132 members have voted

1. 1. Why do you hate Jamal Adams?

• We should have drafted Mahommes
    • t0m Shane told me to
    • He talks too much
    • I like Jamal Adams
    • FU, pal

1 minute ago, Untouchable said:

Trading him for a 1st and 3rd round pick to help further bolster the OL and WR corps thus putting our talented young QB in the best position to succeed.

Which could turn out to be busts like so many times before..................

What if draft picks vs Jamal Adams 

I take Jamal Adams all day everyday. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 4
  • Sympathy 3

I hated him cuz he talked too much and did nothing yet. Just recently he opened his mouth and made a fool of himself and the team and seemed to learn from it ? Then he single-handedly lit up the Giants. So I was proud of him and I'm officially on his jock so so F U pal!! Lol!

I no longer want to trade Jamal, I now want to trade CJ Mosley and Bell. And I will sign Robby Anderson 4 short money but only if he cuts off his latest stupid haircut. Actually he's been on his best behavior so he's a good dude too. Also..f u pal.

• Thumb Down 2
  • WTF? 2
  • Sympathy 2

1 minute ago, Untouchable said:

Don’t hate him 

But simply ask yourself what you would prefer...

Extending Jamal Adams at $15-16 million a year and keeping his 2-3 big games a year around for the foreseeable future.

or

Trading him for a 1st and 3rd round pick to help further bolster the OL and WR corps thus putting our talented young QB in the best position to succeed.

I’ll personally take option B.

i pretty much agree.  at the end of the day it's about fielding a whole team.  if trading adams helps get a bunch of good players then they should make the trade.  if it doesn't then you keep him at the risk of paying him when he re-signs.  it's actually a good place for the jets to be.  they pretty much win either way.  

i do disagree about him only having 2-3 big games per season.  give adams some wins and hope and he'll respond.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Don’t hate him 

But simply ask yourself what you would prefer...

Extending Jamal Adams at $15-16 million a year and keeping his 2-3 big games a season around for the foreseeable future.

or

I’ll personally take option B.

Fair question, but why do we "simply need to ask ourselves what we'd prefer"?  I think we've already done that and most people would be willing to trade JA for a valuable haul of Draft picks.  But that's not the question.  The trade deadline has passed.  If the Jets are going to move him it won't be happening for another 5 months at the earliest.

It's almost like people actually dislike having JA here.  Today's gripe seems to be that he "trolled Daniel Jones."  This, after making one of the best singlehanded defensive plays we've seen a Jet make this decade (blowing up Saquon Barkley on the way from picking the pocket of a New York Giants QB and running into the end zone for a TD).  Is he not supposed to celebrate that a little?  Doing it in a way that's both funny and doesn't even name or mention the other guy or team?  People seem to get more fired up and negative about him after a great game than anything else.

This whole notion of disliking Jamal because he plays Safety, because he's a little brash, and because he hasn't been traded yet by our sh*tty team that can't capitalize on his talent because the cupboards are empty everywhere around him is simply mind-boggling to me.

I think what you're saying is that you actually LOVE Jamal Adams because of what he can potentially get for the Jets in terms of Draft picks, right?

Or, are we saying that if we have great players on non-premium positions (Offensive Guard, Inside Linebacker, D Tackle, Slot WR, etc.) we shouldn't like them because we should find a way to turn them into something better at a position of greater need?

Shouldn't the Colts be trading Quenton Nelson in order to get an Edge rusher?  Shouldn't the 49ers be trading FB Kyle Juszczyk for a WR?

• Upvote 1

I remember when I first started going to see they Jets back in 1981.  I was in High School back then.  Anyway....  My favorite player was Gastineau.  I loved the sack dance and the 80's mullet.  Now that I'm an old geezer (53) I don't care much for all the celebrating and flamboyant diva stuff.   Still...  I guess the younger fans dig Adams and his brand of fun.  Not like he is getting suspended for whatever reason or doing violence.  He's just being a guy in his 20's and he's playing really good football.  

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Fair question, but why do we "simply need to ask ourselves what we'd prefer"?  I think we've already done that and most people would be willing to trade JA for a valuable haul of Draft picks.  But that's not the question.  The trade deadline has passed.  If the Jets are going to move him it won't be happening for another 5 months at the earliest.

It's almost like people actually dislike having JA here.  Today's gripe seems to be that he "trolled Daniel Jones."  This, after making one of the best singlehanded defensive plays we've seen a Jet make this decade (blowing up Saquon Barkley on the way from picking the pocket of a New York Giants QB and running into the end zone for a TD).  Is he not supposed to celebrate that a little?  Doing it in a way that's both funny and doesn't even name or mention the other guy or team?  People seem to get more fired up and negative about him after a great game than anything else.

This whole notion of disliking Jamal because he plays Safety, because he's a little brash, and because he hasn't been traded yet by our sh*tty team that can't capitalize on his talent because the cupboards are empty everywhere around him is simply mind-boggling to me.

