Baldy on Darnold vs Falcons

4 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Come on. 

Yup. 

You know because he was under 60% comp rate. Literally that metric. And that metric only. 

Failing to acknowledge his 13 drops put him at 61%. 

Apparently he also thinks Sam has a noodle arm so take it for what it’s worth. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Yup. 

You know because he was under 60% comp rate. Literally that metric. And that metric only. 

Failing to acknowledge his 13 drops put him at 61%. 

Apparently he also thinks Sam has a noodle arm so take it for what it’s worth. 

Good stuff.   i'm as cautious as anyone about getting hopeful, but I really think this Sam Darnold guy may be the one to get us there man. Noodle arm and all. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Good stuff.   i'm as cautious as anyone about getting hopeful, but I really think this Sam Darnold guy may be the one to get us there man. Noodle arm and all. 

Yeah, I mean, until they do it, they haven’t done it, and I wanted Sanchez to be the guy, and probably have him more slack than most. But Darnold looks the part more than most do, so no reason to piss on the parade just yet.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Matt39 said:

I’ll always be in favor of increasing the odds for landing the most important position in sports over drafting a defensive tackle. It’s certainly unorthodox, but it makes some sense. I didn’t want the Jets to move on from Darnold, but the Cardinals made the right call with Murray/Rosen.

So let me get this straight, you arent saying they should move away from Darnold while praising the Cards for moving away from Rosen and not increase their odds with two QBs?

And drafting two QBs is a mindless waste of draft picks.  

Then again if you werent sure what you were watching in Darnold why would you know more watching two QBs split playing time?  

• Upvote 1

This thread is absolutely ridiculous.

As a fan group we have been through Mark Sachez, Geno Smith, Bryce Petty, Fitzpatrick, and McCown, in the last few years and apparently its really lowered the bar on how we all evaluate QB play.

Comp % alone isnt indicative of talent, every 2nd string NFL QB can hit open players - Geno even had the accuracy and arm strength to be able to hit opposite hash throws.  Elite QB play comes down to throwing accurately with anticipation, so you can complete passes to players who are "covered, and having pocket presence to avoid the rush, and Sam is already borderline elite at both of those and he is 22 (any haters please re-watch the USC-PSU rose bowl game to see this kid's raw ability).

Sam cares about being good, so he will easily master the footwork, etc. by the time he is 25 - ie the EASY things.  We should all be optimistic due to the things that he can't be taught, that he happens to already excel at....his ceiling is top 5 in the league for the next 15 years (and I wouldn't even consider trading him straight up for Baker)

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

So now your equating hackenberg to Darnold? What are the similarities you see? Also, Watson is a one read run first qb

Nah. Im saying if you have a top 3 pick and your franchise is a consistent loser, increasing the odds of finding the most important position in sports isnt a bad move. Darnold's rookie season shouldnt have convinced anyone who's being honest that he's 100% the franchise. What's the downside? Hurting a millionaire's feelings? Missing out on a defensive tackle?

3 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Who's talking about YOU? LOL. Relax.  

Lmao. Just saw your earlier comments and I know who you were talking about. You’re not too subtle, it’s me kids!

I’ll own up. Sam didn’t impress me the first half of last year, except for the first game against the Lions. After that he went into a tailspin that ended mercifully with him at what? 10 tds and 14 ints after the Miami game and “bootgate”? I thought he stunk, and I said so.

That 3 game injury/ benching was the best thing to happen to him though, because to his credit, he had 3 really good games before laying another egg (along with everyone else) in the final game.

So yeah, I wasn’t as impressed as a lot of you, and said so. I’m not walking it back either. I’m not sure he’s going to become a fqb, said that also. I also never said we should get rid of him, but I did say that I love the Jets so I want him to succeed because I want this team to win.

A couple of people here who I like asked me to lay off, and let the positive threads about Sam stay that way, so I have.  Its not because I feel differently about him. I don’t. I’m still waiting until I feel he’s the guy so many of you do, haven’t seen it yet, and all the fluff pieces haven’t changed my mind.

