Observations

18 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

Taking a good player away from his natural position just because next man up is a question mark is bad coaching, IMHO.  Keep the QB's weapons in their rightful place and let's see if next man up on the outside surprises.  Can't be any worse then what we were seeing.  Gase is no mastermind IMHO.        

Oh bullsh*t.  They did play Bellamy on the outside and they sucked.  They are trying new things bringing in Thomas and the guy from the Texans.  There is only so much you can do. 

2 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

A few posters have mentioned this guy about 3,384 times....

usa_today_11546410.0.thumb.jpg.25931c8b4829488c518f90451f5ded6a.jpg

For the record, I still don't want him.

You didn't want Andy Reid too.  So yes you and Macc should hang out together. A lot of wild common sense between you too.   

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

1. Offensive line - This is on Gase, Frank Pollack and the players.  We've had no injuries and the Jets have been putting what they believe is their A team on the field.

The people who assembled this line (wasn't Gase or JD) are no longer here for a reason. The Oline was neglected for a decade what a shocker that there is absolutely no talent on it. Yeah, it must be the new coach

4 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

1. Jets fans have to feel really frustrated because outside of Gase and the playcalling, there really is nobody around to blame and yell at. Macc is gone so you can't yell at him. Douglas just got here. The owners aren't changing so there's no use to yell at them. And the injury gods can't be reached. It's a very odd situation where Gase is the only reasonable target for the frustration of the fans (some of it well earned however). 

2. Joe Douglas should, of course, be looking into selling off pieces in order to get draft picks. How he can do with that is beyond anyone's guess

3. I don't think Gase gets fired during the year, but if they keep going like this they may have no choice. Douglas is here for 6 years (there's a reason he held out for that length BTW. He knew this would take a while). So he really isn't tethered to anybody there. 

4. The NFL just seems blah this year. There seem to be more 3-0 teams than usual. It's starting to look like MLB. where there is a greater disparity between teams and the haves and have nots.

5. I loved that Gregg Williams hire from the beginning and so far, with an undermanned crew, he has done a solid job.

I suppose for 2. there is some good discussion on what we could get for those we would part with. I'd like to keep both safeties, but at this point(not sure what he is worth) but I would trade L. Williams. Just a hard one since his ~14M salary the remaining of the year minus the 3 games played would prevent even a higher draft pick that would be tough already to get a high one. I'd also consider trading Robbie Anderson, but don't want to do anything to cause even more problems for this O than it already has. I don't want to trade solid players like LB Jenkins.

It's all simple for me. If the Oline functions then plays can be called and plays can be made, defense can get a rest.

The rest isn't horrific. You fix that one piece and it transforms this team.

Our Oline players aren't stars but the way they have operated seems more about assignments and coaching than ability IMO. Said it before, if they can just be good, not great, not pro bowl but good then it would go a long way.

Not much to be optimistic about as far as I am concerned.   I was no fan of the AG hire but wanted to give the guy the benefit of the doubt even though he had a losing record in Miami.  My issue - actually have a few but lets just talk about OL.  Last year's unit was rated in the middle of the pack.  2/3s of the current line is made up of the same players....  They added two supposedly x=pro bowl players at LG and C to up-grade the line YET the OL has regressed into a dysfunctional unit to the point of being inept.  see NE stats 105 total yards (I do not think RK Os were that bad)

One can argue as some posters have that they haven't played together, and I agree it takes time to gel.  But when our HC was ask if he was concerned about their lack of playing time before the 1st game, he stated  no because they are veterans.  So I have to ask what the hell has AG and Frank Pollack our OL coach  been teaching?  f 

Since the 1st game we have seen confusion in blocking assignments, miss communications and just blow assignments.  Now is it the scheme or the players or both.  I believe both.  I have to ask what the hell the coaching staff is seeing in practice that makes them think that players are getting it?   

Also, I am have a difficult time believing that in one year all of these guys just because incompetent.  Anything is possible I guess so maybe its just me but I am thinking our O coaching staff is part of the problem and not part of the solution.  Thoughts    

21 minutes ago, SOJ said:

Not much to be optimistic about as far as I am concerned.   I was no fan of the AG hire but wanted to give the guy the benefit of the doubt even though he had a losing record in Miami.  My issue - actually have a few but lets just talk about OL.  Last year's unit was rated in the middle of the pack.  2/3s of the current line are made up of the same players....  They added two supposedly x=pro bowl players at LG and C to up-grade the line YET the OL has regressed into a dysfunctional unit to the point of being inept.  see NE stats 105 total yards (I do not think RK Os were that bad)

One can argue as some posters have that they haven't played together, and I agree it takes time to gel.  But when our HC was ask if he was concerned about their lack of playing time before the 1st game, he stated  no because they are veterans.  So I have to ask what the hell has AG and Frank Pollack our OL coach  been teaching?  f 

Since the 1st game we have seen confusion in blocking assignments, miss communications and just blow assignments.  Now is it the scheme or the players or both.  I believe both.  I ask what the hell are they seeing in practice that makes them think that they got it?  

Also, I am have a difficult time believing that in one year all of these guys just because incompetent.  Anything is possible I guess so maybe its just me but I am thinking our O coaching staff is part of the problem and not part of the solution.  Thoughts    

Gase answered the question as any other head coach should. He's not going to say his line isn't going to be ready.

Pollack was also supposed to be an upgrade for coaching the line.

In my opinion it is a combination of factors. Injuries during the preseason is a major factor. Add  in that Kalil thus far is a major downgrade and Osemele looking like toast, and the talent has gone from poor to terrible. Add in zero playing time together and here you are...

On the OL, the Jets off season thesis was that veteran players who already started to decline would revert to their past better play with new coaching.

I think Bellichick would tell you that that thesis is usually wrong.   My guess is that if you did the analytics players ratings start to decline at a certain age and continue to decline.  They also likely peak at a certain age and don’t get better. 

So although we all bought into the hype, there was no logical reason to think that this line would be better than last year.  Stupid question-how is Carpenter playing for the Falcons?

For some other stupid reason, I thought the Jets would be running a man blocking scheme  I thought their line was better suited to that.  Winters and KO are not zone blockers