Adam Gase: Jets Have Tools,Players,Game Plan to Dethrone Patriots in AFC East

joewilly12

5 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Agreed. It is incredibly hard to win a championship. I could care less about winning the division like some, however grabbing the top 2 seeds to achieve the first round buy, and homefield is a HUGE advantage for making a run. Believe that is why the 09/10 teams ran out of gas in the afccg s. I think getting through Cleveland and kc next few yrs will be more of a challenge than the pats

I will say I'd love to win the division though.  I hate the Pats so much. It would be nice to be able to shut the door on the Pats reign by being the team to the the torch. Buffalo is making a legitimate run at this thing too.  They worry me. 

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

It isnt the exact same, but its still our coach talking in April.

I'd rather see wins. All im saying. I've heard enough of the talking or indirects from players. 

Winning is the loudest way to speak. 

What is he suppose to say to the team? That they might have the right things in place to win? It' called instilling confidence. 

17 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Trying to figure out why a Browns fan even cares.  

Do you even have the faintest idea of how pointless your argument is.  You're going to tell real Jets fans how the HC needs to shut up if asked about the teams chances?  

Thank you!!

Why are Jets fans concerned about the HC stating the obvious????

I mean do Jets fans like HCs who go around saying "we don't know what is going to happen we will just go out there and play hard."

Preseason isn't even here yet and we have folks saying that the HC shouldn't even talk to his own team in private conversations a certain way!! :( 

Yo I think our Jets are going to surprise this year big time! I think we're going to see a big difference from the coaching aspect. I think this team is going to come out hot! I really think it's Gase and Williams who are going to make a difference and we're going to see a different bravado and Swagger than we've seen in many years. Despite having a few jagz these guys are going to have fun and play together as a team and I anticipate this is going to be a really great season! So cheers! Let's hope for the best

53 minutes ago, Ghost420 said:

What is he suppose to say to the team? That they might have the right things in place to win? It' called instilling confidence. 

Saying that has nothing to do with mentioning teams that have kicked our ass damn near everytime we speak on them.

That confidence you speak of is short term and it goes away the moment you start losing, because no one believes the words you say. 

Going out and doing it provides a level of confidence that makes free agents and rookies want to play for you and current players want to stay. 

Why do you think we end up being a circus? It starts with this low level confidence. Anyone can talk bro.

1 hour ago, Charlie Brown said:

Thank you!!

I mean do Jets fans like HCs who go around saying "we don't know what is going to happen we will just go out there and play hard."

Preseason isn't even here yet and we have folks saying that the HC shouldn't even talk to his own team in private conversations a certain way!! :( 

Wait, This here: "Game Plan to Dethrone Patriots in AFC East" is obvious? 

Folks are missing what im saying because it's Villain saying it. 

Well, we will see the Patriots twice during the first half of the season. I fully expect to dethrone them and win this division if this is what he's talking. Granted, I expect this every year around August, but if the sentiment is so strong that this is what you're telling your players and it's okay for the players to speak freely on it, yet you havent coached a game, then IMO there is no "easing in". Gase better hit the floor running on his way to a 12-4 record and a division win. 

Anything less than a dethroning will be exactly why I said that it's better to shut up and concentrate on that dethroning instead of talking about it. 

Im not saying anything way out of this world here, really. 

17 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Actually it was a couple weeks before during the Browns/ Falcons post game conference. Baker mentioned it during that presser. However, JJ Watt mentioned that comment weeks later during his press conference after the Texans win saying that "Mayfield wasnt feeling dangerous in that first half", which was true. But then praised Mayfield for his recovery in the 2nd half. 

Sam played great against the Texans. I was actually more impressed with Jeremy Bates in that game. I thought that the Texans game was his best game of the season as an offensive play caller for the Jets. Dude actually looked like a competent OC putting Sam in position to move the ball and keep things on schedule. 

IMO, Bates should have coached like that from the beginning of the season, let Sam take his lumps from the beginning instead of handcuffing him.  He gets zero props from me...he is just a sh*tty, clueless OC.  I witnessed his coaching debacle first hand when he was at USC.  I posted that here, repeatedly.  He learned nothing from his former stints at the job or his hiatus in the wilds.  

Coaching makes a huge difference...Sam had crappy coaching, and no offensive identity, just a mess the OC called a “gumbo offense”, the continual looking to the sidelines for the play call was maddening.  It was brought home this spring practice when JT Daniels commented that when he attempted to suggest a play according to what he was seeing, Tee commented “Just run the plays I call”  Sam was frustrated with the play calling, and it was the major reason he didn’t stay his junior year, he tried to do too much, with no clear targets and young running game and offensive line.

