Jump to content

Recommended Posts

The name I wanted before we hired Gase was Pete Carmicheal from the saints.  Too bad either he does not want to be a head coach or there is something not there for hc material.  He has been oc for consistently some of the top offenses in the game and has been with payton for years.  I wonder why  he has never gotten a shot at hc.

 

Although not a well known name your guy has a better resume than gase already.  Part of a successful nfl tree in now orleans and showing he can do it in college.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Pennington said:

You want a name that no one has been smart enough to bring up as the coach to develop Darnold and be the long term answer that this franchise hasn’t had in decades. Well this is the guy and I will be the first to name him as the guy I want to coach the Jets.

I am sure that none of you have even heard of Joe Brady. Well this is the guy that has turned the LSU offense from complete garbage to arguably the best in the country and turned Joe Burrow from mediocre college QB to a Heisman trophy winner and sure fire first round pick.

LSU hired Brady from the Saints where he learned under Sean Payton. Brady is only 30 years old and is basically the college version of Sean McVay. Hire him now while we have the chance instead of waiting until it’s too late. Yes it may be a year or two early and it’s definitely a risky hire but we will be kicking ourselves in a few years when Brady becomes a head coaching star elsewhere. Swing for the fences and hire Joe Brady as the next head coach of the Jets.

He's an up and comer no doubt. Biggest question is how would he field a NFL staff and how would he be able to keep the players respect. That's a tough task if you ask me for a 30 year old that will now be coaching spoiled millionaires with egos the size of the moon.

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, RobR said:

He's an up and comer no doubt. Biggest question is how would he field a NFL staff and how would he be able to keep the players respect. That's a tough task if you ask me for a 30 year old that will now be coaching spoiled millionaires with egos the size of the moon.

he will probably do it the same way Sean McVay did it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, fusionCA said:

he will probably do it the same way Sean McVay did it 

McVay held the position of OC at the NFL level.  Brady has never been a coordinator even at the college level, is 30 years old, and you want to hire him as our next HC? 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just want a guy who has a name that will fit nicely on a banner when the time comes to demand he gets fired after a slow start. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, RobR said:

McVay held the position of OC at the NFL level.  Brady has never been a coordinator even at the college level, is 30 years old, and you want to hire him as our next HC? 

i dont want to hire anyone , i dont even know who the guy is.

 

i just think that this respect thing is bullsh*t  , if you are a good coach and win the players will respect you , if you are a bad coach and lose they will not 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, fusionCA said:

i dont want to hire anyone , i dont even know who the guy is.

 

i just think that this respect thing is bullsh*t  , if you are a good coach and win the players will respect you , if you are a bad coach and lose they will not 

All I'm saying is press the brakes because this guy is 30 years old and has never been more than a passing game coordinator at the collegiate level. McVay earned his chops at the NFL level......big difference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When asked about how much Burrow has been this year, Saban basically said in his presser that Brady's system is the reason for Joe Burrow's rise this season.  Said it presents a lot of challenges etc.

If Saban is praising someone like that, the guy can coach .

I'm not advocating for him as a  NFL HC yet, but he's obviously turning heads.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, HawkeyeJet said:

When asked about how much Burrow has been this year, Saban basically said in his presser that Brady's system is the reason for Joe Burrow's rise this season.  Said it presents a lot of challenges etc.

If Saban is praising someone like that, the guy can coach 

I'm not suggesting he can't coach and quite to the contrary I said he was an up and comer. I can't see him being ready to be a NFL HC...do you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RobR said:

I'm not suggesting he can't coach and quite to the contrary I said he was an up and comer. I can't see him being ready to be a NFL HC...do you?

No, I actually went back and edited my response to include that right after I hit submit.  That's quite a jump to make.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This type of stuff though also is why I don't think Gase will ever turn it around.  Gase is either to egotistical or too inept to go out and find sharp young minds to be on his staff to push himself forward.  

Instead he surrounds himself with retreads hacks like Loggains and others.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Given how poor a team and franchise we are, hiring a  very young coach, who's close to being a contemporary of the players, sounds like yet another recipe for disaster. Before we ever do something like that, I think we need to hire an experienced NFL coach who has a proven record of winning as a HC or a coordinator, and who can implement a standard of excellence that we are sorely lacking. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brady is really impressive: he's basically running the Saints offense in college. I think it's a perfect marriage between him and Burrow who has good throwing mechanics, pocket presence and decision making. LSU used to be a place where QBs go to die, now they're Air Coryell.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People laughed when the Rams hired Sean McVay with the conventional wisdom being he was too young and not quite ready for the big time. Those same people would snicker if we hired Brady but just like McVay it won’t be long before this guy is considered one of the best coaches around.

