We are still going to the playoffs

JohnnyLV

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

At the time Chad Pennington was rushed into service, he had shown nothing, this was still Testaverde's team.  Darnold is in his second full season.  He's very young, but he's got ability, certainly more ability than Pennington ever had and he turned 1-4 into a division title.

SAR I

Chad won the division at 9-7.  The Pats are winning more than 9 games.  Heck, the Bills might too.  I will agree that Darnold has way more upside than Chad though.

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

Says who? 

The Jets haven't lost to the Dallas Cowboys in 12 years.  We've seen lesser Jets teams upset an overconfident team in their own division many times.  Those games aren't automatic losses with Darnold and Mosley back where they belong.

SAR I

Yes they are the oline won't magically get better the cornerbacks won't magically get better. Darnold is coming back from mono he has lost weight fatigue will a issue. You act like when darnold comes in he magically will play like mahomes 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Mastenpark said:

Damn you mad bro. Calm down. We all know the Jets have not be relavant since 2000. Lost 4 Superbowl but won 4 AFC championship and still considered on of the best teams of the 90's. What decade did the Jets ever dominate.

Foolish Jet bums though they were going somewhere this year. WORST TEAM in the league. YES worst than the Dolphins cause at least the Dolphins are trying to tank. Jets got more holes than a drive by shooting

WOW 

39 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

That makes no sense.  Right now u need 3 wins to be in a playoff spot.  We have zero.  Ur logic assumes we would have won when we had a bye and these other teams would have lost.

I guess you can say we are 2 1/2 games out.  Which in essence is 3 cause u have to win 3 games.

Not only that lol... He keeps chalking up the Bills game as a win lolololol

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Dcronin said:

It is very likely this team goes 0-16. VERY likely. They can't get first downs. They can't stop offenses. The season is over, and 1 win is nowhere in sight. Still going to the playoffs is crack-addled fantasy.

Nah, they play some really bad teams in the second half. We will win at least 2. 

11 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Chad won the division at 9-7.  The Pats are winning more than 9 games.  Heck, the Bills might too.  I will agree that Darnold has way more upside than Chad though.

Considering the Bills have 6 upcoming opponents with current combined records of 1-28, 9 or 10 wins would be a disappointment.  The rest of the 5 teams aren't unbeatable either.

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

So when sam darnold returns next week, you are saying he is on the same level as 2002 chad pennington and 7 year vet andrew luck.

Cause that is what he will need to be to pull off what u r saying.

You're the one who predicted that Sam Darnold would return this week and crush the Eagles, so you tell me.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, 1ManRaid said:

Easiest schedule?  Bills opponents going forward outside of the Pats are a combined 8-36.  6 out of their remaining 11 games combine for 1-28.

And they're already 4-1.

It's a phony 4-1 as your wins are against teams with a combined record of 4-15 and you lost hard to the one legitimate playoff team you faced.

The Bills are the Jets, just backwards.  You got off to a lucky hot start, we got off to an unlucky one.  You'll end on a lousy losing streak, we'll end on a hot streak. 

I'll say this now because I know you won't come back here in December when we've knocked you out of the playoffs:  HAHAHAHAHAHA.

Have a Happy New Year.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Jetsbaby93 said:

Yes they are the oline won't magically get better the cornerbacks won't magically get better. Darnold is coming back from mono he has lost weight fatigue will a issue. You act like when darnold comes in he magically will play like mahomes 

A legitimate NFL quarterback makes the right presnap reads, looks off linebackers, goes through his progressions, makes a decisive choice, and whips the ball downfield.  That's not Luke Falk.  But that is Sam Darnold.

And an amazing thing happens when you have a quarterback picking apart a defense like that; the defense starts playing on its heels, the pass rushers drop back into coverage, and suddenly the OL looks good.  And then the RB can start to get good yardage.  And that creates more opportunity for the passing game.

Darnold doesn't have to play like Mahomes for the Jets to mount a respectable offense.  He just has to play like Darnold.  Falk should be parking cars.  Of course the OL is going to look atrocious.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

SAR says we have andrew luck/2002 chad pennington entering the lineup next week.  Sweet!!!!!!!!

No, you said that all this past week.  You said that with Darnold back picking apart the weak Eagles D we were going to win for sure, you practically guaranteed it.

So don't back down this week.  We're the home team.  That gives Darnold an even bigger advantage.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Dcronin said:

It is very likely this team goes 0-16. VERY likely. They can't get first downs. They can't stop offenses. The season is over, and 1 win is nowhere in sight. Still going to the playoffs is crack-addled fantasy.

We said the same thing in 2002.  The Dolphins fans said the same thing in 2017.  The Colts fans said the same thing last year.

Yet every season there is a team that looks atrocious in October that makes the playoffs in January.  Happens every year.  So this year it's us.  Of all the teams in our predicament, we're the one with the most upside.  Playing a third-string quarterback who should be washing cars can do that.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

It will be hysterical to hear the 234 excuses SAR will have when we win 4 or 5 games.  

And then, he wil spout all offseason how we will win the division next year.

Its so predictable.  Its going to be hysterical.

