It’s my fault

Viermoo

On 10/8/2019 at 1:08 PM, Viermoo said:

I don’t know why I did it. I’ve been a Jet fan for over 30 years so I know what it’s all about. Still though, I made my son a Jet fan. I love him. I really do. I just can’t explain why I passed this misery on to him. Forgive me my boy.

Both of my daughters as well. I have already apologized  to both multiple  times but they not only like the Jets, they became hardcore fans. They really love football, especially  my younger one and they hate the Giants. I remember the last time the Giants won the SB my younger kid was really upset. I asked, her what was wrong, the Pats lost. You should be happy about that. She told me now I have to go to school and see all these dumb f**k Giants fans talking s**t about them.  It's  about the only time my kid ever cursed in front of me. 

On 10/8/2019 at 1:18 PM, UntouchableCrew said:

I've thought long and hard about whether to force any of my loser franchises on my kids. It would be easier if I had left NY (grow up outside Chicago? Root for the Bears!) but I'm still in NY and would have a hard time with a kid who liked the Giants. So should I ruin his/her sports life to spare my own annoyance? Time will tell.

No, you need to do it. I'm a casual Yankees fan and my Daughter is a Red Sox fan. 

On 10/8/2019 at 3:16 PM, slats said:

My kids think football is stupid. They’re smart. I raised them well. 

Had it been up to my parents, I’d’ve been a Giant fan. I’m not nearly as smart as my kids. 

My whole family are Giants fans

I grew up near Shea and use to ride my bike there and sneak into games. After the first Qrt started, the guards were more interested in smoking cigarettes  instead of chasing us. It was just fun getting into the stadium bit I actually liked watching the games and got hooked

• Upvote 1

I don’t know why I did it. I’ve been a Jet fan for over 30 years so I know what it’s all about. Still though, I made my son a Jet fan. I love him. I really do. I just can’t explain why I passed this misery on to him. Forgive me my boy.

Now all you have to do is send him for some private one on one training with Ike Turner and Scott McCloughan and your son will be the trifecta of wholesome goodness.

7 hours ago, Dcat said:

He's here.  I am devising a slow, diabolical, 5-year plan to make him a Jets fan and without the Giants fans realizing. Joe Douglas better help me out. Any suggestions are welcome.

baby.jpg

Congratulations.  He is a beautiful little boy.  Good luck to you and the family.

• Sympathy 1

7 hours ago, Dcat said:

He's here.  I am devising a slow, diabolical, 5-year plan to make him a Jets fan and without the Giants fans realizing. Joe Douglas better help me out. Any suggestions are welcome.

baby.jpg

Congratulations! What an absolutely beautiful little guy. Going out on a limb here, but he looks like mommy?? Seriously, enjoy this most wonderful of gifts.

• Sympathy 1

7 hours ago, section314 said:

Congratulations! What an absolutely beautiful little guy. Going out on a limb here, but he looks like mommy?? Seriously, enjoy this most wonderful of gifts.

Thank you. My 1st grandchild. Son in law and other grandfather are Giants fans.

15 hours ago, Dcat said:

Of course she isn't.  How confusing your divided fandom must be for her. 

She's 15 months, which means her competency is on par with yours. So yes, it's a bit confusing for her at this stage. But in about 3 weeks she'll be 16 months which means she'll be past your ceiling and will have a bit more understanding. 

Also, congrats on your grandchild. ?

• Upvote 1

Every dad wants their son to be like them.  It is part of passing along your gifts to the next generation.  Or curse, depending on how you look at it.

I have a son as well, and I tried very hard to make him both a Jets fan and a Mets fan.

Well, my son is a huge Mets fan, but I have failed in that he is a huge NY Giants fan as well.

But he did something very special for me.  I got tickets for him and I to go see the Jets and Giants in November's game.  Without me knowing, he sent away for a NY Jets jersey with Klecko on the back, so that I can wear it to the Jets game when we go together.  He is a Giants fan, but I'm okay with that.  At least we have the Mets together.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

4 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

She's 15 months, which means her competency is on par with yours. So yes, it's a bit confusing for her at this stage. But in about 3 weeks she'll be 16 months which means she'll be past your ceiling and will have a bit more understanding. 

Also, congrats on your grandchild. ?

Thank you very much, VTF!

Ahhh yours is only 15 months!  Congrats.  That's good news for you too.  It gives you time to get your NFL loyalties in order so she can see how it's done.  Come on....  make her a Jets fan. Then she can torture you too.   :cheers:

• Sympathy 1

10 hours ago, Dcat said:

Thank you very much, VTF!

Ahhh yours is only 15 months!  Congrats.  That's good news for you too.  It gives you time to get your NFL loyalties in order so she can see how it's done.  Come on....  make her a Jets fan. Then she can torture you too.   :cheers:

Haha, by the time she's 3 years I'll be a full-fledged Brownie's fan by then, still posting on a Jets forum trying to explain how that's totally okay. ?

She'll recognize daddy's desperation and will stay away from both teams.

As long as she stays far away from the Jets or any QB her daddy vouches for, she'll know no pain or suffering. ?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Haha, by the time she's 3 years I'll be a full-fledged Brownie's fan by then, still posting on a Jets forum trying to explain how that's totally okay. ?

She'll recognize daddy's desperation and will stay away from both teams.

As long as she stays far away from the Jets or any QB her daddy vouches for, she'll know no pain or suffering. ?

This is POTY worthy.  Enjoy the games and time with your baby girl today.  Finally a day when I actually get to use Sunday Ticket.  (Haven't had it in 3 years but AT&T threw it in for free to save my account, without any contract.  I am so done with AT&T.  DTV was once great.  Now it's bottom of the barrel and a major rip off.  It hasn't adjusted to the changing times and it will perish if it continues not to do so.  After week 17, I'll switch to streaming and send them my equipment. )

• Upvote 1