Brady learned under one of the great offensive coaches in football and what he has done with LSU is nothing short of incredible. Burrow was a guy that looked undraftable a year ago and now he is a lock Heisman winner who may end up the first pick in the draft. For once I would like to swing for the fences and hire a guy that the potential to lead this team for the next decade and turn Darnold into the great QB I think he can be.

The fact is this is a long term project with this roster as bad as it is. Yes I realize that this move may be a year or even years too early but we can let Brady grow with Darnold. Honestly it’s enough with the retreads and has beens with no upside. Joe Brady is quite possibly the next McVay and the time to get him is now before a smart organization or big time college program hires him.  Take a chance on greatness and hire this guy to turn us into a championship organization.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Pennington said:

You want a name that no one has been smart enough to bring up as the coach to develop Darnold and be the long term answer that this franchise hasn’t had in decades. Well this is the guy and I will be the first to name him as the guy I want to coach the Jets.

I am sure that none of you have even heard of Joe Brady. Well this is the guy that has turned the LSU offense from complete garbage to arguably the best in the country and turned Joe Burrow from mediocre college QB to a Heisman trophy winner and sure fire first round pick.

LSU hired Brady from the Saints where he learned under Sean Payton. Brady is only 30 years old and is basically the college version of Sean McVay. Hire him now while we have the chance instead of waiting until it’s too late. Yes it may be a year or two early and it’s definitely a risky hire but we will be kicking ourselves in a few years when Brady becomes a head coaching star elsewhere. Swing for the fences and hire Joe Brady as the next head coach of the Jets.

Ed O is the guy I want but he would never leave coaching successfully in the SEC to come to this crapshow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Y2jets said:

Ed O is the guy I want but he would never leave coaching successfully in the SEC to come to this crapshow

Orgeron is a figurehead coach who will only be successful when he has great coaches around him. Brady has made this coach not the other way around. LSU basically went from having a Jets like offense to KC or New Orleans overnight with the only difference being Brady added to the staff. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Pennington said:

People laughed when the Rams hired Sean McVay with the conventional wisdom being he was too young and not quite ready for the big time. Those same people would snicker if we hired Brady but just like McVay it won’t be long before this guy is considered one of the best coaches around.

Brady learned under one of the great offensive coaches in football and what he has done with LSU is nothing short of incredible. Burrow was a guy that looked undraftable a year ago and now he is a lock Heisman winner who may end up the first pick in the draft. For once I would like to swing for the fences and hire a guy that the potential to lead this team for the next decade and turn Darnold into the great QB I think he can be.

The fact is this is a long term project with this roster as bad as it is. Yes I realize that this move may be a year or even years too early but we can let Brady grow with Darnold. Honestly it’s enough with the retreads and has beens with no upside. Joe Brady is quite possibly the next McVay and the time to get him is now before a smart organization or big time college program hires him.  Take a chance on greatness and hire this guy to turn us into a championship organization.

 


I think Brady's done an excellent job but he was a grad assistant for Penn State 3 years ago. He's never been higher than a position coach... a HC's skillset requires way more than just having a good offensive mind, copying Sean Payton's playbook and teaching it to college kids.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Pennington said:

You want a name that no one has been smart enough to bring up as the coach to develop Darnold and be the long term answer that this franchise hasn’t had in decades. Well this is the guy and I will be the first to name him as the guy I want to coach the Jets.

I am sure that none of you have even heard of Joe Brady. Well this is the guy that has turned the LSU offense from complete garbage to arguably the best in the country and turned Joe Burrow from mediocre college QB to a Heisman trophy winner and sure fire first round pick.

LSU hired Brady from the Saints where he learned under Sean Payton. Brady is only 30 years old and is basically the college version of Sean McVay. Hire him now while we have the chance instead of waiting until it’s too late. Yes it may be a year or two early and it’s definitely a risky hire but we will be kicking ourselves in a few years when Brady becomes a head coaching star elsewhere. Swing for the fences and hire Joe Brady as the next head coach of the Jets.

nice take. well done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, fusionCA said:

i dont want to hire anyone , i dont even know who the guy is.

 

i just think that this respect thing is bullsh*t  , if you are a good coach and win the players will respect you , if you are a bad coach and lose they will not 

You've obviously never seen Stand and Deliver or Dangerous Minds. That's what NFL locker rooms are like. You gotta EARN that respect, teach.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Pennington said:

You want a name that no one has been smart enough to bring up as the coach to develop Darnold and be the long term answer that this franchise hasn’t had in decades. Well this is the guy and I will be the first to name him as the guy I want to coach the Jets.

I am sure that none of you have even heard of Joe Brady. Well this is the guy that has turned the LSU offense from complete garbage to arguably the best in the country and turned Joe Burrow from mediocre college QB to a Heisman trophy winner and sure fire first round pick.