What I take comfort in is knowing that on the day the Jets win the Super Bowl you will be miserable.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Atj21 said:

Please Powers that run this site please please sticky this thread. I want to visit it early and often as the dimentia continues with SAR. I wouldn't even be here if not for this nut. Thank you! 

The powers that run the site give me clickstream revenue for every new member that joins JN and follows me.  So, thank you.  You just bought my three BMW's a tank of gas.  Each.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 1ManRaid said:

You didn't have the 5-0 Pats and 4-1 Bills already 5/4 games up on you for the division race.  You ain't catching up to BOTH teams.

The Jets can't win the division, Sam Spleen has seen to that.

But the wildcard is right there for the taking.  You forget that Josh Allen is a turnover machine and an injury machine.  His recklessness throwing the football and running upfield is his undoing.  He's RGIII.  Just a matter of time before The Big Knee and there goes your season.  I'm thinking Week 8.  Maybe Week 9.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

It's a phony 4-1 as your wins are against teams with a combined record of 4-15 and you lost hard to the one legitimate playoff team you faced.

The Bills are the Jets, just backwards.  You got off to a lucky hot start, we got off to an unlucky one.  You'll end on a lousy losing streak, we'll end on a hot streak. 

I'll say this now because I know you won't come back here in December when we've knocked you out of the playoffs:  HAHAHAHAHAHA.

Have a Happy New Year.

SAR I

Lost hard to the PATS. Get off the weed guy. Pats vs Bills was tough defensive game. Bills had the ball at the end to win the game. Couldn't get it done. Jets vs Pats. Jets offense didnt even score and the Pats dropped 30 on the Jets. Case closed.

• Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The Jets can't win the division, Sam Spleen has seen to that.

But the wildcard is right there for the taking.  You forget that Josh Allen is a turnover machine and an injury machine.  His recklessness throwing the football and running upfield is his undoing.  He's RGIII.  Just a matter of time before The Big Knee and there goes your season.  I'm thinking Week 8.  Maybe Week 9.

SAR I

No one pays you to think. Trust me.

• Sympathy 1

40 minutes ago, Mastenpark said:

Lost hard to the PATS. Get off the weed guy. Pats vs Bills was tough defensive game. Bills had the ball at the end to win the game. Couldn't get it done. Jets vs Pats. Jets offense didnt even score and the Pats dropped 30 on the Jets. Case closed.

Who's the Bills third string quarterback?  Quick.  Name him without looking it up. 

Thought so.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Mastenpark said:

No one pays you to think. Trust me.

Like I said, its a matter of time until the inevitable RGIII ending, enjoy the winning while you can.  77% of teams that open 4-1 make the playoffs.  Oops.

12/29, right around 4:15PM.  You won't come back here, but HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

Like I said, its a matter of time until the inevitable RGIII ending, enjoy the winning while you can.  77% of teams that open 4-1 make the playoffs.  Oops.

12/29, right around 4:15PM.  You won't come back here, but HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

SAR I

So let me get this straight: Jets fans who are pessimistic about the 0-4 Jets are sad sack losers. But Bills fans who are optimistic about the 4-1 Bills are delusional.

Serious question: do you really not see the issue with this?

9 minutes ago, jgb said:

So let me get this straight: Jets fans who are pessimistic about the 0-4 Jets are sad sack losers. And Bills fans who are optimistic about the 4-1 Bills are delusional.

Based upon his posts I've seen he does not.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, SAR I said:

No, you said that all this past week.  You said that with Darnold back picking apart the weak Eagles D we were going to win for sure, you practically guaranteed it.

So don't back down this week.  We're the home team.  That gives Darnold an even bigger advantage.

SAR I

Dont twist my words around.  Thinking a qb can have a big week cause he is facing an awful secondary is much different then having him turn into andrew luck or 2002 chad pennington and being a top qb in the league.

• Sympathy 1

8 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

SAR says we have andrew luck/2002 chad pennington entering the lineup next week.  Sweet!!!!!!!!

And if you disagree with SAR then you're a Joe Benigno SOJ "lovable loser" type who secretly hates the Jets and is only happy when they're losing.  

27 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

And if you disagree with SAR then you're a Joe Benigno SOJ "lovable loser" type who secretly hates the Jets and is only happy when they're losing.  

No, im going to be realistic and know that when darnold returns, he still has a long way to good.  

He is nowhere near a top 5 or 10 qb that those guys were.

7 hours ago, jgb said:

So let me get this straight: Jets fans who are pessimistic about the 0-4 Jets are sad sack losers. But Bills fans who are optimistic about the 4-1 Bills are delusional.

Serious answer:

What I thought about these two teams in August I still believe in October.  That the Jets are a playoff team and that the Bills are improved but not as good as the Jets.  And I see that view derailed by a ridiculous act of God that cost us our starting quarterback until Game 5.

So the Jets fan shouldn't be pessimistic because we just faced a very tough schedule and are soon getting Sam back and the Bills fan shouldn't be optimistic because they just faced a cake schedule and they have a flawed quarterback.

Do yourself a favor and disregard everything you have seen offensively from this team against the Browns, Patriots, and Eagles.  Because that's not the real Jets.  That's a team down to its emergency quarterback who shouldn't be playing in the NFL.  Our defense is playoff caliber, our special teams are playoff caliber, we just need our quarterback back.

SAR I

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1