Jump to content

NFL Free Agent Updates


nycdan
 Share

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, PepPep said:

Do we mention that D.Lawrence got an offer from the Cowboys?

Lawrence should be a big target for the Jets if he hits FA. He has yet to accept the offer but the fact that the Cowboys are making him a priority should be noted. 

Cowboys have ~50M in cap space and if they FT Lawrence a 2nd year in a row its going to be at least 20M against the cap. I read in one article they may Transition tag him, but then other teams like our Jets probably can offer a contract difficult for the Cowboys to match. One might think the same scenario could occur similiarly for Clowney. Since both of those teams have QB they are going to pay pretty big money now or soon and have big names on their teams eating up a lot of space, maybe we get fortunate and can get one of these guys who are probably the best 2 FA pass rushers in this years FA crop. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

ADAM HUMPHRIES WR, TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS

 

DOB (Age): 6/24/1993 (25)
HT/WT: 5' 11" / 195 lbs.
College: Clemson
Drafted: N/A
 

According Terez Paylor of Yahoo Sports, top slot receivers Adam Humphries and Golden Tate could command between $10-14 million annually in free agency.

Despite modest career totals—last year's 76-816-5 receiving line was easily his best performance—Humphries looks poised for a major payday as the beneficiary of an uncharacteristically weak receiver class. It's hard to see the Bucs dishing out that kind of coin for Humphries, especially with Mike Evans and Chris Godwin at their disposal. Whether he deserves that kind of loot or not, the 25-year-old Clemson product can safely expect $10 million annually on his next contract.

March 1, 2019 at 4:47:00 PM EST
 
 
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ravens waived RB Alex Collins.

Collins gets the boot just nine hours after being arrested for his involvement in a car crash Friday morning. Details regarding his arrest are still scarce, though whatever he did was obviously enough for the Ravens to wash their hands of him. Collins broke out for a team-high 973 rushing yards in 2017 but collapsed last year while losing his starting gig to undrafted rookie Gus Edwards. With Collins out of the equation, Baltimore is sure to address its backfield either in the draft or free agency. Perhaps the Ravens will be one of the teams in pursuit of Le'Veon Bell.

RELATED: 
March 1, 2019 at 3:59:00 PM EST
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Free agent Phillip Dorsett plans to test the open market.

Dorsett had some productive games for the Patriots this last season, enjoying a sort-of breakout in his contract year, but Dorsett was invisible in the Super Bowl win and is very much replaceable. The Patriots want him back but likely won't be offering top dollar. Dorsett just turned 26 in January and still has some untapped potential.

March 1, 2019 at 10:08:00 AM EST
 
 
Gase's new Slot WR?
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Athletic's Jay Glazer confirms the Chiefs are "trying to trade Justin Houston."

He joins CBS' Jason La Canfora and NFL Network's Ian Rapoport in reporting as such. 30-year-old Houston is due huge money over the next two years, and the Chiefs have younger pass-rushing talent. A deal would be a godsend, but Houston's release remains the most likely outcome.

SOURCE: The Athletic
February 28, 2019 at 7:19:00 PM EST
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

Ravens waived RB Alex Collins.

Collins gets the boot just nine hours after being arrested for his involvement in a car crash Friday morning. Details regarding his arrest are still scarce, though whatever he did was obviously enough for the Ravens to wash their hands of him. Collins broke out for a team-high 973 rushing yards in 2017 but collapsed last year while losing his starting gig to undrafted rookie Gus Edwards. With Collins out of the equation, Baltimore is sure to address its backfield either in the draft or free agency. Perhaps the Ravens will be one of the teams in pursuit of Le'Veon Bell.

RELATED: 
March 1, 2019 at 3:59:00 PM EST

Posted this at 11am in the Bell thread. 

Le'Veon Bell Rumors: Ravens Generating Buzz as Possible Favorite to Sign RB

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, PepPep said:

Do we mention that D.Lawrence got an offer from the Cowboys?

Lawrence should be a big target for the Jets if he hits FA. He has yet to accept the offer but the fact that the Cowboys are making him a priority should be noted. 

