We are still going to the playoffs

JohnnyLV

5 hours ago, jgb said:

Got concussed and played Pats’ elite D tougher than anyone has yet this year. 

This could be a very premature victory lap.

Allen leads the league in INTs and has by far the lowest passer rating of any starting QB.  He is not good.  He’s Mark Sanchez to an elite Bills Defense.

6 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Allen leads the league in INTs and has by far the lowest passer rating of any starting QB.  He is not good.  He’s Mark Sanchez to an elite Bills Defense.

So we're ready to say he sucks based on about the same number of games that we're ready to crown Darnold. Gotcha.

8 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

You must have me mistaken as someone crowning Darnold.

But yes, I’m comfortable saying Allen sucks today.

You're better than the pro scouts. So you've seen Darnold play the same amount of games approximately, what's your conclusion on him, then?

10 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Would you rather have Allen or Daniel Jones today? 

Ohhhhhhhhh... that's an enticing question. The answer is I don't know. Gun to my head? I'd probably say Daniel Jones but that's just to blurt a name to save my own ass.

38 minutes ago, jgb said:

You're better than the pro scouts. So you've seen Darnold play the same amount of games approximately, what's your conclusion on him, then?

Inconclusive.  I don’t see an elite QB, but I also see a floor at above average.

I wouldn’t have drafted Allen in round 1.

5 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Inconclusive.  I don’t see an elite QB, but I also see a floor at above average.

I wouldn’t have drafted Allen in round 1.

Sounds like you're basing your analysis on Allen based on what you saw in college, which is fair, but he's also inconclusive imho.

Just now, jgb said:

Sounds like you're basing your analysis on Allen based on what you saw in college, which is far, but he's also inconclusive imho.

That’s fine.  Anything can happen in the future.  But today, I am comfortable with my ‘decision’ not to draft Allen.  I’m including college in so far as he looks like the exact same player in the NFL as he did in college.  I’d be more inconclusive if there was some evidence of a struggle to transition to the pro game or some reason to think the college struggles weren’t the reality.  That doesn’t seem to be the case at present.  Rather, I think you’re seeing a big, strong, guy with the best “weapinzzzzz” he’s ever had, still struggling to complete passes, and turning the ball over at an alarming rate.

5 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

This is why I mentioned college/draft.

Cool, well I don't follow much college ball, and certainly not Univ. of Wyoming but I've seen some wow moments from Allen and also from Darnold. And plenty of head scratchers, too. I think jury out on both.

13 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Pro tip: nobody watched Josh Allen in college.

So glad you joined this conversation to create ambiguity where there was none. The guy I'm talking to is following along just fine. I don't come here to discuss semantics so  kindly understand if I don't respond unless you make a football point.

19 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

That’s fine.  Anything can happen in the future.  But today, I am comfortable with my ‘decision’ not to draft Allen.  I’m including college in so far as he looks like the exact same player in the NFL as he did in college.  I’d be more inconclusive if there was some evidence of a struggle to transition to the pro game or some reason to think the college struggles weren’t the reality.  That doesn’t seem to be the case at present.  Rather, I think you’re seeing a big, strong, guy with the best “weapinzzzzz” he’s ever had, still struggling to complete passes, and turning the ball over at an alarming rate.

You had it Darnold, Baker, Rosen, Allen in that order? Where did Jackson slot in for you?

FWIW, I had Baker, Darnold, Allen, Jackson, [every other eligible QB], Rosen.

21 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The Teddy Bridgewater Saints just beat the Cowboys and the Bucs just beat the Rams, so why can't the Jets beat the Eagles?

SAR I

Yeah SAR!!!!  Eagles secondary is one of the worst in the league.  Its swiss cheese. We should easily score 25 plus if darnold is back.  No excuses!!  Lets get the darnold good news and get back to work this week.

1 hour ago, jgb said:

You had it Darnold, Baker, Rosen, Allen in that order? Where did Jackson slot in for you?

FWIW, I had Baker, Darnold, Allen, Jackson, [every other eligible QB], Rosen.

I'm not actually a huge CFB guy.  I read up on some of the top guys that may have a possibility to become Jets.  I wanted Darnold or Rosen, but could have also been sold on Baker.  I was a bit lower on Baker due to his size.  Admittedly, I liked Rosen more than I probably should have.  I still would like to see him play for a team that isn't a complete disaster, but I'd guess he's pretty much toast at this point as Miami will probably keep him around and draft a QB at #1 this year.  As for Jackson, I was intrigued, but since I was pretty sure there was no way were were going to give him serious consideration, I didn't read/watch much.  I simply did not want Allen because he was wildly inaccurate.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

I'm not actually a huge CFB guy.  I read up on some of the top guys that may have a possibility to become Jets.  I wanted Darnold or Rosen, but could have also been sold on Baker.  I was a bit lower on Baker due to his size.  Admittedly, I liked Rosen more than I probably should have.  I still would like to see him play for a team that isn't a complete, but I'd guess he's pretty much toast at this point as Miami will probably keep him around and draft a QB at #1 this year.  As for Jackson, I was intrigued, but since I was pretty sure there was no way were were going to give him serious consideration, I didn't read/watch much.  I simply did not want Allen because he was wildly inaccurate.

Don't think Allen ever had a chance to be a Jet. Macc probably saw a rich man's Hackenberg. If Jints went Darnold, I think we'd be trying to convince ourselves right now that Rosen could succeed with a good line and better weaponz... Glad we dodged that bullet.

3 minutes ago, jgb said:

Don't think Allen ever had a chance to be a Jet. Macc probably saw a rich man's Hackenberg. If Jints went Darnold, I think we'd be trying to convince ourselves that Rosen could succeed with a good line and better weaponz... Glad we dodged that bullet.

Macc never did anything to convince me he wouldn't make the worst possible decision and hey, maybe the Jets saw something in Rosen that I didn't.  Regardless, I'm glad to have Darnold, because even though I am not sold on him, I think his floor is pretty high, and I think he'll be pretty good, at least, if we ever put even adequate talent around him.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Macc never did anything to convince me he wouldn't make the worst possible decision and hey, maybe the Jets saw something in Rosen that I didn't.  Regardless, I'm glad to have Darnold, because even though I am not sold on him, I think his floor is pretty high, and I think he'll be pretty good, at least, if we ever put even adequate talent around him.

Darnold is infinitely better than Rosen, whose ceiling is--I believe--Mark Sanchez.

3 hours ago, TeddEY said:

Anyway, can we get back to the point of this thread?

There is no ******* way the Jets are making the playoffs.

With this morning's pessimistic news on Sam Spleen, its not looking likely.  Which is a shame because next year is even harder:

winnow.jpg

Home schedule is about the same level of difficulty, but the Road schedule is brutal.  4 trips out West.  At the Seahawks, at the Chiefs, 2 games in the new LA stadium against potent offenses.  2021 looks pretty good though. 

SAR I

With the first overall pick in the 2020 NFL draft, the New York Jets select Defensive Tackle Piere Patiatowski out of South West Missouri State. 

Positives- Has the ability to get A bull rush up the middle and is stout against the run. He is highly considered the best defensive player in the draft. 

Negatives- He's a 28 year old 5th year Sr. 

• Haha 1