Hows that buddy? Did I own up enough for you? Are we cool or are you going to come back with the dumb “closet Giant fan” s**t again, which only makes me laugh, because it means I’m annoying you. Believe it or not, that’s not my deal, even when we butt heads, you’re one of the guys here I like.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Nah. Im saying if you have a top 3 pick and your franchise is a consistent loser, increasing the odds of finding the most important position in sports isnt a bad move. Darnold's rookie season shouldnt have convinced anyone who's being honest that he's 100% the franchise. What's the downside? Hurting a millionaire's feelings? Missing out on a defensive tackle?

Im just gonna assume you are trolling the site.

You think the jets should have drafted someone like Kyler Murray after Sam was the highest rated QB in the league for 1/4 of the season?  That wasn't enough to show you he has the ability to be a franchise QB?  Did you see him play in college?

Just now, Matt39 said:

Nah. Im saying if you have a top 3 pick and your franchise is a consistent loser, increasing the odds of finding the most important position in sports isnt a bad move. Darnold's rookie season shouldnt have convinced anyone who's being honest that he's 100% the franchise. What's the downside? Hurting a millionaire's feelings?

So what’s your goal, keep burning first round picks until you get a stud in his rookie year? BTW, what is Watson without Hopkins? Look at the numbers 

3 minutes ago, BCJet said:

Im just gonna assume you are trolling the site.

You think the jets should have drafted someone like Kyler Murray after Sam was the highest rated QB in the league for 1/4 of the season?  That wasn't enough to show you he has the ability to be a franchise QB?  Did you see him play in college?

They didn’t have a chance to draft Murray. He went 1 overall. 2 picks higher than Darnold went. 

The Jets haven’t won a Super Bowl in 50 years. Sam Darnold’s 13 games (benched for 4) shouldn’t have prevented them from taking a QB they may have liked. Taking a QB until you find one is the only solution. 

4 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

So what’s your goal, keep burning first round picks until you get a stud in his rookie year? BTW, what is Watson without Hopkins? Look at the numbers 

With this ownership? You absolutely draft QB’s until you find a top 5 guy to hopefully compensate for the inevitable bad decisions. The top 5 QB is only thing that can overcome weak ownership.

9 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

They didn’t have a chance to draft Murray. He went 1 overall. 2 picks higher than Darnold went. 

The Jets haven’t won a Super Bowl in 50 years. Sam Darnold’s 13 games (benched for 4) shouldn’t have prevented them from taking a QB they may have liked. Taking a QB until you find one is the only solution. 

7 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

With this ownership? You absolutely draft QB’s until you find a top 5 guy to hopefully compensate for the inevitable bad decisions. The top 5 QB is only thing that can overcome weak ownership.

Wow. 

3 hours ago, Matt39 said:

The Jets have a Top 3 QB in Sam.

• Upvote 1

Have we ever had a QB that could throw that back shoulder like that back shoulder to Robby.  

That play alone will bring Robbie to the next level.

Corner back will always have that in the back of his.mind, and will get beat deep more often, demanding over the top coverage.

Will be a huge play for the Jets in more ways than one!

14 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Why? The Jets didnt draft Mahomes or Watson because of Hackenberg. 

You have no idea that this is true.  No one does.  They didn't like them enough at 6. Most didn't.  They were wrong, doesn't change whthat they weren't drafted.

And of course it has nothing to do with drafting another first round QB after trading assets to move to the 3rd spot to draft a QB, getting the QB almost all considered the best QB in the draft and in years and then using another 1 on another QB.  Just for the f of it. 

Not even close to the same thing. 

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

Lol you know you’ve exposed yourself as a troll when you refer to his injury as being a benching. Did you not see him go into the locker room vs Buffalo after re-aggravating the ankle? Whatever, you’ve got about a month left of of this crap until Darnold blows up the league . 

• Upvote 3