They HAVE to. They already lost Gregory and Irwin for next year.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

the ravens have 18 million in cap space. not hard to outbid them

They had $20 mil and now sit at $31 after the Flacco trade but more importantly have $26 mil more in spending money after that trade. Bells cap hit most likely will be around $5-8 mil first year therefore fitting him in the cap wouldn't be a huge issue. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

Always a way to make room if you want someone bad enough. I hope they do sign him I think he would be a major waste of money for the jets right now. Simply too many other slots need to be filled

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app
 

i never said they couldnt sign him i said we should be able to outbid them

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

They had $20 mil and now sit at $31 after the Flacco trade but more importantly have $26 mil more in spending money after that trade. Bells cap hit most likely will be around $5-8 mil first year therefore fitting him in the cap wouldn't be a huge issue. 

i didnt say they couldnt fit him in i said we should be able to outbid them if we really want him

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Draft insider Tony Pauline reports the Jets "will target second-tier running backs" in free agency and are showing "little interest" in Le'Veon Bell.

    The Jets have a boatload of cap space and cash to spend with Sam Darnold on a rookie contract and few big-money deals on the books, but just spending to spend when it comes to a replaceable position like running back may not be in the cards for GM Mike Maccagnan. Lower-tier free agent backs like Tevin Coleman and Mark Ingram appear to be more in the Jets' range while looking to use the cap space on pass rush help, which has been a dire need for the Jets for years.

    RELATED: 
    Mar 3, 2019, 5:09 PM
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • D. Orlando Ledbetter of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports the Falcons are "not close" to reaching a new deal with free agent DT Grady Jarrett.

    Coach Dan Quinn said the franchise tag, which would net Jarrett about $15.2 million, is "definitely on the table." GM Thomas Dimitroff remains "confident" that a deal will be reached, though with the franchise tag deadline fast approaching, the two sides have a lot of ground to make up and not much time to do it. The Falcons don't have a ton of cap space to work with (only $22.3 million), though ultimately, it would be a surprise if they let Jarrett walk.

    Mar 3, 2019, 11:14 AM
  • Free agent DE Trey Flowers is recovering from minor shoulder surgery.

    According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, it was merely a "clean-up" procedure. While it's unfortunate timing for the free agent pass-rusher, the 25-year-old Arkansas alum should still draw plenty of interest on the open market. There's been talk of New England possibly assigning him the franchise tag, though we're guessing if the Pats do use the tag, they'll save it for kicker Stephen Gostkowski.

    Mar 3, 2019, 10:08 AM
  • According to Clarence Hill of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, the Cowboys are "not close" in contract talks with free agent DE DeMarcus Lawrence.

    Hill said barring an "unexpected miracle offer," the two sides won't be reaching a deal ahead of Tuesday's 4 PM ET deadline, making Lawrence a near-lock to receive the franchise tag for the second straight year. Lawrence reportedly plans to hold out if he's tagged again. The 26-year-old Boise State product wreaked havoc to the tune of 10.5 sacks last season.

    Mar 3, 2019, 9:16 AM
  • Sympathy 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

With all the money the NY Jets have there is no way MM screws this up. 

I hope that's sarcastic bc if he passes up skill players on offense to bring in defensive help he will set this team back years. He's such a ******* piece of sh*t. I hate him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, choon328 said:

I hope that's sarcastic bc if he passes up skill players on offense to bring in defensive help he will set this team back years. He's such a ******* piece of sh*t. I hate him.

I agree i'm just saying hard pressed to mess up and not improve this team with all the $$$$ we have, 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:
  • Draft insider Tony Pauline reports the Jets "will target second-tier running backs" in free agency and are showing "little interest" in Le'Veon Bell.

    The Jets have a boatload of cap space and cash to spend with Sam Darnold on a rookie contract and few big-money deals on the books, but just spending to spend when it comes to a replaceable position like running back may not be in the cards for GM Mike Maccagnan. Lower-tier free agent backs like Tevin Coleman and Mark Ingram appear to be more in the Jets' range while looking to use the cap space on pass rush help, which has been a dire need for the Jets for years.

