JetNation 2019 Mock Draft DISCUSSION

Dcat

53 minutes ago, Paradis said:

@choon328 you were on your way to my early favorite for best draft on JN.... lot of smart/value picks... but with Dexter still on the board, Bruce is a hard one to swallow. Stay true to your board as they say, but i'll mail you one of my children to clean your house for a year if Bruce has a better presence in the NFL than Dexter Williams. Quite frankly its insane that he's there. 

Maybe there's hope for us, Jets? He would be the ultimate COP back to compliment Bell. 

I hear ya. I almost took Dexter when I took Weber. I think Anderson is getting undervalued bc he went to a small school and wasn't invited to the combine. I thought taking Dexter would've been redundant for the Lions. With Kerryon Johnson and Weber their those guys are already 3 down type backs. Anderson is a really good kick returner and has excellent hands out of the backfield. I needed that scat type of back that could be good on specials. Taking Dexter would've been the popular move but as far as roster building I'm not sure it would've been smart. And personally, I'm a really big fan of Anderson as a prospect.

Thanks for the compliment. I appreciate it.

• Upvote 1

@section314 Tennessee Titans completed 2019 Mock

18 1 18 900 Tennessee Titans Section 314 Christian Wilkins Clemson DL From Vikings
51 2 19 390 Tennessee Titans Section 314 Erik McCoy Texas A&M C  
82 3 18 180 Tennessee Titans Section 314 Oshane Ximines Old Dominion EDGE  
121 4 19 52 Tennessee Titans Section 314 Dawson Knox Mississippi TE  
190 6 17 15 Tennessee Titans Section 314 DaMarkus Lodge Mississippi WR From Vikings

1 hour ago, choon328 said:

I hear ya. I almost took Dexter when I took Weber. I think Anderson is getting undervalued bc he went to a small school and wasn't invited to the combine. I thought taking Dexter would've been redundant for the Lions. With Kerryon Johnson and Weber their those guys are already 3 down type backs. Anderson is a really good kick returner and has excellent hands out of the backfield. I needed that scat type of back that could be good on specials. Taking Dexter would've been the popular move but as far as roster building I'm not sure it would've been smart. And personally, I'm a really big fan of Anderson as a prospect.

Thanks for the compliment. I appreciate it.

Good point. I’m guilty of forgetting to consider the Lions roster. Many of Dexters strengths already exist with KJ. I ignored him for CLE because he didn’t fit the bill of a 3rd down back as well. 

Finally, took Dexter off the board.  194 to the Packers.  Had other plans for this pick, but couldn't pass on the value in the 6th round.  Thoought about taking him 9 picks earlier, but decided to give @Paradis one last chance to pick the guy he has been talking up most of the college football season.  Once Paradis passed, I decided to take him instead of the DL I had in mind if he fell a few more picks. 

Not a big fan of Jamaal Williams -- Dexter should be an upgrade.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Lith said:

Finally, took Dexter off the board.  194 to the Packers.  Had other plans for this pick, but couldn't pass on the value in the 6th round.  Thoought about taking him 9 picks earlier, but decided to give @Paradis one last chance to pick the guy he has been talking up most of the college football season.  Once Paradis passed, I decided to take him instead of the DL I had in mind if he fell a few more picks. 

I debated picking Dexter for Carolina's 6th round pick, but chose to go CB.  Carolina needs a backup for McCaffery badly and he would have been a good option.  But their needs elsewhere overrode the back up RB goal, so I figured the Panthers would go CB there and sign some UFA like Yeldon, Ajayi, Collins, Ware or even Doug Martin for the next year or two to back up McCaffery.  However the team is very cap-strapped, so there's that added difficulty.  So despite a little buyer's remorse and not taking the Notre Dame back (especially after @Paradis and others have talked him up so much), Panthers are good with the CB instead. 

• Sympathy 1

46 minutes ago, Lith said:

I debated him or Armstead. I wanted a goal line back / thumper. Armstead appeared faster and stronger based on combine #’s

1 hour ago, Lith said:

I try my best to mesh what the team needs and who i value. I couldn't justify D. Williams with Chubb and Hunt on the roster and no 3rd down James White type RB on the roster (95% sure Duke will be dealt)...  James Williams was the right fit for CLE.

@Dcat Dexter would have been puurrrfect for CAR as Cmac's understudy.... but fear not, there's 1 more RB left who would also be a dream fit there. Lets see if you can snag him! 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Speaking of Dexter, he's the perfect COP back for us... we don't need a 3rd down back, that's part of Bell's tool kit. Nor do we need a goal line thumper -- again, Bell's quite capable of punching it in. We need that lightning in a bottle guy who can step in on 1st and 2nd downs make the defense sweat.

Dexter's footwork in traffic is best in class this year.

• Sympathy 1

32 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I try my best to mesh what the team needs and who i value. I couldn't justify D. Williams with Chubb and Hunt on the roster and no 3rd down James White type RB on the roster (95% sure Duke will be dealt)...  James Williams was the right fit for CLE.

@Dcat Dexter would have been puurrrfect for CAR as Cmac's understudy.... but fear not, there's 1 more RB left who would also be a dream fit there. Lets see if you can snag him! 

Out of picks.  Signing Collins or Yeldon or Ajayi or Ware to a 1-year (maybe 2).

