Jets are “big suitors” for Adam Humphries

Rhg1084

Just now, Pcola said:

Ok so taking the pulse of the board, do we feel ok with giving Humphries $10M but not ok with giving Bell $15M?

Who is going to have a bigger impact on Darnold?  Who is easier to replace via a draft pick?  Why is Humphries such a high priority?

I'm a yes to both. Humphries was not utilised as much due to the glut of WR in Tampa. He's solid and would be great here.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

We didn't trade James Farrior.  We let him walk.  One of the casualties Parcells left us.  They offered him $3M, he wanted $6M.  The Jets signed Cowart and let him walk.  They were $20M over the cap and had to beg the Texans to take Glenn, Coleman and Young for cap relief.  I think Curtis, Fabini and Mickens all got new deals that year.

Ok, but we let an impact player who had not come into his own leave. This could be same. Even though Lee isn't what we were hoping for at this point,  he took a step forward this past season.  He still is young and not in his prime. 

9 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Ok, but we let an impact player who had not come into his own leave. This could be same. Even though Lee isn't what we were hoping for at this point,  he took a step forward this past season.  He still is young and not in his prime. 

My post wasn't meant to bash your point, but to indicate my disdain for Parcells and the condition he left the franchise. I believe the term cap hell came from the crap deals he left us with, made worse by handshake deals with other "Parcells guys" like Bryan Cox. 

By the way, the Jets own Lee fairly cheaply for 2019, but if they want to keep him in 2020, the price will probably be around $10M.  I absolutely would not consider cutting him, but if a team offered a decent return I would consider moving him. 

6 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

My post wasn't meant to bash your point, but to indicate my disdain for Parcells and the condition he left the franchise. I believe the term cap hell came from the crap deals he left us with, made worse by handshake deals with other "Pacells guys" like Bryan Cox. 

I agree with that. Parcells destroyed the teams finances and then left. I wonder if the cowboys were in as bad shape after his stint there

3 hours ago, JiF said:

Meh, what #1 is available?  You got to get someone out there who is consistent and can move the chains for Darnold or at least supplement the run game and get to 3rd and manageable for the kid.  Something they couldn’t do last year.  I think Hump fits that bill from that perspectives.  However, if the 10 mil report is true though, I’d prefer Tate even at his age.  I’d also be good with Jamison Crowder for that same role. 

If Mac just listens to me, all will be well. 

3 minutes ago, Pcola said:

Looks like our new slot receiver is going to be Crowder.  Hope this isn’t our big signing.  

Two years in a row with $100M+ and we walk away with meh free agents.

I would like Crowder. I rate him as high as Humphries.  What is the cost? Sub $10M and okay.  Crowder is a big YAC guy and I think that is what Gase really pumps.  Does not bode well for Anderson, but if Gase is worth a nickel they will work around that.   They seemed to do okay with Stills. 

7 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Yessir. My thoughts exactly. Too much money to go small pond fishing. C.J. is immensely better than anyone on the market or on our team.

So can you now just admit Darron Lee sucks and was a terrible selection? Or do I have to wait until Lee is officially gone for you to fess up?

7 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

So can you now just admit Darron Lee sucks and was a terrible selection? Or do I have to wait until Lee is officially gone for you to fess up?

I never thought he was good, you goof. All I said was that wasn’t his weight and i’d be willing to give him at chance in a Gregg Williams 4-3 and that isn’t happening.

Archived