the diminished mental capacity of the Board

jetstream23

Just now, BurnleyJet said:

The Jets being very sh*t is not a one off, it’s every season.

Exactly. So why do fans keep setting themselves up with high expectations only to feel like sh*t two weeks in? I mentioned before the year that the expectations were starting to come down.

And then the injuries happened. And you can't really blame anybody for injuries (Avery aside) And you can't predict injuries

• Thumb Down 1

15 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Exactly. So why do fans keep setting themselves up with high expectations only to feel like sh*t two weeks in? I mentioned before the year that the expectations were starting to come down.

And then the injuries happened. And you can't really blame anybody for injuries (Avery aside) And you can't predict injuries

I hope we don’t ever meet.

• Post of the Week 2

On ‎9‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 9:05 PM, jetstream23 said:

everything is the end of the world.  ....If you lose a home game by 1 point it's time to fire the Coach and cut the QB

we have posters more interested in being right about the 1 out of 35 things they said 6 months ago than having an honest discussion

A mix of uneducated buffoons, arm chair GMs and PFF reading experts is a recipe for disaster thread after thread following a bad loss

for me, I think of the Jerry Springer show...but like about sports or something with endless Reply buttons

I'm hoping that time, maybe a calm walk through the forest with Jeremy Bates, a nice cold adult beverage, or some time with the gf/wife who some of our posters can't seem to watch football with will help.

but....probably not.

on to the next disaster!

#IsThisTheFireGaseThread  #IsThisTheCutDarnoldThread  #AmIAtTheRightThreadToSayFireDouglas  #WhatButtonDoIClickToBlameMaccagnan  #CanIRemindEveryoneThatBakerIsBetterInThisThread  #AmIDoingThisComplainingThingCorrectly?

..here ya go -

free-hugs.jpg?fbclid=IwAR1cjZoUgWWu5kBvN

On 9/11/2019 at 8:05 PM, jetstream23 said:

everything is the end of the world.  ....If you lose a home game by 1 point it's time to fire the Coach and cut the QB

we have posters more interested in being right about the 1 out of 35 things they said 6 months ago than having an honest discussion

A mix of uneducated buffoons, arm chair GMs and PFF reading experts is a recipe for disaster thread after thread following a bad loss

for me, I think of the Jerry Springer show...but like about sports or something with endless Reply buttons

I'm hoping that time, maybe a calm walk through the forest with Jeremy Bates, a nice cold adult beverage, or some time with the gf/wife who some of our posters can't seem to watch football with will help.

but....probably not.

on to the next disaster!

#IsThisTheFireGaseThread  #IsThisTheCutDarnoldThread  #AmIAtTheRightThreadToSayFireDouglas  #WhatButtonDoIClickToBlameMaccagnan  #CanIRemindEveryoneThatBakerIsBetterInThisThread  #AmIDoingThisComplainingThingCorrectly?

I will take the exact opposite position on this one. 

The insanity on this board is not a sign of diminshed mental capacity.  It is a sign of mental health.  Part of the service Max provides, giving Jet fans a place to vent, to let out our frustrations.  We can all have our "mad as hell and I am not going to take it anymore" moments.  But we get to do it right here.  Online. With our fellow fans.

A less healthy or well-adjusted fan might take out their frustrations by venting to the wife (who in  my case does not give a sh*t), yelling at the kids, (but why take it out on them), or kicking the dog (but what did that cute little guy do).  

Instead, Max gives us a forum to vent to other like minded, fans.  Lets face it, those of us on this site are not your normal Sunday afternoon fans.  We invest a lot more time and money in this team than most.  We need a release.  JN provides that release.  Crazy stuff on the board these days.  Ridiculous threads up and down the forum.  Absolutely.  But it helps keep us sane for the real world.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 3

1 minute ago, TNJet said:

No need. I predict a Browns victory too...On Monday btw.

If Browns don't win, Kitchens should be fired Tuesday. Never should've been hired anyway. John Dorsey made a rare bad move, likely because his ego preferred a puppet over someone who would push back. 

• Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, jgb said:

If Browns don't win, Kitchens should be fired Tuesday. Never should've been hired anyway. John Dorsey made a rare bad move, likely because his ego preferred a puppet over someone who would push back. 

So either Kitchens or Gase gets fired Tuesday morning. 

No over reaction here. 

• Haha 1

So on reflection, the board seems ok with their assessment of the 2019 New York Jets. The only diminished mental capacity seems to be coming from the franchise and players. 

I still can’t believe the QB is out with tonsil tennis. This is butt fumble level stupid. Have we identified the skank yet?

Also does she/He have a New England accent?

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

So on reflection, the board seems ok with their assessment of the 2019 New York Jets. The only diminished mental capacity seems to be coming from the franchise and players. 

I still can’t believe the QB is out with tonsil tennis. This is butt fumble level stupid. Have we identified the skank yet?

Also does she/He have a New England accent?

I've seen some of those usc skanks. Wowsers, I'll take some tonsil tennis for some of those blondes. Lol

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Mental Capacity...New York Jets Front Office...finally draft a Franchise QB who falls in your lap after you almost completely F it up...woohoo....draft a DT with the #3 pick following year even though you already have two starting caliber DT’s on your roster...this will help your new Franchise QB’s confidence and development 

• Upvote 3
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Mental Capacity...New York Jets Front Office...finally draft a Franchise QB who falls in your lap after you almost completely F it up...woohoo....draft a DT with the #3 pick following year even though you already have two starting caliber DT’s on your roster...this will help your new Franchise QB’s confidence and development 

Not to mention, the very next pick after we took Sam Darnold was Nathan f**king Shepherd.  

• Upvote 2