Would you guys lose your sh*t if Macc traded back to 15?

Jetster

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Top 3 In bottom half of the NFL ? All we lack is a true number 1 WR. We have one of the better slot guys (Crowder) we also have Ty Montgomery (slot, RB, TE,WR ) who can play virtually every position on Offense. We also have arguably the best receiving RB in the NFL and an emerging TE in Herndon.

Enunwa's only problem, and it's a big one, is staying healthy and knowing when to go down after being wrapped up by 4 players. Also while I don't think much of Anderson he is our guy to take the top off of defenses so we have a well balanced group that basically needs to put up or shut up this year. 

If Darnold is what we think he is He has a very well balanced attack that will only get better with time on Darnolds side and adding that elusive number 1 WR.

All around and just because Bell now exists in our offense we may very well be a top 15 or better with a number 1 WR easily top 10

A true #1 is a big part of WR core.  Enunwa has major injury issues, Crowder had issues each of the last two seasons and Robby Anderson isn't close to a #1.  Montgomery is a failed WR and a failed RB he's just a depth guy.

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

NoBowles you lighten up! 

15 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

No, you lighten up!!

? ???

Stay calm Joe.

As long as you don’t bring up toned men’s chests, bj’s, or gazebos you can take this guy!

Bosa , J Allen, QW , Devin WHite are ellite prospects, if we trade down we need to get a haul.   L bell , C J mosley , are 1st round picks in my mind, so we basicly got extra picks any ways.  Get a pass rusher for next 10 years.  We still have 25 m plus in cap  space to sign players its like adding players in draft.  Elite players vs  ok players at 15 . Bosa or Allen will start right away.   I want to see J Allen chasing down  J Allen , Baker and Brady for sure.  

1 hour ago, adb280z said:

A true #1 is a big part of WR core.  Enunwa has major injury issues, Crowder had issues each of the last two seasons and Robby Anderson isn't close to a #1.  Montgomery is a failed WR and a failed RB he's just a depth guy.

I think Herdon becomes the number 1 target. Followed by Bell, Anderson, Q then Crowder. 

God forbid we draft Jalen Hurd later on. 

21 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I’m not sure I understand the fascination with Hockenson around here. Herndon is pretty solid, and Enunwa and Crowder do all of their work underneath besides. Hockenson isn’t a Gronkowski-type prospect in terms of size or athleticism, so I don’t get why he’s reached this mythological status among Jets fans all of a sudden.

Jets fans - "we shouldn't draft another edge rusher in Rd 1, we've been burned too many times before"

Also Jets fans - "we should draft a TE in Rd 1"

:P

2 hours ago, jamesr said:

Jets fans - "we shouldn't draft another edge rusher in Rd 1, we've been burned too many times before"

Also Jets fans - "we should draft a TE in Rd 1"

:P

Herndons pretty damn good & should only get better with experience. I say NO to a TE in this draft. I'm ok with a WR, we need a guy to backup Quincy, who lets face it, when healthy? Dude is just like a fast TE. Plus you have Leggett who knows damn well it seems put up or get cut with a new regime in here. 

Leggett lost a whole year so last year was like his rookie year. Some guys do develop, it seems that's not an option with this organization. With Sam Darnold slinging passes, these WRs, RBs & TEs have to be more focused because the ball could come from anywhere. You don't turn your head quickly, or stay alive on a broken play & your gonna look like Ann idiot when the ball goes off your helmet. 

7 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

If we trade back to 15 I want at least two second round picks one this year and one next year

it looks like Sweat is falling we could take him at 15 and Isabella in round 2

I love the depth of this draft but so will other GMs. I don't think we'll be able to move back, fingers crossed.

10 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

If we trade back to 15 I want at least two second round picks one this year and one next year

15 in a sweet spot in this draft. Plenty of talent will be there. Best value when you look at Bosa (injuries), Allen (just as many ? As others), QW, (has a DT ever moved the needle for our Jets?). We do need some young Oline help + a center, trading back to 15 could solve those 2 issues, plus give us ammo to go after Frank Clark & get some CB help!

To me the smartest move if a deal available is to trade down and fill up with top rated offensive linemen. Rather than take a chance with another top rated defensive lineman who might/might not become an impact player. Sack totals, etc are usually a product of scheme not just superior players. Look with a promising 2nd year Qb you have to protect him to be successful. Also you have to run block for a guy like Bell to have the impact they’re paying him for. Our best draft outcome would be similar to the year we drafted two stalwarts in Brick and Mangold. It set the table for two AFC Championship appearances even with a young Qb who wasn’t a franchise player.

5 hours ago, Jetster said:

I love the depth of this draft but so will other GMs. I don't think we'll be able to move back, fingers crossed.

People are really taking for granted that we are trading back.  

Especially so we can trade down and take a guy who might have to move inside to guard

6 hours ago, Philc1 said:

We needed to give up 3 2nd round picks to go from 6 to 3 last year. We're going to get at least a 2nd this year and a 1st next year if we drop down to 15.

Archived