zone..  great

Not having guys in correct position to make plays was a mJor problem with Bowles regime.
Trumaine is a great example of that.
look for a lot of improvement in that area.

That says, Adams needs to learn how to catch already. lol. He even dropped a pick in the pro bowl!

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

not generating turnovers and not making big plays in our defensive red zone..  great

Not having guys in correct position to make plays was a mJor problem with Bowles regime.

That says, Adams needs to learn how to catch already. lol. He even dropped a pick in the pro bowl!

That said, Adams needs to learn how to catch already. lol. He even dropped a pick in the pro bowl!

They’re 9-23 since he stepped foot in the building and they’ve finished in last place both years. LSU never finished higher than third in their own conference when he was there. He’s never won anything, anywhere. If he’s “contagious,” then we’re doomed.

lol.

Chad Pennington won a championship at every level he was at prior to the jets.
...and ?

22 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Chad Pennington won a championship at every level he was at prior to the jets.

Huh. Weird that a mediocre quarterback could impact wins and losses in a way that an all pro super safety can’t, I guess. I’ll contemplate this over a snifter of brandy

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

I’d like to say that I agree with the OP in that we should build around Jamal Adams. Perhaps by drafting a free safety with another high pick? Or maybe signing a press man corner to a lucrative free agent deal. Then, thennnnnnnnn, watch out

Macc couldn’t surround himself with hookers at a Bob Kraft beach party. This discussion is pointless.

5 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I find your constant criticisms (shall we call them?) to be rather silly. I've debated you in the past about various issues and I find you to be quite reasonable in expectations of players. 

Jamal Adams, however, is becoming an all world player. Anyone with any sort of eye for building a championship caliber defense can well see he's the very kind of building block player you build around.

Yet, like some sort of kid who's arguing about about WWE wrestling being real, you argue that Jamal Adams is somehow overrated? 

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Huh. Weird that a mediocre quarterback could impact wins and losses in a way that an all pro super safety can’t, I guess. I’ll contemplate this over a snifter of brandy

Ha! Nice.  Snifter it up. When you're halfway through your third you may see the point.  One of those... "Oh, wait a second" moments. 

4 hours ago, Larz said:

He's obviously the best player on the defense but I think he's the guy that covers your weaknesses and makes the calls but I wouldn't build around him per se 

Semantics I think.  I hear ya though. I think it's more about his energy and passion for the game. If we had 11 guys who felt like he did about the game itself, we would be fine. Assuming they weren't just a bunch of message board fatties of course.  :) 

6 hours ago, T0mShane said:

T0m I'm afraid that your in for a very painful 3 years..

IMO Adams is a very good S..............but he's a S.  

Also IMO. Adams has done a world class job in marketing , and selling his Brand in the marketing center of the universe.  Kudos to him.

Adams has been double blessed with a gift from up high called........................Greg Williams.

Adams was hand cast for Williams.  He is everything Williams could want in a defensive leader.  I mean c'mon, Adams body slammed the Pats mascot in the "Welcome" area at the Pro Bowl.  LOL

Williams probably sticked up his shorts when he saw that video. Adams is going to become a legitimate star in Williams D

40 minutes ago, flgreen said:

T0m I'm afraid that your in for a very painful 3 years..

IMO Adams is a very good S..............but he's a S.  

Also IMO. Adams has done a world class job in marketing , and selling his Brand in the marketing center of the universe.  Kudos to him.

Adams has been double blessed with a gift from up high called........................Greg Williams.

Adams was hand cast for Williams.  He is everything Williams could want in a defensive leader.  I mean c'mon, Adams body slammed the Pats mascot in the "Welcome" area at the Pro Bowl.  LOL

Williams probably sticked up his shorts when he saw that video. Adams is going to become a legitimate star in Williams D

I’ve already got this mapped out, Al. I just need to make it through the next 18 months until Adams holds out for CB1 money and all these poof cheerleaders are gonna turn on him like doorknobs.

As for Greg Williams, he’s already coached Jamal Adams last year, but his name was Jabrill Peppers then

53 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

I find your constant criticisms (shall we call them?) to be rather silly. I've debated you in the past about various issues and I find you to be quite reasonable in expectations of players. 

Jamal Adams, however, is becoming an all world player. Anyone with any sort of eye for building a championship caliber defense can well see he's the very kind of building block player you build around.

Yet, like some sort of kid who's arguing about about WWE wrestling being real, you argue that Jamal Adams is somehow overrated? 

Why do people say Adams is “becoming” anything? He is what he is. He tackles running backs. The only difference between his 2017 and 2018 season was that he avoided getting TKOed by an Alex Smith stiffarm last year.

Archived