Josh Gordon reinstated

Thinker

So this dude voluntarily leaves the team, shortly thereafter gets "suspended", then gets reinstated the following preseason...effectively serving a "0" game suspension.

Nice work Goodell.

I wonder when ole Krafty boyz suspension for getting illegal rub and tugs is going to come down - maybe for the Red Sox 2020 exhibition season?

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Meanwhile Chris Herndon gets 4 games for a freakin DUI

Dude.

Chris Herndon should be on his knees every night thanking God he didn’t kill whoever was in that car he broadsided.

4 games is nothing compared to the nightmare his life could’ve become, and what could’ve become of those people in the other vehicle.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 2

4 hours ago, slats said:

The guy's issue is weed. Shouldn't even be a banned substance by the NFL and almost certainly won't be with the next CBA. Sucks that he's talented and a Cheat, but let the guy play. 

Josh Gordon is a serious alcoholic who admitted drinking shots before games.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, jgb said:

Josh Gordon is a serious alcoholic who admitted drinking shots before games.

Drinking and driving is horrible.

Nothing wrong with drinking and playing football though.  I do it most Thanksgivings.

Plus that was in Cleveland.  You'd drink during the day too if you lived in Cleveland. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

44 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Drinking and driving is horrible.

Nothing wrong with drinking and playing football though.  I do it most Thanksgivings.

Plus that was in Cleveland.  You'd drink during the day too if you lived in Cleveland. 

Just pointing out that his problems cannot be neatly summarized as “just weed.”

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, jgb said:

Just pointing out that his problems cannot be neatly summarized as “just weed.”

Weed is the sole cause of his repeated suspensions, though. Not surprising that he likes to get high in other ways. 

The Patriots have no experience outside of Edelman & a whole bunch of question marks, Gronk retired, Watson is suspended, its important for Goodell to keep the Patriots gravy train running as long as he can. New England is a HUGE MARKET for the NFL. How does a guy who WALKED AWAY from the team, not serve some type of suspension this year? 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

15 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

Dude.

Chris Herndon should be on his knees every night thanking God he didn’t kill whoever was in that car he broadsided.

4 games is nothing compared to the nightmare his life could’ve become, and what could’ve become of those people in the other vehicle.

How do you know he isn't?

But then again, Chris Herndon is the only player in NFL history to get in a car accident while DUI. Maybe he should just be banned for life?  Maybe anyone caught DUI should just receive summary roadside non-judicial execution? Will that work for you?

20190817_153437.thumb.jpg.408731ba05571a0660de209700e231a4.jpg

5 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

How do you know he isn't?

But then again, Chris Herndon is the only player in NFL history to get in a car accident while DUI. Maybe he should just be banned for life?  Maybe anyone caught DUI should just receive summary roadside non-judicial execution? Will that work for you?

20190817_153437.thumb.jpg.408731ba05571a0660de209700e231a4.jpg

C’mon man...

Go back and look at the post I was responding to though with that quote.

The guy was complaining about Gordon being reinstated, and when he complained about “Herndon getting for games for a freaking DWI”, it read like the guy got pulled over on an empty street by a bored cop at 2am with a few beers in him.

Herndon was going 100mph and broadsided another vehicle. He was lucky that dwi didn’t end up vehicular manslaughter..

you are probably right when you say Herndon is probably very remorseful and thankful, and is probably accepting his punishment like a man, at least I hope so. It just ticked me off the way the other poster made light of the situation.

Trust me. I’m no angel, and I don’t judge a man when he falls. I judge him on how he picks himself up.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, 14 in Green said:

C’mon man...

Go back and look at the post I was responding to though with that quote.

The guy was complaining about Gordon being reinstated, and when he complained about “Herndon getting for games for a freaking DWI”, it read like the guy got pulled over on an empty street by a bored cop at 2am with a few beers in him.

Herndon was going 100mph and broadsided another vehicle. He was lucky that dwi didn’t end up vehicular manslaughter..

you are probably right when you say Herndon is probably very remorseful and thankful, and is probably accepting his punishment like a man, at least I hope so. It just ticked me off the way the other poster made light of the situation.

Trust me. I’m no angel, and I don’t judge a man when he falls. I judge him on how he picks himself up.

Were you aware that Serena William's recently killed an elderly man in an MVC in Palm Beach Gardens when she blew a red light while texting? Zero response from Media, WTA, or any other outlet. Not one real repercussion at all. Is that different? 

I know, we're on the same side here. Just thought I'd put that info on the interwebs for people to contemplate. 

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Were you aware that Serena William's recently killed an elderly man in an MVC in Palm Beach Gardens when she blew a red light while texting? Zero response from Media, WTA, or any other outlet. Not one real repercussion at all. Is that different? 

I know, we're on the same side here. Just thought I'd put that info on the interwebs for people to contemplate. 

It was Venus Williams.  Maybe that's why no one cared.  

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/tennis/venus-williams-settles-wrongful-death-lawsuit-florida-jerome-barson-a8644256.html

9 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Ah yes, you're correct. Friend of mine worked that accident.  Said it was Serena lol. But that story is BS. Said the Williams sis blew a light and cops on scene were going to cite her for failure to yield, disobeying traffic device, and texting while operating a vehicle. Guess that all went away. 