    RELATED: 
    Mar 3, 2019, 5:09 PM

🤗🤗

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Messing up would be spending the money on defense and ignoring offense once again.

get ready because a good chunk of change will be spent on defense.  Defense and CB is going to be a priority in FA for this team.  They will aslo really go after a lot of OL. its going to be an even split man, this team has a ton of needs on both sides of the ball, on top of only having i believe like 33 players on the roster total.  Theres going to be a good chunk of players acquired for both sides of the ball. 

 

They also want to draft a lot of their offensive skill positions in order to have them grow with Sam so dont be surprised if they dont shell out the huge contracts for WRs. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

get ready because a good chunk of change will be spent on defense.  Defense and CB is going to be a priority in FA for this team.  They will aslo really go after a lot of OL. its going to be an even split man, this team has a ton of needs on both sides of the ball, on top of only having i believe like 33 players on the roster total.  Theres going to be a good chunk of players acquired for both sides of the ball. 

 

They also want to draft a lot of their offensive skill positions in order to have them grow with Sam so dont be surprised if they dont shell out the huge contracts for WRs. 

You don't need a high quality defense to win 10-12 games in this league if you have a top 10 offense. The entire league is moving to be offensive centric except the pathetic ******* Jets who for some reason have a hard on to build a #1 defense every year. Even though it's gotten them very little by doing so. Enunwa is made of glass and Anderson is a JAG they'll overpay to keep. It's going to be season great winning 7 games next year with no development from Darnold. But they'll have shiny loud mouth objects on defense so that's all that matters.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, choon328 said:

If they're not going to sign Bell then I'd rather them sign a guy like Spencer Ware for less money then Coleman would require. Then draft someone in the 3rd/4th round as well. 

Coleman is plan C I prefer Bell we need big time superstar players on offense

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/1/2019 at 6:25 PM, LAD_Brooklyn said:

They had $20 mil and now sit at $31 after the Flacco trade but more importantly have $26 mil more in spending money after that trade. Bells cap hit most likely will be around $5-8 mil first year therefore fitting him in the cap wouldn't be a huge issue. 

Jeez. Bell and Jackson would be unreal in an offense tailored around Jackson's skill set.

Steelers could be looking up at Mayfield and Jackson for a long time if this happens, and you just know Bell would love seeing it happen.

This would be a doomsday scenario for the Jets. We'd be eons behind NE, KC, SD, Indy, Cle, and Balt for years in the AFC.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, choon328 said:

You don't need a high quality defense to win 10-12 games in this league if you have a top 10 offense. The entire league is moving to be offensive centric except the pathetic ******* Jets who for some reason have a hard on to build a #1 defense every year. Even though it's gotten them very little by doing so. Enunwa is made of glass and Anderson is a JAG they'll overpay to keep. It's going to be season great winning 7 games next year with no development from Darnold. But they'll have shiny loud mouth objects on defense so that's all that matters.

theres just not insane talent on the FA market offensively. Bell wants 50 mil, its not happening here, its just not worth paying an RB that kind of money. We can add some WR's but who are we adding? humphry? sure he's a nice player, is that taking this offense over the top? but now theres rumors saying he may get in the 10-15 mil a year range.  They have to go in on the offensive line.  

They walk away with Saffold, paradis or morse, and now youre helping this offense a lot more. maybe add another TE, and some guys that fit the offensive system and that helps the base. 

difference of opinions, the rebuild on offense doesnt start with giving bell 50 million dollars, or trading assets for a disgruntled brown, just because they jets have money doesnt mean they should be reckless. 

  • Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, choon328 said:

You don't need a high quality defense to win 10-12 games in this league if you have a top 10 offense. The entire league is moving to be offensive centric except the pathetic ******* Jets who for some reason have a hard on to build a #1 defense every year. Even though it's gotten them very little by doing so. Enunwa is made of glass and Anderson is a JAG they'll overpay to keep. It's going to be season great winning 7 games next year with no development from Darnold. But they'll have shiny loud mouth objects on defense so that's all that matters.

The patriots just won a super bowl playing great defensively against an offensive powerhouse 

  • Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Philc1 said:

The patriots just won a super bowl playing great defensively against an offensive powerhouse 

They were average at best on defense all year. They put themselves in the Super Bowl bc of their offense. Or are we ignoring the 31 points they gave up in the AFC Championship game?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...