Jets are “big suitors” for Adam Humphries

Rhg1084

11 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

Humphries is a very good player on the rise. $10M a year seems a little rich, but that's Free Agency for you.

Could be rich, but the jets just gave Quincy 8M a year (I think) and Humphries doesn't get hurt. 

He had about 80 receptions last year with Evans and Jackson. As stated above, he had a 10.7 YPC. But he didnt really go deep, with those 2 guys getting the deep balls.  A 10 YPC is fine with me on 3rd and 8s, 9s, and 10s. I think bringing him in at 10 a year would be a solid signing. 

Quincy, Anderson, Humphries. That's a pretty good young core to grow with Sam. 

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, kmnj said:

humph is a jag and not worth the money

he was tampa's wr 4/5

evans dj  oj goodwin

You apparently didn't watch any Bucs games this year. The 2nd half of the season he was getting targeted like he was their #2 and started out of the slot all season.

Now starting to believe that the 3-4 stuff was a bunch of bullcrap. Look at the names we've been associated with, apparently we loved Demarcus Lawrence and Frank Clark before they were franchised, both 4-3 ends. We're now interested in a 4-3 ILB, we've been linked to Ziggy Ansah, let Pennel and Mclendon walk. Actions speaking louder than words, only thing that makes no sense then is the Henry Anderson re-sign bid, maybe they think he'd thrive in Williams' 4-3 as a DT?

Just now, Sully80 said:

Now starting to believe that the 3-4 stuff was a bunch of bullcrap. Look at the names we've been associated with, apparently we loved Demarcus Lawrence and Frank Clark before they were franchised, both 4-3 ends. We're now interested in a 4-3 ILB, we've been linked to Ziggy Ansah, let Pennel and Mclendon walk. Actions speaking louder than words, only thing that makes no sense then is the Henry Anderson re-sign bid, maybe they think he'd thrive in Williams' 4-3 as a DT?

I don’t know if it was a bunch of crap or they are going to use multiple sets. Regardless I trust Gregg Williams.

3 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

You’re probably right about the C. As for the OLB if we can pair a second tier OLB with a Josh Allen I think it can be great

I hear you, if Allen is guaranteed there at 3 then not signing a premier EDGE guy would sting less, but at that point I almost think you just sign a situational guy. If Allen is a big time pass rusher, Jenkins is a viable rusher on the other side.

14 minutes ago, Sully80 said:

I just am starting to get the feeling I won't be happy with what we do. We'll sign some JAG OLB and C, resign Claiborne to another 1 year deal, miss out on Bell, and suprisingly sign a guy at a position that we're actually OK at like safety, Lamarcus Joyner most likely.

We dont want Bell! Helllll nooo

9 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

It was never them being wedded, they were developing a hybrid system so that it can take advantage of the personnel in place, if they're able to get better straight 4-3 personnel we will see more base 4-3 looks than originally.  It all depends on LB acquisitions.  Williams needs a guy that can drop fast to the deep middle for his tampa 2 looks. 

Darron Lee was one of the best linebackers in coverage in the NFL last year. That’ll probably be his role. Kwon Alexander is like a less good Darron Lee and that’s not a compliment to him or Lee.

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I don’t know if it was a bunch of crap or they are going to use multiple sets. Regardless I trust Gregg Williams.

Definitely trust Williams, I always thought they would use multiple sets but they said they'd stick to a base 3-4, interested in 4-3 ILBs, Anthony Barr, hell even Flowers is a guy that is basically a 4-3 end. Virtually everyone we've been linked to on the front seven have been 4-3 guys. I trust Williams too, but if you're switching to a 4-3 does Josh allen make sense in a 4-3? Bosa and Williams both do. 

5 minutes ago, choon328 said:

You apparently didn't watch any Bucs games this year. The 2nd half of the season he was getting targeted like he was their #2 and started out of the slot all season.

I like em too. He can play the slot in two TE sets and him and Quincy in 4 wr sets.

good route runner good hands. Agreed. I'd rather spend a little less on a slot guy- but I'd still sign him for sure.

18 minutes ago, Sully80 said:

I just am starting to get the feeling I won't be happy with what we do. We'll sign some JAG OLB and C, resign Claiborne to another 1 year deal, miss out on Bell, and suprisingly sign a guy at a position that we're actually OK at like safety, Lamarcus Joyner most likely.

