Giants in Talks to Trade OBJ

southtown24th

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had a thread about this the other day. If we get Lev Bell we should be all over OBJ. Give Sam the weapons to really develop and give our team an identity. We would be immediate playoff contenders for next 3 years. After that, cut Lev, cut OBJ if necessary and resign Sam  

Just now, Bleedin Green said:

Don't blame them at all.  They should have been having these talks before handing that lunatic a new contract.

Also, he should come nowhere near Darnold.

In before the same people that thought the Steelers would get a 1st for Brown think the Giants will get a boatload in return for Beckham. Beckham, like Brown, is very expensive is a head case and unlike Brown has injury issues. He is younger, which is a plus. 

They will get more than a 3rd/5th, but not as much as some think. 

2 minutes ago, Reprisalizer said:

Had a thread about this the other day. If we get Lev Bell we should be all over OBJ. Give Sam the weapons to really develop and give our team an identity. We would be immediate playoff contenders for next 3 years. After that, cut Lev, cut OBJ if necessary and resign Sam  

I'm all for getting Darnold talent, but Beckham is getting moved because he's a locker room cancer.  Darnold does not need to be dealing with that nonsense this early in his career.

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

teams finally realizing that paying diva wrs a ton of money does not work.

It hasn't worked for the Giants because they signed him while Manning was on a decline and they don 'thave a good line.  Put him on a good team and he will assume his role  s a terror for defenses.

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Giants should send OBJ to the Cardinals for Rosen and some picks, including their 2019 2nd rounder. It’d allow both teams to save face and get out of their relative messes alive.

@T0mShane  you need to contact Dave Gettleman i'm quite sure he isnt as smart as you. 

2 minutes ago, rayzor said:

What would you guys be willing to give up for him? 

I'd give up the 3rd pick in the draft. You won't find a better offensive talent in the draft. Plus he's under contract for 5 more years. $16.75 this year and then around $14 million the other 4 years. I'd be all over it.

2 minutes ago, rayzor said:

What would you guys be willing to give up for him? 

I would move down to 6 for him- straight up. That's plenty. Jets could probably get more. The other thing is, if the Jets move down to 6 they will still get an impact player. OBJ and M.Sweat or G.Williams or J.Williams or maybe QW even falls to 6. If the Giants make that move, you have to think they are going after a QB. 

1 minute ago, choon328 said:

I'd give up the 3rd pick in the draft. You won't find a better offensive talent in the draft. Plus he's under contract for 5 more years. $16.75 this year and then around $14 million the other 4 years. I'd be all over it.

Swap #1s we throw in our #3 and we get top 3 WR in the NFL. 

Just now, PepPep said:

I would move down to 6 for him- straight up. That's plenty. Jets could probably get more. The other thing is, if the Jets move down to 6 they will still get an impact player. OBJ and M.Sweat or G.Williams or J.Williams or maybe QW even falls to 6. If the Giants make that move, you have to think they are going after a QB. 

Makes sense, the only problem is that the Giants may only like 2 of the Qbs and moving to 3 doesn't really guarantee them anything. But they may be happy with Bosa if the QB doesn't fall. 

The reality is that I don't see the Giants wanting Odell to play for the Jets and I don't see the Jets super interested in a diva to distract Darnold. 

3 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

I mean... are you looking for a list?

uxbejr5ibqnx.gif.6a015b494fbc00de981de64626ce5b07.gif

Some clips of him smashing his helmet or acting like fool on the sidelines does not a lunatic make. I'm asking seriously. Do you have serious concerns about his mental makeup. I don't. At least I have not seen anything close to what I have seen from Dez Bryant, A.Brown or other 'diva' WRs. And I have seen nothing that would worry me about him being suspended for an extended period of time for off field issues. 

4 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Reuniting with Landry and playing with Baker actually makes a ton of sense. 

Everyone in Cleveland thought he was going there for a package of Zeiltner and picks (a #2 and a '20 #1). Browns could still be interested, most likely are as they've let Perriman go and are looking for fire power at WR. Dorsey isn't afraid to take on guys like OBJ.

2 minutes ago, PepPep said:

Some clips of him smashing his helmet or acting like fool on the sidelines does not a lunatic make. I'm asking seriously. Do you have serious concerns about his mental makeup. I don't. At least I have not seen anything close to what I have seen from Dez Bryant, A.Brown or other 'diva' WRs. And I have seen nothing that would worry me about him being suspended for an extended period of time for off field issues. 

I seriously think he is unstable. That doesn't mean he isn't great. But he's a distraction. It's all about him. He wants to put on a show on the sidelines to get attention. 

With that said, he is a great player, is a good teammate, and wants to win. But if you bring him in expecting him to toe the company line and follow orders and stay out of trouble, you are making a mistake. Why do you think the Jets are trying to trade him? 

1 minute ago, PepPep said:

Proposing to a kicking net

Josh Norman game

Wayne interview

several unsportsmanlike penalties per season(punting ball in the Jets game for example/lost giants the game)

always injured

There’s more. But Beckham is a handful that seems more concerned with being a celebrity than playing football.

Archived