Browns “more than willing” to trade Duke Johnson Jr

Patriot Killa

As much as folks think he is redundant with Bell on board, if he came really cheap, I’d think about it.  He has played receiver some, can run all the routes and can still run the ball.  Seems like you could use both bell and  johnson on the field at the same time, with one of them basically playing receiver most of the time.

1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

The reason you sign Leveon Bell is that you don't need to invest much cap/draft equity in a 3rd down back. Pulling Bell on 3rd downs would be criminal. 

Double backs split out on 3rd & short would be real tough to cover us with these two backs. 

I'm actually a big Duke Johnson fan and think he'd be the perfect compliment to Bell.

That said, we have so many other needs.  McGuire's style is similar to Johnson (very very poor mans version).  

We no longer have a 5th, but if they'd take one of the 6th rounders I'd consider.  

4 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

This was a topic right before March 11th. It seems the yearning to get a trade done as increased. Don’t believe we have the draft capital at all....unless they take a 6th?

"More than willing" almost makes it sound illicit.

Archived