Would you guys lose your sh*t if Macc traded back to 15?

Jetster

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Because I’m a loser, here’s what two drafts on first-pick look like. One is with a trade down to 1.13 (whatever) where the return is Miami’s* 1-2-3 picks. The other is if you hold firm. 

*Obviously we wouldn’t be trading with Miami and obviously the return isn’t substantial enough. Shut up.

No trade: 

1.3 Quinnen Williams, DT, Alabama

3.4 Justin Layne, CB, Mich State

3.29 Bobby Evans, OT, Oklahoma

4.3 Miles Boykin, WR, Notre Dame

6.23 Kendall Sheffield, CB, Ohio State

7.3 Jalen Hurd, WR, Baylor 

With trade:

1.13 Andre Dillard, OT, Washington St

2.16 Elgton Jenkins, C, Miss State

3.4 Julian Love, CB, Notre Dame

3.19 David Long, CB, Michigan

3.29 Riley Ridley, WR, Georgia

4.3 Christian Miller, OLB, Alabama

6.23 Jalen Hurd, WR, Baylor

7.3 Shareef Miller, OLB, Penn State

Option 1 is miles better then 2

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because I’m a loser, here’s what two drafts on first-pick look like. One is with a trade down to 1.13 (whatever) where the return is Miami’s* 1-2-3 picks. The other is if you hold firm. 

*Obviously we wouldn’t be trading with Miami and obviously the return isn’t substantial enough. Shut up.

No trade: 

With trade:

Here’s the great part, both of these scenarios suck balls because this draft is terrible. Yet Mac will get credit for either, despite the fact that his roster dumped another season down the drain to accomplish whichever one happens. 

5 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Like when he traded Richardson for a 2nd or when he traded for our franchise QB?

Macc has made very good trades.. It's his draft picks that are a problem.

Yea. Trades are an area you can't really get on Macc about. He seems to get good value in trades. Bad day 2 picks are what's hurting this team. Hopefully he can turn that aspect of his GMing around. Also, resource allocation are an issue with Macc.

15 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Top 3 In bottom half of the NFL ?

Yes.  Anderson/Enunwa/Crowder is objectively a ~20-25 rank'ed WR corp. in the current NFL.  

All we lack is a true number 1 WR. We have one of the better slot guys (Crowder) we also have Ty Montgomery (slot, RB, TE,WR ) who can play virtually every position on Offense. We also have arguably the best receiving RB in the NFL and an emerging TE in Herndon.

Then we can agree to disagree on the need for additional offensive skill players and the evaluation of our existing talent. 

In my view, only Bell is a "sure thing" reliable top-tier weapon amongst the current group.  Herndon is an unknown long-term as yet, Enunwa is far too unreliable, Anderson is a limited-talent one-trick pony in my view and more a nice-to-have #3 than a reliable #1.  Crowder is good enough, Montgomery a decent backup to Bell.  Of this group, only Bell scares anyone in the modern NFL.   

A team so clearly without a legit #1 WR, and with an unreliable health #2 WR, and fielding a 2nd year QB with a meh (as of today) O-line....could use more weapons.

Again, I should be very clear, this is my personal preference (one of a number of preferred options focussing on Offense).  I do not believe for a second this will actually happen, so there is little point arguing about it.  I fully expect us to stand pat and draft Defense.

No trade: 

With trade:

Option 1 solidifies the DL. Option 2 solidifies the OL. I'm taking Option 2 all day. Option 2 would probably also come with a 2020 pick though. Option 2 also gives us the flexibility to trade 2 of those 3rd round picks or a 3rd and 2020 2nd for Frank Clark. 

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

No trade: 

With trade:

Option 2 is giving me an erection lasting longer than 4 hours. 

3 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Yup - the value chart dictates that. Snyder is also a dumbass who's willing to give up value.

I can live with trading to #15 but I prefer we stay in the top 10 so we can get a solid starter plus the additional picks.

I agree that a trade down more than 3-4 picks would require a 2020 first round pick.  However, any team who gives up next years first, would believe they are going to have a reasonably good 2019, lest they give up a top ten pick in a season that potentially has several highly rated QBs.  I think that eliminates Washington and the Bengals.

