Do not open this post if you hate tiresome amateur roster analyses

11 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Players with Roster Spots Locked up or Essentially Locked Up (40)

• QB: (2) Darnold, Simien
  • RB: (3) Bell, Montgomery, Cannon
  • WR: (4) Anderson Enunwa, Crowder, Bellamy
  • TE: (3) Brown, Griffin, Wesco (Herndon Suspended)
  • OL: (8) Beachum, Osemele, Kalil, WInters, Shell, Edoga, Compton, Harrison
  • DL: (5) L Williams, Q Williams, McLendon, Anderson, Kaufusi
  • OLB: (3)  Jenkins, Luvu, Polite (Copeland Suspended)
  • ILB: (3) CJ Mosley, Hewitt, Cashman
  • CB: (3) Johnson, Roberts, Poole
  • S: (3) Adams, Maye, Miles
  • ST: (3) Bertolet, Edwards, Hennessey

OPEN SPOTS REMAINING: 13

• RB 4: Bilal Powell, Elijah McGuire
  • WRs 5 & 6 : Deontay Burnett, Deonte Thompson, Greg Dortch, Charone Peake, Quincy Adeboyoje
  • OL 9: Alex Lewis, Eric Smith, Ben Braden
  • DL 6:  Foley Fatukasi, Nathan Shepard, Kyle Phillps
  • OLB 4:  Harvey Lang, Tarrell Basham
  • ILB 4: James Burgess, Anthony Wint, Albert McClellan
  • CB: 4, 5, & 6: Kyron Brown, Alex Brown, Parry Nickerson,  Arthur Maulet, Tevaughn Campbell, Mark Myers
  • S: 4: Brandon Bryant, Doug Middleton, Godwin Igwiebuike, Derrick Kindred
  • Best Available Player 1:  3rd QB, Kick Returner, 7th DL, 9th LB, extra DB
  • Best Available Player 2: 3rd QB, Kick Returner, 7th DL, 9th LB, extra DB

post title of the year contender!

• Upvote 1

This regime did not sign Bellamy and he has had almost no play. I would put him in the likely to get released category way more so than the locked up a roster spot you have. Don't get that one.

Dortch is FAR more of a lock than Bellamy. He made the team yesterday.

I also do not think Kalil is a lock to make the team. At all. He didnt play last night and they started up the "Jonnatthan" has been great hype again.

As thin as the roster is, it will only get better with LOTS of draft picks. Jets should be talking trades for Leo and Siemian. 

Falk has really been coming on. He fits the offense better, I can definitely see a Siemian trade and Falk being #2. Jets will not carry 3 QBs with this roster.

If you put Cannon as Special Teams/RB4 I think RB3 is actually not on the team. 

• Upvote 2

Thanks for the post as always  Sarge4Tide .  I still question if Winters makes this team with his injury history and salary.   Also starting to wonder about Kalil as JohnnySD just mentioned. Maybe they are just taking it slow, but I believe he has $8 million salary and if he can't put the weight back on or  maybe isn't a clear upgrade over Harrison anymore they put that money to other uses.  I figured he was gonna play at least a series or 2 last night . 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Players with Roster Spots Locked up or Essentially Locked Up (40)

• QB: (2) Darnold, Simien
  • RB: (3) Bell, Montgomery, Cannon
  • WR: (4) Anderson Enunwa, Crowder, Bellamy
  • TE: (3) Brown, Griffin, Wesco (Herndon Suspended)
  • OL: (8) Beachum, Osemele, Kalil, WInters, Shell, Edoga, Compton, Harrison
  • DL: (5) L Williams, Q Williams, McLendon, Anderson, Kaufusi
  • OLB: (3)  Jenkins, Luvu, Polite (Copeland Suspended)
  • ILB: (3) CJ Mosley, Hewitt, Cashman
  • CB: (3) Johnson, Roberts, Poole
  • S: (3) Adams, Maye, Miles
  • ST: (3) Bertolet, Edwards, Hennessey

