132 members have voted

1. 1. Why do you hate Jamal Adams?

• We should have drafted Mahommes
    • t0m Shane told me to
    • He talks too much
    • I like Jamal Adams
    • FU, pal

13 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The only thing that matters in pro football in 2019 is stopping opposing passers from throwing TD's.  Despite Jamal's "career day" on Sunday we allowed 4 TD's to rookie QB Daniel Jones.  

He was also sh*tty against Ryan Fitzpatrick and Gardner Minshew, which is something the fanboys casually ignore.

Not a single one of those TD's were on Jamal. 

Jetsfan80: I care about the team, not individual stats.

* Jets win, Adams has a great game. * 

Also Jetsfan80: ROOKIE QB THREW 4 TD's AGAINST US AND THAT'S WHY JAMAL IS WORTHLESS

I'll watch the Fitzmagic and Minshew highlights tonight and see how sh*tty Adams was in coverage.

9 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

They still have time with his contract. 

The longer we wait to trade him, the more his value drops and the less likely we will make a trade.  Thus, the more likely we'll be forced to negotiate on an extension.  Spoiler alert:  He's not giving us a hometown discount.  

7 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Not a single one of those TD's were on Jamal. 

Jetsfan80: I care about the team, not individual stats.

* Jets win, Adams has a great game. * 

Also Jetsfan80: ROOKIE QB THREW 4 TD's AGAINST US AND THAT'S WHY JAMAL IS WORTHLESS

I'll watch the Fitzmagic and Minshew highlights tonight and see how sh*tty Adams was in coverage.

You do that.  And I'm 100 % confident your conclusions will be unbiased and fair.  

Guys up in here saying Adams is great, Adams is a game-changer, Adams is great in coverage, Adams is a winner, Adams is a leader when that same guy wasn’t worth an extra third rounder to go along with a laaaaate first rounder to anyone else in the league. So, which is it: Jamal is great, or Jamal is a player that nobody else in the league wants all that much? 

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

Dude I'm at work so I'm shuttling back and forth. I thought you were talking the percentagethe player broke up. Easy error to make.

No. That’s WR completion percentage against them. I said Adams isn’t bad at coverage he has a 50% completion rate against him, you said that sucks I don’t even know why you would post that so I then posted the percentages of the other top S in the NFL who I had already looked and they were all worse then Adams. 

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The longer we wait to trade him, the more his value drops and the less likely we will make a trade.  Thus, the more likely we'll be forced to negotiate on an extension.  Spoiler alert:  He's not giving us a hometown discount.  

He shouldn’t, it’s a business. And yes you’re right. If Douglas doesn’t plan on extending him he should trade him. They should do that with every player. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Nice to see someone admit when they're wrong.

3 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

No. That’s WR completion percentage against them. I said Adams isn’t bad at coverage he has a 50% completion rate against him, you said that sucks I don’t even know why you would post that so I then posted the percentages of the other top S in the NFL who I had already looked at end they were all worse then Adams. 

Yeah I misunderstood it. Sue me.

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Guys up in here saying Adams is great, Adams is a game-changer, Adams is great in coverage, Adams is a winner, Adams is a leader when that same guy wasn’t worth an extra third rounder to go along with a laaaaate first rounder to anyone else in the league. So, which is it: Jamal is great, or Jamal is a player that nobody else in the league wants all that much? 

Adams wasn't on the trade block but had multiple teams calling to try and make a trade at the deadline because they thought the Jets were having a fire sale. The new GM didn't find any of the offers to be good enough for an all-pro safety on his first contract.

Just now, Barry McCockinner said:

Adams wasn't on the trade block but had multiple teams calling to try and make a trade at the deadline because they thought the Jets were having a fire sale. The new GM didn't find any of the offers to be good enough for an all-pro safety on his first contract.

Nice spin.  It remains true that the best offer he got in the end was a late 1st rounder and nothing more.  

6 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

You added that last line in the previous post. It would have worked to if New York Mick didn't quote it. I even added your bullsh*t for proof. Credibility taking a big hit there Sunshine. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Well, he WAS just named defensive player of the week...

https://www.newyorkjets.com/news/jamal-adams-named-afc-defensive-player-of-the-week

Ouch...