Think teams like the Falcons, Broncos (Elway always thinks his teams are SB ready), Seattle and the Packers.  Also, I really believe that Mac wants a starter included in any trade for the pick.  

• The Falcons desperately need pass rush help.  IF they think Bosa or Allen is the guy to bring them over the top, they may include Grady Jarrett in a trade.  That would be my first choice.  Jarrett, #14, #45 and 2020 third round pick would do it for me.
  • Seattle and Frank Clark.  Problem with the Seahawks is they don't have a second round pick so any trade with them would have to include next year's first round pick.  Clark, #21, #84, #124 and a 2020 first round pick for #3 and #196.
  • A simple trade; #3 to Jacksonville for #7 and Jalen Ramsey.  I would then think about trading down from #7 unless Q or Oliver is still on the board.
  • An under-the-radar move might be with the Bengals.  As I stated previously, they're not likely to give up their 2020 first round pick.  How about #3 for #11, #42, a 2020 second round pick (which should be in the mid 30's) and Sam Hubbard.  Before your collective heads explode, Hubbard had a terrific rookie year with six sacks.  He's a DE in a 4-3 and has the size to play OLB.  Move the second for Frank Clark and the rest of the draft could focus on offense (plus a CB).  I think Mac intends to trade Lee and a third for a second.

I don't Mac would have been as vocal as he's been about trading back unless he already has several agreements in his hip pocket.  For example, if Murray is on the board, he may have a proposed trade with the Raiders done; if Q or Bosa is on the board, he may have a deal in place with the Falcons.  

I just don't see Mac sticking with five picks with so many holes to fill.

I would do it without a 2020 1st round pick if a player like Kerrigan or Jonathon Allen was included. Kerrigan is a 100% guy, reminds me of Dennis Byrd in his prime. Zack Allen could be a Dennis Byrd type warrior. 

How many STARS do the Patriots have? QB, Edelman & coach now that Gronk is gone. Sh*t, they won a Super Bowl WITHOUT GRONK. 

Jets future stars look to be Darnold, Bell, Adams, Mosley. Guys right under Stars with coaches lighting a fire under their azzes & stay healthy, Quincy & Maye, L.Williams, Herndon, OK, R.Anderson. Steady work horses, Winters, H.Anderson, Shell, Avery Williamson, Jenkins, Crowder, Montgomery. Clearly the thinnest areas are Corner Backs (will G.Williams get Tru back to form?), Center & left tackle. Then you have depth like Luvu, Hewitt, Copeland, Burnett, Leggett. 

Complete unknowns? Kaufusi, Shepard, Foley, Clark, Jones, Bryant, Nickerson (you really never know who can be developed, guys can find roles in this league).

The team is getting deeper & adding more players instead of 1 guy out of QW, Bosa or Allen, gives us a much better chance to compete this year. 

7 hours ago, Jetster said:

Obviously he'd have to take less than what these stupid charts demand but let's just say it includes a 2 & 3 and picks in next years draft. Go to any Mock Draft & you will find 6-7 players you'd be happy with at 15. Plus we could target a Center at #2 and could own the 3rd with three picks including that very high 3rd.

Players that might be at 15 could be DK Metcalf, Andre Dillard, Rashan Gary, Chris Lindstrom, Brian Burns, Devin Bush, Jaylon Ferguson, Erik McCoy, Deandre Baker, Clelin Ferrell, Dexter Lawrence, Byron Murphy, Cody Ford, Garrett Bradbury, Noah Fant, Jeffery Simmons, AJ Brown.

Obviously, no one knows who will be available but this list gives you a good idea. When I look at this list, I would trade back AGAIN for more draft picks including setting us up beautifully in 2020. We have our QB, what's wrong with getting Brian Burns at 15 & trading back up for Garrett Bradbury? Would you be pumped heading into the 2nd round with Burns & Bradbury? And still have 2 third rounders including our high 3rd? 