I haven’t watched the Okies play since that Orange Bowl game in 2005 when we played them, and that didn’t end up well for them....they talked a lot of trash, then fled like cockroaches the beginning of the 3rd quarter....so I had zero interest watching crotch grabbing and poor sportsmanship. 

That is just the way I feel, Sam’s style reminds me of my all time favorite QB, Joe Montana, who I got to see live during his time at Notre Dame.  

10 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Well, we will see the Patriots twice during the first half of the season. I fully expect to dethrone them and win this division if this is what he's talking. Granted, I expect this every year around August, but if the sentiment is so strong that this is what you're telling your players and it's okay for the players to speak freely on it, yet you havent coached a game, then IMO there is not "easing in". Gase better it the floor running on his way to a 12-4 record and a division win. 

Anything less than a dethroning will be exactly why I said that it's better to shut up and concentrate on that dethroning instead of talking about it. 

Bruh..u kind of stated your premise, which was not even bad at all pretty clear. But there are some fans here too sensitive to allow you to have your own opinion.

5 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:

IMO, Bates should have coached like that from the beginning of the season, let Sam take his lumps from the beginning instead of handcuffing him.  He gets zero props from me...he is just a sh*tty, clueless OC.  I witnessed his coaching debacle first hand when he was at USC.  I posted that here, repeatedly.  He learned nothing from his former stints at the job or his hiatus in the wilds.  

Coaching makes a huge difference...Sam had crappy coaching, and no offensive identity, just a mess the OC called a “gumbo offense”, the continual looking to the sidelines for the play call was maddening.  It was brought home this spring practice when JT Daniels commented that when he attempted to suggest a play according to what he was seeing, Tee commented “Just run the plays I call”  Sam was frustrated with the play calling, and it was the major reason he didn’t stay his junior year, he tried to do too much, with no clear targets and young running game and offensive line.

I haven’t watched the Okies play since that Orange Bowl game in 2005 when we played them, and that didn’t end up well for them....they talked a lot of trash, then fled like cockroaches the beginning of the 3rd quarter....so I had zero interest watching crotch grabbing and poor sportsmanship. 

That is just the way I feel, Sam’s style reminds me of my all time favorite QB, Joe Montana, who I got to see live during his time at Notre Dame.  

Oh, without a doubt. Dude definitely earned his firing. I have to state the fact that it was a good day when it came to playcalling during that particular game. The mind-numbing playcalling and those infamous reverse sweeps with Robby Anderson confirmed that this guy was indeed clueless. 

You have much more experience with Bates than I ever did. In my eyes he was fresh. I heard a bit of his history of course, but I never witnessed it so it was still like a clean slate. But man, I knew this guy didnt get it when Darnold's first pass was that pick 6 and im sitting here like "Did we really have to have the first pass of this young man's career be a pass across his body and across the field"? Then The game ended as a blowout and everyone was excited for the offense, and I thought that it was a fine rebound by Darnold, but I wasnt believing that this was some high powered offense given the score given that all three phases of our team scored TD's in that game. That will not be a weekly occurrence. 

Bates and Bowles made last season hard to watch for sure. 

4 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Oh, without a doubt. Dude definitely earned his firing. I have to state the fact that it was a good day when it came to playcalling during that particular game. The mind-numbing playcalling and those infamous reverse sweeps with Robby Anderson confirmed that this guy was indeed clueless. 

You have much more experience with Bates than I ever did. In my eyes he was fresh. I heard a bit of his history of course, but I never witnessed it so it was still like a clean slate. But man, I knew this guy didnt get it when Darnold's first pass was that pick 6 and im sitting here like "Did we really have to have the first pass of this young man's career be a pass across his body and across the field"? Then The game ended as a blowout and everyone was excited for the offense, and I thought that it was a fine rebound by Darnold, but I wasnt believing that this was some high powered offense given the score given that all three phases of our team scored TD's in that game. That will not be a weekly occurrence. 

Bates and Bowles made last season hard to watch for sure. 

Sam has not had competent coaching since high school, he saved the jobs of that coaching staff.  Sam’s gone (because of that incompetency), 5-7.  

Sam decided to take his chances at the pro level regardless of his love for USC. What could have been with this new OC, who believes in taking advantage of his QBs God-given talent.  

1 hour ago, Charlie Brown said:

Thank you!!

It's crazy, right?  I like a HC who gets behind his team and gets fired .  It's not like he's over the top or trash talking anyone

18 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

The way folks are here boasting about that win, you would think that Rex was the mastermind behind the dismantling of the Patriot empire. Lol

And some other folks are really in here trying to give me grief because im saying that the coaches and players need to STFU about the Patriots and win games.