LSU hired Brady from the Saints where he learned under Sean Payton. Brady is only 30 years old and is basically the college version of Sean McVay. Hire him now while we have the chance instead of waiting until it’s too late. Yes it may be a year or two early and it’s definitely a risky hire but we will be kicking ourselves in a few years when Brady becomes a head coaching star elsewhere. Swing for the fences and hire Joe Brady as the next head coach of the Jets.

Why not take a chance? 99% of us didnt know who Joe Douglas was either. Sometimes new blood is necessary. 

With that said, we need to be real about 1 thing, and that is Sam Darnold. This would be his 3rd HC in as many seasons, and it isnt unreal to think that a hot shot head coach is going to want 2 things. 

#1. Control of hiring his coaching staff

#2. A QB he's comfortable with. 

 

If you're certain about Joe Brady as a coach, then are you willing to move on from Sam if Brady decides that he wants to go into another direction in order to implement his offense? That's a legit question for any coach, especially when that coach is also being paired with a GM that also didnt draft Sam Darnold. In otherwords, there's no loyalty or jobs riding on Sam Darnold's success.

To be clear, im not taking any unnecessary shot at Sam. It's clear that Sam has no chance in his current situation. This Jets team is a f'ing embarrassment. My point is that  a new coach doesnt have to care about Sam Darnold, and honestly, I dont want to be forcing players on the coach or Front office. If we believe in them, then give them the freedom to build the team. 

 

I'll look into Joe, as I never heard of him. Good post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
McVay held the position of OC at the NFL level.  Brady has never been a coordinator even at the college level, is 30 years old, and you want to hire him as our next HC? 
Can he be any worse than what we have now ?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Pennington said:

Orgeron is a figurehead coach who will only be successful when he has great coaches around him. Brady has made this coach not the other way around. LSU basically went from having a Jets like offense to KC or New Orleans overnight with the only difference being Brady added to the staff. 

Oh. I don't care about his coaching. I just want to listen to his press conferences/interviews. He's straight out of waterboy. Love him and his voice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Pennington said:

You want a name that no one has been smart enough to bring up as the coach to develop Darnold and be the long term answer that this franchise hasn’t had in decades. Well this is the guy and I will be the first to name him as the guy I want to coach the Jets.

I am sure that none of you have even heard of Joe Brady. Well this is the guy that has turned the LSU offense from complete garbage to arguably the best in the country and turned Joe Burrow from mediocre college QB to a Heisman trophy winner and sure fire first round pick.

LSU hired Brady from the Saints where he learned under Sean Payton. Brady is only 30 years old and is basically the college version of Sean McVay. Hire him now while we have the chance instead of waiting until it’s too late. Yes it may be a year or two early and it’s definitely a risky hire but we will be kicking ourselves in a few years when Brady becomes a head coaching star elsewhere. Swing for the fences and hire Joe Brady as the next head coach of the Jets.

And while you are at it, draft Joe Burrow.  I am really starting to see the quality QB he is and his low turnover rate.  I know this probably won't happen since we just got Gase and Darnord and they need time and I am not ready to give up on them but my patience is starting to wear thin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
You want a name that no one has been smart enough to bring up as the coach to develop Darnold and be the long term answer that this franchise hasn’t had in decades. Well this is the guy and I will be the first to name him as the guy I want to coach the Jets.
I am sure that none of you have even heard of Joe Brady. Well this is the guy that has turned the LSU offense from complete garbage to arguably the best in the country and turned Joe Burrow from mediocre college QB to a Heisman trophy winner and sure fire first round pick.
LSU hired Brady from the Saints where he learned under Sean Payton. Brady is only 30 years old and is basically the college version of Sean McVay. Hire him now while we have the chance instead of waiting until it’s too late. Yes it may be a year or two early and it’s definitely a risky hire but we will be kicking ourselves in a few years when Brady becomes a head coaching star elsewhere. Swing for the fences and hire Joe Brady as the next head coach of the Jets.

I’m in. You seem so convicted and confident that I am now 100% in the Kyle Brady for HC camp. You make great points and I’m at a complete loss for who is left out there. Truly I’m lost.

I wanted McCarthy last time and I’d still be happy with him but that’s not happening. Tom Brady it is!!



Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Skeet Ulrich said:


I think Brady's done an excellent job but he was a grad assistant for Penn State 3 years ago. He's never been higher than a position coach... a HC's skillset requires way more than just having a good offensive mind, copying Sean Payton's playbook and teaching it to college kids.

Payton became great when he got Drew Bree's coincidence?? Nah BB started to shine when he got Brady.. The Tuna never had a HOF QB and did pretty well. There is more then one way to skin a cat..B)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the NFL good coaches have the good players and they screw up less.  Luck of the draw.  Hire Pennington 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So LSU scored another 58 points last night. Before this season they had an offense that was just as inept as the Jets current offense and Joe Burrow was considered a day three pick at best. Joe Brady is an offensive genius and the best coaching candidate out there at any level.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...