NFL Free Agent Updates

nycdan

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, jayrad01 said:

@BrandonPerna: Le'Veon Bell is reaching an agreement to be a New York Jet in 2019, a Baltimore Raven in 2020, and an Oakland Raider in 2021, and will sit out wherever he is in 2022 per source #NFLFreeAgency2019

I'd rather have him in 2020 than 2019.  

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

good signing for Bills. Again, chronic health issues.

I am not a big John Brown fan, but he makes sense where the QB has a big arm.  Accuracy is less of a problem heaving bombs to guys behind the safety.  WR has time to adjust.  He was apparently doing fairly well before Flacco went down.  I'd have expected them to like these types with Jackson too, (run away from people during broken plays?) but that didn't work out.

2 hours ago, mrcoops said:

Aim for a 3rd, settle for a 4th.  Any less than that, just keep him for depth.

Doubt they'll get even that much. People forget that the substance abuse problem is probably why the Jets have finally given up on him. Can't see a team giving up any more than a sixth or seventh rounder, if anything at all, for a ticking time bomb.

10 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

Doubt they'll get even that much. People forget that the substance abuse problem is probably why the Jets have finally given up on him. Can't see a team giving up any more than a sixth or seventh rounder, if anything at all, for a ticking time bomb.

If we are only being offered a 6th or 7th, I'd just keep him for depth for the year. He can leave as a FA in 2020.

1 minute ago, heymangold said:

What about Ansah? 

Ezekiel Ansah is visiting the Bills and Saints. - Ian Rapoport, NFL Network

Perhaps Ansah should visit teams that need edge rushers instead. Neither team has much use for Ansah outside of rotational/depth purposes. Perhaps that's what Ansah has to settle for, given his dubious injury history.

Just now, Shelbyblue said:

Nobody wants to come to the NYJ. Paradis, Saffold, Barr, Bell will pick the Ravens and why not they always contend. Boat load of cash and only one overpaid LB. 

Paradis’ Agents made it seem like the jets weren’t interested with that “2 to tango” tweet.

never went after saffold

we’ll see about bell. Ravens just agreed with Ingram so maybe not.

The only one to leave is Barr.  He didn’t sign anything, he stayed with the team he was drafted by. I didn’t even think about Barr to the jets, so while he is a good player that didn’t sign, I’m not that upset about it.0

Archived