I thought that was the point of all this. I could be wrong though. Seems like all you have to do is talk sh*t in April with no history of your own and then us Jets fans will let you borrow Rex's victory from 2010. 

In wouldn't say there is no history. Gase knows what he is up against and he has beaten the pats a fair amount of times with less talent than the Jets currently have. I also believe Brady is now declining. No reason to think this will be the year ThebJets win the AFCE but we are getting close, closer than Miami and the Bills

2 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:

Sam has not had competent coaching since high school, he saved the jobs of that coaching staff.  Sam’s gone (because of that incompetency), 5-7.  

Sam decided to take his chances at the pro level regardless of his love for USC. What could have been with this new OC, who believes in taking advantage of his QBs God-given talent.  

Which is why I'm worried about it. The Jets have been known for being unstable when it comes to the front office as of late, and the coaching staff hasnt been up to snuff, though I did like what Chan Gailey brought to the table. 

This is exactly why I wanted Johnson to fire Macc as well. It's unfair to Darnold to put him in this "Savior" position along with the HC doubling down by not checking his players when talking about in-house chatter regarding what they say about other teams. 

I dont want to see another rookie contract go down in flames because that QB had to deal with multiple firings of front office personnel, coaching and learning a new offensive playbook every season. All that does is splits the fanbase in half, those who will see Darnold as part of the problem while clearly ignoring the fact that he was in his development years and had no stability (like every other QB drafted here outside of Namath) and will want him out the door and drafting another QB. The other half will want to keep him around understanding the incompetence surrounding him, but also knowing that any minor mess up is going to be monumental even though the situation from jump was out of his control. 

Situations like that will may players like Darnold not even want to be here and it messes with morale, and rightfully so. Though I dont like Adam Gase, we really need this dude to succeed because if the Jets put up another 4-12, 5-11 season there's a strong possibility that everyone will be fired and then we'll have to start over again and now Darnold is in his 3rd year of a rookie deal yet we have no idea what he can provide or build upon. 

This is why I wish reports like this would not surface and stay private. We know that Belichick uses ANYTHING for ammunition. Belichick is so f'ing petty auntie, he literally holds a grudge dealing with Bart Scott and that 2010 playoff game. This is what Bart said just a day or two ago. 

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/patriots/bart-scott-shares-story-when-bill-belichick-big-timed-him-afc-championship-day

We dont need to make this anymore difficult for Sam, especially if we end up going defense in the draft with that 3rd overall pick and claim that he doesnt need anything else because we drafted him to be our savior. 

"Only the Jets" lol. But I cant help but to love this team. 

3 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

In wouldn't say there is no history. Gase knows what he is up against and he has beaten the pats a fair amount of times with less talent than the Jets currently have. I also believe Brady is now declining. No reason to think this will be the year ThebJets win the AFCE but we are getting close, closer than Miami and the Bills

I'll give you this. 

But if thats the case, then let it be because Gase believe's that Brady is in noticeable decline, and not that he's just going out to dethrone these guys. Sometimes you dont want to give a declining GOAT a reason. 

You dont talk sh*t to Micheal Jordan, even if he's playing on the Wizards. You just dont do it. 

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

Baker Mayfield on the Browns: 'If anybody's going to turn that franchise around, it'd be me'

. "You can just see that it's achievable ... and to kind of build towards hopefully winning an AFC North division championship is definitely a main driver for a lot of people.''

"Absolutely. I know we are,'' said Higgins. "We've got one of the best defenses, and the offense is major as well. People tend to sleep on us, but we're going to wake them up."

But the playoffs as a legit possibility?

"Absolutely,'' Higgins said. "That's the only thing I'm thinking about."

1 minute ago, JiF said:

Looks like the Browns need to STFU and win something...

wide receiver Jarvis Landry -- has already bought into the hype.

"You'll be lucky if we don't score 40 on you," he said in a feature with Sports Illustrated. "If we get everyone playing to their potential, we can win the Super Bowlthis year."  

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

Saying that has nothing to do with mentioning teams that have kicked our ass damn near everytime we speak on them.

That confidence you speak of is short term and it goes away the moment you start losing, because no one believes the words you say. 

Going out and doing it provides a level of confidence that makes free agents and rookies want to play for you and current players want to stay. 

Why do you think we end up being a circus? It starts with this low level confidence. Anyone can talk bro.

6 minutes ago, JiF said:

Baker Mayfield on the Browns: 'If anybody's going to turn that franchise around, it'd be me'

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

wide receiver Jarvis Landry -- has already bought into the hype.