Im loving this...... thanks for setting this up

One of the aspects I was unprepared for is how attached to some players I’ve become. And how frustrating it can be to watch them get snatched.
The hope of them making it a few more picks so I can grab them or even picking a guy with higher value thinking my guy is gonna make it to my next pick only to have@Lith grab him away from me at the last minute. lol

As frustrating as it can be, what an enjoyable process this is. My office has player info all over it. Unorganized stacks of paper with highlighted or scratched out players everywhere. It’s madness!

This is the most football related fun, not having to fo with my son I’ve had in years.

Thanks everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

22 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

That what the tweet said?  They usually go up some from there.  Oliver's shuttle went from 4.19 to 4.22.  Jamal Adams "blazing a 4.33 40" at his pro day in 2017 turned into an "official" 4.45 according to Gil Brandt.

Indeed. Bumped to a 4.49.

30 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Okay.  I have what should mercifully be my last trade.  Ravens send 228 to the Patriots for 243, 246 and 252.  @Thai Jet please confirm. I figured with Saivion Smith off the board he couldn't have many 'bama prospects left. 

Yes I confirm the trade. Smith was only with Bama 1 yr. He should have stayed for another year, not that good yet.

16 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

There's been another trade....

@Lray and the Steelers send 6/34 (207) to the Raiders for 7/4 (218) and 7/21 (235)

15 minutes ago, Lray said:

Confirm

Got it.  Spreadsheet updated. 

Never remember anywhere near this number of late round trades.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Lith said:

People didn't used to care.  When did we start allowing comp picks to be traded?  A bunch of these are those - otherwise there would not be so many extra 7ths to throw in.  I have a bunch of guys I like that will be in camp somewhere that I want to latch onto.  If I were a real GM I would just be calling agents for UDFA but if somebody will throw me some 7ths so they don't have to think and are free this weekend, what the hell?

I have the added issue of passing up a trade that could have netted me Devin White. Passing him up for bodies makes me want them all. There are about 6 guys I was considering and Burr-Kirven is the only one I missed out on.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Lith said:

yeah. Not much meaningful trade capital, unless you are @Mavericknyc1980 with nine 6th & 7th round picks.  I'd think the real Bengals will be bundling some of that to get a higher rated prospect at some point.  Bengals in the mock have 14 picks!  Wow.  I had none after middle of 6th. 

4 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

One of the aspects I was unprepared for is how attached to some players I’ve become. And how frustrating it can be to watch them get snatched.
The hope of them making it a few more picks so I can grab them or even picking a guy with higher value thinking my guy is gonna make it to my next pick only to have@Lith grab him away from me at the last minute. lol

As frustrating as it can be, what an enjoyable process this is. My office has player info all over it. Unorganized stacks of paper with highlighted or scratched out players everywhere. It’s madness!

This is the most football related fun, not having to fo with my son I’ve had in years.

Thanks everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Green, the depressing thing about all of this is seeing McCagnans and idziks real drafts next to our joe schmuck jet nation draft.

• Upvote 1

On 3/29/2019 at 4:18 PM, Paradis said:

I’d have to go back and immerse myself in that stretch but I know he passed MVS on the depth chart (as he should have, he is more talented WR)... how that played out in terms targets and coverage etc. I can’t say atm. What I do remember is he played better down the stretch. Some clutch drive saving catches 

Just to add to this week old, and long dead, discussion... I was reading that super long article about why the Packers suck.  According to it, McCarthy is a candy ass, and Rodgers as douche-y as advertised.  There were these little gems:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2828649-what-happened-in-green-bay

A source close to the team says St. Brown became frustrated because, as much as he wanted to follow McCarthy’s play design, he also heard rumors of Rodgers freezing out teammates if they didn't do exactly what he demanded. So he listened to Rodgers. On one play in New England, Rodgers told St. Brown to run a post route when the play called for a flag. St. Brown ran the post, and pressure forced Rodgers to throw the ball away toward the flag—leading his position coach to grill him on what he was thinking.

St. Brown told him he was "improvising" so he didn't upset Rodgers.

Knowing what was up, McCarthy told him to stick with the routes called.

These rookies simply did not have the thousands of reps Rodgers once had with Nelson and company, so he couldn't make subtle audibles play after play with them. In one red-zone drill in practice, St. Brown didn't pick up on a signal, and Rodgers lost it. No, he wasn't exactly giving these rookies a chance to grow, either. A source close to one of the team's skill-position starters says Rodgers was the one "sinking the ship" with zero interest in developing Valdes-Scantling, St. Brown or Moore.

The slightest mistake faded them out of his peripheral vision and sent him back to zeroing in on Adams.

"If they don't make plays, you can't just not go to them again," this source says. "You have to keep building trust in them."

Instead, he chose not to throw the ball to rookies open in one-on-one coverage. It's likely no coincidence Valdes-Scantling faded out of the offense down the stretch. He ran the routes as they were called from the sideline, and his targets declined. Rodgers would look his way, then pat, pat, pat the ball for something else to develop. Why? A source close to the team says Valdes-Scantling told him Rodgers just didn't like him. That he wasn't doing exactly what Rodgers asked him to do, so the quarterback started to freeze him out.

• Post of the Week 1

13 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Just to add to this week old, and long dead, discussion... I was reading that super long article about why the Packers suck.  According to it, McCarthy is a candy ass, and Rodgers as douche-y as advertised.  There were these little gems:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2828649-what-happened-in-green-bay

what a nightmare for those kids.