Does Browns Odell Beckham want to jump ship after 1 bad season in Cleveland?

NFL rumors: Does Browns’ Odell Beckham want to jump ship after 1 bad season in Cleveland?

Updated 1:19 PM;Today 11:01 AM 
(John Kuntz, cleveland.com)

cleveland.com

Is wide receiver Odell Beckham looking for an exit strategy after one bad season with the Cleveland Browns?

Things are not going well in Cleveland.

The Browns are 2-6, a promising season digging deeper into the abysswith each passing Sunday. Star wide receiver Odell Beckham, who the Browns acquired from a trade with the Giants this offseason, is showing more signs of being disgruntled on a near-weekly basis, too.

Beckham has reason to be upset.

He has one touchdown catch in eight games, an 89-yard score against the Jets that he did most of the work for. He is rarely targeted in the red zone, with just three all season according to ESPN Stats and Info.Beckham is 31st in the NFL in receptions (39) and 18th in yards (575), not the kind of numbers expected from one of the best receivers in the league.

With an apparent lack of understanding and chemistry between him and starting quarterback Baker Mayfield, and with some baffling play-calling from struggling first-year head coach Freddie Kitchens, these issues do not seem ready to be solved in the near future.

That’s why Mary Kay Cabot of Cleveland.com speculates Beckham could be on the way out if things don’t straighten out soon.

“In this era of NFL players suddenly calling their shots, Beckham will soon stand up and speak his mind if he doesn’t think the Browns are destined for greatness soon. Heck, even Josh Gordon, with his star-crossed and substance-abuse marred career, finagled his way to New England for a stint with the Tom Brady … Former Jaguars cornerback Jalen Ramsey dug in his heels until he forced a trade to the Rams — the same Rams that Beckham has said he’d love to play for.”

Cabot adds that Beckham “laments the fact that Mayfield won’t take a chance on him when seemingly double-covered.” She points to OTAs in the summer as the beginning of the problems arising between Beckham and the Browns, when the wide receiver “grappled with the trade.”

“Beckham had made it clear he wanted to play for a Super Bowl contender like the Patriots or the Rams. He’s an LA kind of guy who lives there in the offseason and vacations in Paris and Monaco. He admires genius coaches like Bill Belichick and Sean McVay and has longed to play with a superstar quarterback like Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers.

Instead, he was banished to Cleveland and paired with an unproven first-time head coach and play-caller who had never been a full-time coordinator.”

Beckham’s contract with the Browns runs through the 2023 season at an average of about $14 million in base salary per year, but his guaranteed money on that deal has just about run out.

Could he dig his heels in and force Cleveland to ship him away to a contender? If things don’t get any better soon for the Browns, he very well could, turning it into the saga of the offseason.

Beckham back in NY would be amazing. Get Beckham and keep Demaryius and Robbie. This exact same group can become lethal. 

However, getting him would mean no first round pick this year and possibly no 2nd either and we really need to fix the OL. Need to invest the first 3-4 picks on OL each of the next 2 years to find at least 3 solid starters. The Beckham wet dream goes to Sh*tsborough. 

16 minutes ago, isired said:

It's pretty funny how the Giants buried him in the Cleveland dumpster fire. Gettleman probably sits back with a cigar every Sunday night and chuckles about it.

I have to wonder what Giants fans think of Gettleman right now.  He passed on Darnold but people are questioning Darnold right now (note that I'm still a firm believer in Sam).  Saquon hasn't been as great this year but people are still comparing him to Barry Sanders.  And Daniel Jones has had a pretty nice start to his career (I think).  I think an argument can be made he's doing a reasonably good job as GM of the NYG so far.  (I'd still take Joe D over him, btw).

I have to wonder what Giants fans think of Gettleman right now.  He passed on Darnold but people are questioning Darnold right now (note that I'm still a firm believer in Sam).  Saquon hasn't been as great this year but people are still comparing him to Barry Sanders.  And Daniel Jones has had a pretty nice start to his career (I think).  I think an argument can be made he's doing a reasonably good job as GM of the NYG so far.  (I'd still take Joe D over him, btw).
I don't think they're loving Gettleman. Daniel Jones has been pretty bad outside of the Bucs and Lions games, #31 and 30 pass defenses.

10 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

You love Beckham. Its cool. Personally I think it would a disaster to the tenth power but you keep on stroking that salami.

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

Beckham is an undisciplined route runner, doesn’t fight for balls, can’t catch all that well and is a giant pain in the neck. He’s lucky he got that contract when he did.

Im really not an OBJ fan at all just posted the article. 

Ironically and sadly he would be the best WR on the Jets roster if they were to acquire but so would 3/4 of the WR's in the NFL. 

57 minutes ago, isired said:
1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I don't think they're loving Gettleman. Daniel Jones has been pretty bad outside of the Bucs and Lions games, #31 and 30 pass defenses.

Unfortunately he is going to come away looking like a god on Sunday. 

2 hours ago, MicDrass1 said:

He’s slightly above avg.  wheels aren’t there.  Seperation an issue.  But the Jets would be a team to highly covet and pay more than they should.  Stay away.  He will not turn ny into contender.  He’s not randy moss.  Not even close. 

I agree with some of what you are saying but you are way off about his athleticism the dude is a freak problem is Baker Mayfield stinks

That and OBJ is a mentally weak bitch who cannot handle NY

2 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

You love Beckham. Its cool. Personally I think it would a disaster to the tenth power but you keep on stroking that salami.

Relax we’re not getting Beckham 

Browns will give up on Baker Suckfield before they trade away OBJ and that’s the right move

• 2 months later...