I find it curious when posters project what MIGHT have happened as what actually did happen. 

Herndon was totally wrong but by happenstance, he actually DIDN’T kill anyone. 

If he did, it would be a different story. 

But he didn’t so can we stop treating him like a manslaughterer?

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

56 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Ah yes, you're correct. Friend of mine worked that accident.  Said it was Serena lol. But that story is BS. Said the Williams sis blew a light and cops on scene were going to cite her for failure to yield, disobeying traffic device, and texting while operating a vehicle. Guess that all went away. 

stories like this... grrr

first ive heard of it, too. Which angers me even more.

• Upvote 1

On 8/16/2019 at 8:19 PM, Greenbloodblitz said:

One way or another he's going to do 4 games this year or 4 games next year right? Either way we all know it's going to happen so what the hell is the Panic for?

No 4 games. 

He’s eligible to play week 1. 

Weird that he isn’t getting a suspension. 

He voluntarily quit last year so why wouldn’t he get 4 games this year?

8 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

stories like this... grrr

first ive heard of it, too. Which angers me even more.

Money is power. No one is "equal" in this country until everyone is treated the same way. Just look at the people in our own Congress. Powerful people got Jeffery Epstein freed years ago to continue abusing little girls. Our forefathers are rolling in their graves. 

22 hours ago, slats said:

Weed is the sole cause of his repeated suspensions, though. Not surprising that he likes to get high in other ways. 

He was suspended by the league for all of 2015 for booze:

2015: Gordon was suspended the entire 2015 season due to another violation (alcohol) of the league’s substance abuse policy.”

He was also suspended by the Browns for getting blackout drunk on a Friday night and sleeping through the Saturday walkthrough and he got a DUI in my hometown (Raleigh), although I think that was when he was “indefinitely suspended” already.

This article lays out a timeline of his issues: 

https://www.boston.com/sports/new-england-patriots/2018/09/18/josh-gordon-drugs-suspension-timeline

Reading this article really lays out that his problems run very deep and this is a guy with a severe substance abuse problem. Those guys need a rock bottom before they get serious about change. 

If it would help, I’d be all for letting him smoke weed if it keeps him away from everything else but in my experience with addicts that wouldn’t help. There is no such thing as moderation with such an extreme addictive personality. Clean living probably his only realistic choice. I wish him luck to beat the odds. Addiction is a terrible disease and it’s a walking death for people who love and care about the sufferer.

On 8/16/2019 at 11:37 PM, 14 in Green said:

Dude.

If you don’t think Gordon has ever driven drunk and/or high I got some Bernie Madoff mutual funds to sell you

On 8/17/2019 at 10:24 PM, Peace Frog said:

I find it curious when posters project what MIGHT have happened as what actually did happen. 

Herndon was totally wrong but by happenstance, he actually DIDN’T kill anyone. 

If he did, it would be a different story. 

But he didn’t so can we stop treating him like a manslaughterer?

Herndon gets DUI - 4 games

Tyreek Hill beats his kid so bad he breaks his arm - 0 games

Josh Gordon 52nd time getting caught with weed - reinstatement 

Sounds fair 

10 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Herndon gets DUI - 4 games

Tyreek Hill beats his kid so bad he breaks his arm - 0 games

Josh Gordon 52nd time getting caught with weed - reinstatement 

Sounds fair 

You missed my point. 

Herndon got busted for DUI, NOT for vehicular manslaughter. 

But folks here say he DESERVES the 4 games, in fact should be THANKFUL for 4 games because he COULD have killed someone. 

Guess what. He DIDN’T kill anyone. Damage and possibly an injury but treating his DUI as anything more than a DUI is silly. 

If he killed someone, sure, throw the book at him. 

He was stupid but also lucky that he didn’t kill anyone. Let’s not treat him like he did just because he COULD have. 

Two games is all he deserves. 

• Thumb Down 1

Actually, what folks (meaning me) are doing is replying to people who are complaining about Herndon getting "4 freaking games for a freaking DWI" when Gordon is being reinstated.

The point was that despite what people think about the number of games Herndon got, it is foolish to make it sound like Herndon was pulled over, and found to be slightly over the limit. He was way over, going about 100mph, and broadsided another moving vehicle. It could have been a lot worse then what it was, and Herndon should be thankful. He probably is.

It's typical that the judge and jury here has decided to deflect, stating "Gordon has probably driven drunk also" or state with certainty "Herndon deserves two games." Like either have a clue what they're talking about. :dohslap: Good on Herndon for accepting the ruling. Hopefully its something he learns from, he's doing all the right things so far, and I respect that.

.LMAO It's hysterical how the mommy's here act out when they think one of their children have been wronged. Take a cue from the player here. He's manning up. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

If you don’t think Gordon has ever driven drunk and/or high I got some Bernie Madoff mutual funds to sell you

What does this have to do with Herndon? 

If I had to guess, I'd say Gordon probably has driven drunk or high, but guess what? That's only my opinion, and as far as I know, the courts do not charge or convict anyone for "might've or possibly driving while intoxicated" The NFL doesn't suspend players for what a "fan thinks they might have done" either.