I would rather start the draft like that instead of just one player at #3 of Allen, Bosa or QW. After the 1st we could have an edge rusher & a 10 year Center for Darnold with a 2nd & 2 or 3 thirds to come. It would be a Belichick type move that in this deep draft could propel the Jets into a contender. 

Thats exactly what I want Macc to do. I want him to trade back twice, and end up somewhere in that range.

Think about it, with all of these defensive players receiving allnof the hype, you can easily get an offensive player at 15 that in any other draft would be a top 10 talent.

It reminds me of last year woth the Chargers staying patient and having Derwin James fall right in their lap. In any other year he would have been a top 5 talent, but given all of the QB's drafted and surprise picks in the top 5 like Denzel Ward, the Chargers got a top 5 talent on the middle of the 1st round. 

Someone is going tonget an absolute steel in the mid 1st round this upcoming Thursday. 

7 hours ago, T0mShane said:

1. Next year’s first round picks are going to be more valuable than picks in this first round because there are only three really good players in this first round. In fact, the savvy/ballsy/genius move is to trade down in exchange for a first in 2021, which will be the Trevor Lawrence draft, when half the teams in the league will be flagrantly tanking games. 

2. Ultimately, it doesn’t really matter what Macc does because he sucks and the franchise isn’t going to move forward until he’s replaced by Heimerdinger or someone else. 

3. The generous caveat to point 3 being this: the Jets drafted humble, non-confrontational weaklings as a concession to Bowles being afraid of strong personalities. Does this change with Gase as head coach? If we draft Quinnen Williams who, by all accounts, is a nice kid and the de facto BPA, it would indicate that nothing has changed and the organization is stuck in quicksand. But if they took a chance on Oliver or traded out for Montez Sweat, it’d mark a shift in philosophy, imo.

4. Maccagnan is a dead man walking and is boxed in from all sides. He’s got two extremely prideful coaches who won’t be afraid to knife him, he’s got a temp owner who has to be aware of the dollars he’s wasted on a string of losing seasons, and he’s got a pack of young, technocratic personnel guys ready to stage a coup if/when the team is sub-.500 again. Add in the increasingly adversarial relationship the Jets are creating among the beat writers, and Macc won’t find help from his usual propagandists, either. And the big factor is that there’s a solid chance Woody Johnson returns from helping to deliver the UK over to Elizabeth Hurley's control, and even that dolt is going to wonder why nothing has changed since he’s been exiled. 

:rolleyes:

5 hours ago, Warfish said:

Yes.  Anderson/Enunwa/Crowder is objectively a ~20-25 rank'ed WR corp. in the current NFL.  

Then we can agree to disagree on the need for additional offensive skill players and the evaluation of our existing talent. 

In my view, only Bell is a "sure thing" reliable top-tier weapon amongst the current group.  Herndon is an unknown long-term as yet, Enunwa is far too unreliable, Anderson is a limited-talent one-trick pony in my view and more a nice-to-have #3 than a reliable #1.  Crowder is good enough, Montgomery a decent backup to Bell.  Of this group, only Bell scares anyone in the modern NFL.   

A team so clearly without a legit #1 WR, and with an unreliable health #2 WR, and fielding a 2nd year QB with a meh (as of today) O-line....could use more weapons.

Again, I should be very clear, this is my personal preference (one of a number of preferred options focussing on Offense).  I do not believe for a second this will actually happen, so there is little point arguing about it.  I fully expect us to stand pat and draft Defense.

I agree with most of you're points but I feel the addition of a true number 1 WR would propel this group simply because a guy like Bell is in the Mix. Question is where do we get that Number 1 :) since I'm not sure hes in this draft or if we are even looking at drafting a number 1 type guy this year

8 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Like when he traded Richardson for a 2nd or when he traded for our franchise QB?

Macc has made very good trades.. It's his draft picks that are a problem.

Value chart wise Macc gets hammered in both directions. Trading down or up. Stand by my post.

That would be a Bobby Beathard type of draft. He’d often get out of the 1st round completely and load up on extra picks. In those days high first rounders were a lot more expensive and teams didn’t even want to be at the top of the draft like top 5. 

Archived