"You'll be lucky if we don't score 40 on you," he said in a feature with Sports Illustrated. "If we get everyone playing to their potential, we can win the Super Bowlthis year."  

19 hours ago, slats said:

Not for nothing, but this is Mosley relating what Gase told him, personally, presumably while recruiting him to the Jets, not Gase mouthing off to reporters. Two remarkably different things. 

Also, I liked the way that crappy fish team beat the cheats on maybe the most exciting play of 2018. 

I was just gonna point this out, too. Gase didn't say this; this is a player relating something he heard Gase say. FAKE NEWS COME ON MAN

18 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

That's cool. 

The players and coaches still need to shut up and produce. 

Dude, I get your point but at the same time I'm rolling my eyes with every shut up and win proclamation.  We get it that you have this opinon and you are entitled  to it as much as anyone else is entitled to disagree but at the same time you are bitching about people feeling good about what the player said , i see you as just spouting off the same lame phrase over and over. This is actually a nothing burger. It's  freaking April. 

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

Gase said this stuff in private, to his players. Baker talks/ed sh*t constantly in various settings. 

Very inconsistent take in this whole thing.

7 minutes ago, freestater said:

Gase said this stuff in private, to his players. Baker talks/ed sh*t constantly in various settings. 

"You're lucky if we dont score 40 on you" - "We can win the Super Bowl this year" -  "I'm the guy to turn this franchise around"

vs.

"We think we have the players, tools and game plan to beat a team that consistently wins our division".

Pathetic trolls are pathetic. 

11 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Dude, I get your point but at the same time I'm rolling my eyes with every shut up and win proclamation.  We get it that you have this opinon and you are entitled  to it as much as anyone else is entitled to disagree but at the same time you are bitching about people feeling good about what the player said , i see you as just spouting off the same lame phrase over and over. This is actually a nothing burger. It's  freaking April. 

My bad, that was to Slats, not you. 

9 minutes ago, freestater said:

Yet, we're giving our commentary about what Gase said in private. 

There's some inconsistency with 1 Jets drive's privacy. 

15 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Maybe YOU need to shut up.

It's fans like you that cause us to lose games.

?

28 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

I'll give you this. 

But if thats the case, then let it be because Gase believe's that Brady is in noticeable decline, and not that he's just going out to dethrone these guys. Sometimes you dont want to give a declining GOAT a reason. 

You dont talk sh*t to Micheal Jordan, even if he's playing on the Wizards. You just dont do it. 

You will find out that Gase will say what he wants, when he wants and doesn’t give a rats ass what anybody thinks. I’m sure he’ll be pissing off all the NY beat writers and probably a bunch of critical Jet fans. The guy is passionate and is all about winning. I know his record isn’t stellar but those players who have a winning mentality respect him, like Manning  and others. I personally like the way he carries himself and how he deals with the press. Here’s a sample of what we can expect.

10 minutes ago, MaxAF said:

You will find out that Gase will say what he wants, when he wants and doesn’t give a rats ass what anybody thinks. I’m sure he’ll be pissing off all the NY beat writers and probably a bunch of critical Jet fans. The guy is passionate and is all about winning. I know his record isn’t stellar but those players who have a winning mentality respect him, like Manning  and others. I personally like the way he carries himself and how he deals with the press. Here’s a sample of what we can expect.

He was pissing off his own team owner, fellow coaches and players, so I believe you 100%

4 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Well, we will see the Patriots twice during the first half of the season. I fully expect to dethrone them and win this division if this is what he's talking. Granted, I expect this every year around August, but if the sentiment is so strong that this is what you're telling your players and it's okay for the players to speak freely on it, yet you havent coached a game, then IMO there is no "easing in". Gase better hit the floor running on his way to a 12-4 record and a division win. 

Hey Villain you know I side with you at great risk to my meager football reputation 85% out here (think Mike Glennon here) . :)

I just think that private conversations that are prematurely leaked should not be misconstrued to indicate that, the Jets and/or Gase has gone all Muhammad Ali all of a sudden.  

What a person may say in private may be it odds with what is said in the open for Public consumption but that hardly makes bold or even off color statements either reckless or unwarranted.  

Im quite sure that Gase didn’t tell folks to leak anything. He has been a HC for years now battling Bellichick in the same division for years now. Do we honestly think that now that Gase has become the HC now he has decided to put on crazy pants, big red nose to go along with his crazy eyes to act like a clown all of a sudden?

i don’t think so and neither do you my friend but it is fun to discuss this stuff until the season gets started.  

After all what are we all going to really do!  :) 

Archived