14 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

Dude I'm at work so I'm shuttling back and forth. I thought you were talking the percentagethe player broke up. Easy error to make.

10 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Tsk tsk tsk tsk. What a little bitch move.

image.png.141f27134dfbb9cbdfbfac612a5249d4.png

2 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

You added that last line in the previous post. It would have worked to if New York Mick didn't quote it. I even added your bullsh*t for proof. Credibility taking a big hit there Sunshine. 

credibility taking a hit? lmao - not sure how I'll go on with the big hit against my JI credit.

this was me making a joke - and trying to help you out with what you should have said.

Just now, Barry McCockinner said:

credibility taking a hit? lmao - not sure how I'll go on with the big hit against my JI credit.

this was me making a joke - and trying to help you out with what you should have said.

What I should have said? Hahahahahahahahahahah

Just because you polish Adams knob doesn't mean everyone should. I thought you knew that? 

Wait you think he can cover. Sorry for your mistake.

2 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

What I should have said? Hahahahahahahahahahah

Just because you polish Adams knob doesn't mean everyone should. I thought you knew that? 

Wait you think he can cover. Sorry for your mistake.

You were presented with facts, misread them and argued he wasn't good because of your misread. When corrected - you then disregard the facts and claim someone who thinks he's good in coverage is polishing Adams knob.

Glad to see we're having a rational conversation here. Credibility and all.

19 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Spin? You call what TS says spin too or nah?

I say Daniel Jones threw 4 TD's against the Jets D, and that the Jets D is ranked # 28 in the NFL.  Both are facts that demonstrate Jamal has little positive impact on the Jets defense or in the W/L column.  

Jamal fans' response is to talk about his leadership, individual awards, and show a couple highlight clips of a Safety making a play around the LOS, as if that's the most important thing in the world for an NFL Safety to be good at in 2019.  

You tell me which one is "spin".  

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

I say Daniel Jones threw 4 TD's against the Jets D, and that the Jets D is ranked # 28 in the NFL.  Both are facts. 

Jamal fans' response is to talk about his leadership, individual awards, and show a couple highlight clips of a Safety making a play around the LOS, as if that's the most important thing in the world for an NFL Safety to be good at in 2019.  

You tell me which one is "spin".  

My response to your 4td drum beat has been that none were on Jamal but you conveniently ignore 

If you don't think Adams is a good safety I don't believe you are understanding what you're watching. Just my opinion.

3 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

My response to your 4td drum beat has been that none were on Jamal but you conveniently ignore.

And you conveniently ignore that Jamal spending something like 35% of the snaps freelancing around the LOS puts a strain on the pass defense.  He is absolutely responsible for a major chunk of the pass yardage/TD's this defense allows.  

• Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And you conveniently ignore that Jamal spending something like 35% of the snaps freelancing around the LOS puts a strain on the pass defense.  He is absolutely responsible for a major chunk of the pass yardage/TD's this defense allows.  

Source to claim that he's freelancing 35% of the time. You make a lot up to feed your hate.

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You watched the whole game over again, you tell me.  How often is Jamal covering ANYBODY?

I haven't rewatched the whole game. I rewatched the highlights to see if any of the TD's were on him. Most of them he was in coverage on the other side of the field. On one of them I couldn't locate him so he may have been rushing.

Of course you're correct he spends a lot of time in run support and rushing the passer. But to say he's 35% of the time freelancing at the LOS - you simply can't know that. You don't know what defense is being called. Why make it up?

35 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

You were presented with facts, misread them and argued he wasn't good because of your misread. When corrected - you then disregard the facts and claim someone who thinks he's good in coverage is polishing Adams knob.

Glad to see we're having a rational conversation here. Credibility and all.

No. You polish his knob because you changed a post because it's what YOU thought I should have said. Remember? That is what you wrote right? Or did you change that as well to suit your needs? Doesn't matter. Chow down.

image.gif.eaa41c4a93d5e52e28ba8aae6b3f3e73.gif

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Just because teams don't want to give up draft picks for Jamal Adams means nothing. Jamal Adams is a NY Jet every team in the league when making trades wants players for less than nothing. The members of this forum have spoken look at the vote. How does the Miami trade of Minkah Fitzpatrick to Pittsburgh look now, trade Jamal Adams and NY Jets fans will get what Miami is getting in all that........burned.