NFL Free Agent Updates

nycdan

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even after the Jets’ trade for Kelechi Osemele, they remain interested in improving their offensive line. Armed with the second-most cap space in the NFL, the Jets were expected to pursue multiple starters up front. Center appears to be a priority.

The Jets are interested in this year’s top center UFAs-to-be, with Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News reporting the team has Matt Paradis and Mitch Morse on its radar.

5 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Wouldn't have minded Amendola. but we're after bigger. younger fish

I rather get one of the younger guys and front load the contract. So we can resign Robbie next year. I also like the kid from Umass if we can get back into the 2nd round. 

6 minutes ago, LinemanCT said:

I rather get one of the younger guys and front load the contract. So we can resign Robbie next year. I also like the kid from Umass if we can get back into the 2nd round. 

Beasley's interesting. Had a rebound year last year and he was receiving from Dak Prescott who isn't exacty the greatest of throwers

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

So is Robby Anderson. LOt of lower college WRs can be put in places to succeed. AVOID METCALF

It’s good business to pay former UDFA’s $9-$10 million per year in free agency and avoid drafting supremely talented skill players in the first round. 

11 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

my6guJBQ_bigger.jpg

·
1m

The #Jets will certainly be in the market for a pass catcher when legal tampering period begins today, and free agency eventually opens. Two of the names I keep hearing are Adam Humphries & Cole Beasley.

I'd like Humphries, Amendola/Edelman/Welker type of guy and you'd be paying for his prime, not past performance. Jets just need to stay away from Amendola, guy has moderate success in NE and has been injury prone his entire career and is now washed up 

EDIT: Just scrolled up and saw the Detroit stuff, Thank God.

Archived