Jets are “big suitors” for Adam Humphries

Rhg1084

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Humphries is a very good player on the rise. $10M a year seems a little rich, but that's Free Agency for you.

Jets' alleged interest in Alexander is interesting. He's a natural 4-3 LB.

A replacement for Lee, or a sign that the Jets aren't as wedded to the 3-4 as they have claimed?

2 minutes ago, Jetmech said:

So this gets weird, they’re not keeping him when this is the type of player the Jets coveted when they drafted Lee, under Bowles?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It could be that the Bucs don’t feel like giving an ILB $12 million per and the Jets, well, lol

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

There is no interest, you read that tweet wrong. It said Bucs are bracing to lose Humphries and Alexander but only linked us to Humphries.

It says Alexander is being pursued by the Jets and the 49ers?

There is no interest, you read that tweet wrong. It said Bucs are bracing to lose Humphries and Alexander but only linked us to Humphries.

You're wrong, tweet clearly says that Alexander is being pursued by the 49ers and the Jets.

12 minutes ago, section314 said:

Is Alexander an edge guy? Not familiar.

He's been used sparingly as a pass rusher and done very well. Not very good at the rest. 

Can he be converted to a full time pass rusher? That is the question. 

Humphries is a "crafty" slot receiver. 

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Damn, it does. lol I’m the one that read it wrong. That’s what I get for just waking up...Alexander doesn’t really seem like that much of a priority signing nor’ should it.

Yeah - seems like an odd fit, if we are truly staying in a 3-4.

Damn, it does. lol I’m the one that read it wrong. That’s what I get for just waking up...Alexander doesn’t really seem like that much of a priority signing nor’ should it.

This is how I feel, and if you're going MLB CJ Mosely is an all pro, why are we pursuing this guy?

Just now, Jetmech said:

Stupid me for forgetting that point...

Or, the Jets have a lot of cap space and agents are going to spend the next week telling teams “give us at least this much or we’ll just sign with the Jets.”

Or, the Jets have a lot of cap space and agents are going to spend the next week telling teams “give us at least this much or we’ll just sign with the Jets.”

Good point, probably going to hear and read the Jets linked to many players due to their cap.

I just am starting to get the feeling I won't be happy with what we do. We'll sign some JAG OLB and C, resign Claiborne to another 1 year deal, miss out on Bell, and suprisingly sign a guy at a position that we're actually OK at like safety, Lamarcus Joyner most likely.

Just now, Sully80 said:

I just am starting to get the feeling I won't be happy with what we do. We'll sign some JAG OLB and C, resign Claiborne to another 1 year deal, miss out on Bell, and suprisingly sign a guy at a position that we're actually OK at like safety, Lamarcus Joyner most likely.

I would be okay with 4 of those 5 things. The Osemele trade filled one of my major requirements for this offseason

16 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

Humphries is a very good player on the rise. $10M a year seems a little rich, but that's Free Agency for you.

Jets' alleged interest in Alexander is interesting. He's a natural 4-3 LB.

A replacement for Lee, or a sign that the Jets aren't as wedded to the 3-4 as they have claimed?

It was never them being wedded, they were developing a hybrid system so that it can take advantage of the personnel in place, if they're able to get better straight 4-3 personnel we will see more base 4-3 looks than originally.  It all depends on LB acquisitions.  Williams needs a guy that can drop fast to the deep middle for his tampa 2 looks. 

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I would be okay with 4 of those 5 things. The Osemele trade filled one of my major requirements for this offseason

I love the Osemele trade but with the money we have we have to pounce. I'd be upset if we missed out on Bell, but obviously wouldn't break the offseason. Pivot and sign Coleman or Ingram. Re-signing Claiborne would be fine, Lamarcus Joyner would fine. Not signing a top OLB (Flowers or Houston) and not signing one of the top 2 centers (Morse or Paradis) would be a huge disappointment IMO.

2 minutes ago, Sully80 said:

I love the Osemele trade but with the money we have we have to pounce. I'd be upset if we missed out on Bell, but obviously wouldn't break the offseason. Pivot and sign Coleman or Ingram. Re-signing Claiborne would be fine, Lamarcus Joyner would fine. Not signing a top OLB (Flowers or Houston) and not signing one of the top 2 centers (Morse or Paradis) would be a huge disappointment IMO.

You’re probably right about the C. As for the OLB if we can pair a second tier OLB with a Josh Allen I think it can be great

Archived