OPEN SPOTS REMAINING: 13

• RB 4: Bilal Powell, Elijah McGuire
  • WRs 5 & 6 : Deontay Burnett, Deonte Thompson, Greg Dortch, Charone Peake, Quincy Adeboyoje
  • OL 9: Alex Lewis, Eric Smith, Ben Braden
  • DL 6:  Foley Fatukasi, Nathan Shepard, Kyle Phillps
  • OLB 4:  Harvey Lang, Tarrell Basham
  • ILB 4: James Burgess, Anthony Wint, Albert McClellan
  • CB: 4, 5, & 6: Kyron Brown, Alex Brown, Parry Nickerson,  Arthur Maulet, Tevaughn Campbell, Mark Myers
  • S: 4: Brandon Bryant, Doug Middleton, Godwin Igwiebuike, Derrick Kindred
  • Best Available Player 1:  3rd QB, Kick Returner, 7th DL, 9th LB, extra DB
  • Best Available Player 2: 3rd QB, Kick Returner, 7th DL, 9th LB, extra DB

Not taking any chances?  You are not even ofering up a scenario where someone can offer Tomlinson a roster spot.  You are also missing Stephone Anthony who could take one of the LB spots.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, johnnysd said:

This regime did not sign Bellamy and he has had almost no play. I would put him in the likely to get released category way more so than the locked up a roster spot you have. Don't get that one.

Dortch is FAR more of a lock than Bellamy. He made the team yesterday.

I also do not think Kalil is a lock to make the team. At all. He didnt play last night and they started up the "Jonnatthan" has been great hype again.

As thin as the roster is, it will only get better with LOTS of draft picks. Jets should be talking trades for Leo and Siemian. 

Falk has really been coming on. He fits the offense better, I can definitely see a Siemian trade and Falk being #2. Jets will not carry 3 QBs with this roster.

If you put Cannon as Special Teams/RB4 I think RB3 is actually not on the team. 

I said when they signed him that he will take a few weeks before he hits the field.  He needs to know the playbook inside and out.

56 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

Was talking to a friend of mine. He almost kind of has to. Neither Montgomery nor Cannon nor McGuire can fill that power runner role if Bell is hurt. So Cannon or McGuire are out...

Montgomery did for a year in GB so not sure where you got that info. 

6 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

are we talking about the same guy? you know the one who's never had more then 77 rushes in a season?

Yes because he didnt take over the full time duties until late 2016. And GB was only running it 20 times a game. He carried the load they just run a lot of 5 wr sets in GB. Then lost the job in 2017 with the injuries... Look not saying he is ideal but he carried the load. I think Cannon and McGuire could as well. That said I still think Powell makes the team and McGuire gets cut... 

1 minute ago, Skeptable said:

Yes because he didnt take over the full time duties until late 2016. And GB was only running it 20 times a game. He carried the load they just run a lot of 5 wr sets in GB. Then lost the job in 2017 with the injuries... Look not saying he is ideal but he carried the load. I think Cannon and McGuire could as well. That said I still think Powell makes the team and McGuire gets cut... 

what the crap are you talking about man?

his carries by game (late 2016)....6,9,16,9,8....Christine Michael had more carries in most of those games!

so no, he didn't carry the load...and is not capable of it.

Nice job.

Dortch is going to make the team. He looks great on PR. 

The RB 3 spot is going to be interesting. McGuire is going to get cut. Powell may get it because of his veteran presence. JD talks about the team needing to be a mix of young guys and solid veterans. But Powell is by no means a lock. 

Not sure Bertelot is a lock. He helped his case yesterday. But if a more reliable kicker gets cut, I could see him getting cut. 

4 hours ago, johnnysd said:

I would guess Gase/Loggains had more to do with the Bellamy signing than Macc. Same with a guy like Brown TE.