I just read an article about them signing Joyner as a slot corner. 

https://jetswire.usatoday.com/2019/03/10/jets-lamarcus-joyner-cornerback-rams/

Just now, Prestige Worldwide said:

I just read an article about them signing Joyner as a slot corner. 

https://jetswire.usatoday.com/2019/03/10/jets-lamarcus-joyner-cornerback-rams/

This is what I'm talking about, focus should be OL yet we'll probably sign Joyner to be a slot corner which apparently he was never really that good at. If we're signing a slot corner, give me Callahan from the Bears, he won't be cheap though.

6 minutes ago, Sully80 said:

I just don't understand how you could not want Bell. He's arguably the best RB in the league when he's out there, he'd make everyone's job easier.

Cuz he's a selfish modern me player and a cancer. Just like OBj, RG3, and he hate me LOL. The list goes on and on. We don't want selfish players and he's not the guy that's going to put us over. What was the point of the Raiders trading for Antonio Brown? We need to build a team not make headlines. I'd rather spend money on Oline , Linebackers, Edge rush and WR's .

43 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

Humphries is a very good player on the rise. $10M a year seems a little rich, but that's Free Agency for you.

Jets' alleged interest in Alexander is interesting. He's a natural 4-3 LB.

A replacement for Lee, or a sign that the Jets aren't as wedded to the 3-4 as they have claimed?

This whole 3-4 being played by Williams is a smokescreen IMO.  We're going 4-3, we have a lot of Cap space and the Jets are going to jumpstart that transition ASAP.

The Mac bashing will begin around 12:05p.  Many will expect news quickly to spread that the Jets are signing.........   When that doesn't happen then this place erupts as it has the last couple of FA periods, including "tampering" time.

2 minutes ago, prime21 said:

The Mac bashing will begin around 12:05p.  Many will expect news quickly to spread that the Jets are signing.........   When that doesn't happen then this place erupts as it has the last couple of FA periods, including "tampering" time.

And all those hysterical Macc-bashers were humbled by the Jets ensuing deep playoff runs. 

7 minutes ago, Sully80 said:

Humphries would be a solid signing, not where I'd start with this team but definitely would be happy with it.

Agreed on Humphries.

As for starting with him, that's really out of any GM's control. If the other guys Macc wants take their time, he shouldn't let that effect his other moves. Humphries is a better/younger version of Amendola. 
I rather target him than the Tyrell Williams of the world. 

I like Humphries production, upside and fit for the Jets.  He is reportedly seeking "reasonable" compensation.  Kwon Alexander is not, 10-12 million/season.  Based on what?  Certainly not last year, or the year before that.  Not what we're looking for at that price, with that production, those stats , and  coming off an ACL injury.  

1 minute ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Agreed on Humphries.

As for starting with him, that's really out of any GM's control. If the other guys Macc wants take their time, he shouldn't let that effect his other moves. Humphries is a better/younger version of Amendola. 
I rather target him than the Tyrell Williams of the world. 

Good point, but he definitely shouldn't be the #1 priority this FA period nor do I think he is. Agree on Humphries, basically a younger Edelman, and much prefer him to Tyrell Williams, Crowder, and Moncrief.

Good point, but he definitely shouldn't be the #1 priority this FA period nor do I think he is. Agree on Humphries, basically a younger Edelman, and much prefer him to Tyrell Williams, Crowder, and Moncrief.

The number one priority is going to be the guy willing to sign first. Macc has his team negotiating with the players we want. Humphries isn’t taking up the one phone line on jets drive while macc twirls the extra long chord around his toes.

There will be 25 staffers on the line with the agents people. When that progresses it will go up the hierarchy I’d imagine.

Either way. If for example humphries signs first, that doesn’t mean he was the first priority. Just that he was first to agree to terms and sign.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Adam Humphries was an undrafted free agent whose “breakout” season resulted in 10 ypr and 5 TDs. Giving him $9 million per is dumb. Find your own unathletic slot UDFA and give him the minimum. 

I'm not sure that just because he was a UDFA that it should matter now. Quincy was a 6th rounder and Robbie was an UDFA.

It's a thin FA class for WRs. Agree we should draft one no latter than Round 3 (or round 2 if we trade back).

If not Humphries, is there any other FA WR you want us to sign?

59 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Damn, it does. lol I’m the one that read it wrong. That’s what I get for just waking up...Alexander doesn’t really seem like that much of a priority signing nor’ should it.

Just waking up? jeez you're a lazy ass.

lol kidding.

5 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:

I'm not sure that just because he was a UDFA that it should matter now. Quincy was a 6th rounder and Robbie was an UDFA.

It's a thin FA class for WRs. Agree we should draft one no latter than Round 3 (or round 2 if we trade back).

If not Humphries, is there any other FA WR you want us to sign?

Probably not, but adding another non-number-one to a receiving corps that’s already a bunch of 3/4’s is silly. 

Archived