I think what you're saying is that you actually LOVE Jamal Adams because of what he can potentially get for the Jets in terms of Draft picks, right?

Or, are we saying that if we have great players on non-premium positions (Offensive Guard, Inside Linebacker, D Tackle, Slot WR, etc.) we shouldn't like them because we should find a way to turn them into something better at a position of greater need?

Shouldn't the Colts be trading Quenton Nelson in order to get an Edge rusher?  Shouldn't the 49ers be trading FB Kyle Juszczyk for a WR?

I personally don’t have a problem with the twitter post trolling Jones. It was funny.

I’m simply weighing Adams’ value as a player vs what he will cost to keep longterm vs what he can bring us in a potential trade.

As of right now, I’d trade him.

But if he continues to stack performances like he put on tape against the Giants and looks like the 2nd coming of Troy Polamalu...well, it becomes a much harder decision for me.

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

I personally don’t have a problem with the twitter post trolling Jones. It was funny.

I’m simply weighing Adams’ value as a player vs what he will cost to keep longterm vs what he can bring us in a potential trade.

As of right now, I’d trade him.

But if he continues to stack performances like he put on tape against the Giants and looks like the 2nd coming of Troy Polamalu...well, it becomes a much harder decision for me.

Same here.

If a team came to the Jets with a late 1st and two 2nd round picks.....I'd probably say goodbye Jamal and thank you.  But the way this guy is elevating his game this year is sick.  He's one of the only defenders on the Jets that opponents fear and try to stay away from....but they can't.  He's doing it all against the run, against the pass, scoring TDs, etc.

As I said, I'd trade him if the compensation was excellent but it's a hard decision.  I do feel like it would be one of those trades where 2 or 3 years from now we'd be asking ourselves, "if we only had a do-everything playmaker on this D....a difference maker that other teams find it impossible to gameplan around, someone who brought the fire."

I think we'll end up trading a generational defensive talent just to turn our sh!t OLine into something adequate and maybe find a WR2.  Imagine that, needing to trade the best player you've drafted since Darrelle Revis simply because you haven't been able to find an OT and some OGs. Only the Jets!

• Upvote 1

I like Jamal, but sometimes I get sick of him selling himself. We know you're good Safety you don't have to keep telling us. I also see him in blown coverages giving up TDs weekly and over running tackles quite a bit for someone who talks as much as he does. Many times Maye has the better day, and keeps his mouth shut. Fir that,  I'm a huge Maye fan. Good kid, good underrated player.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I don;t hate the player.  I just think he is massively overrated and is the type of player that in the end does not help you win.  A smart Gm would trade him now when his value is at an all time high.

The Steelers are called geniuses for snagging Minkah and the Fish look like idiots. 

I am not quite sure trading him for the sake of trading him is smart. I'm sure if a team overwhelmed Douglas he would have accepted the offer. It's flat out stupid to just force a trade because "OMG Safeties don't matter." 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

40 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I will like him best as a Dallas Cowboy in 2020, while we hopefully finally do something with the picks we get for him to help the Offense.

Strong Safeties don't win championships.  Offenses scoring points does.

The fact our "best player" is a Strong Safety best known for pass rushing says everything you need to know about why this team is where it is today, sitting at 2-7 and another wasted season winding down.

None of this is hate.  Just business.

Couldn't have put it better myself.

I've said it before and I will say it again: When your best player is a safety your Team sucks. 

Plus Jamal Adams is a luxury that a 2-7 team with the holes this one has will not be able to afford. Sucks but it's true.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

11 year window besides Jamal Adams,Sam Darnold,Quinnen Williams we have nothing from our #1 picks. Draft picks aren't a sure thing and any and all NY Jets fans should know this better than anyone. 

2019 Quinnen Williams  Alabama 

2018—Sam Darnold, QB, Southern California

2017—Jamal Adams, S, LSU

2016—Darron Lee, LB, Ohio St.

2015—Leonard Williams, DE, Southern California

2014—Calvin Pryor, DB, Louisville

2013—Dee Milliner, DB, Alabama

2012—Quinton Coples, DE, North Carolina

2011—Muhammad Wilkerson, DT, Temple

2010—Kyle Wilson, DB, Boise St.

2009—Mark Sanchez, QB, Southern California

2008—Vernon Gholston, LB, Ohio St.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

11 year window besides Jamal Adams,Sam Darnold,Quinnen Williams we have nothing from our #1 picks. Draft picks aren't a sure thing and any and all NY Jets fans should know this better than anyone. 

2019 Quinnen Williams  Alabama 

2018—Sam Darnold, QB, Southern California

2017—Jamal Adams, S, LSU

2016—Darron Lee, LB, Ohio St.

2015—Leonard Williams, DE, Southern California

2014—Calvin Pryor, DB, Louisville

2013—Dee Milliner, DB, Alabama

2012—Quinton Coples, DE, North Carolina

2011—Muhammad Wilkerson, DT, Temple

2010—Kyle Wilson, DB, Boise St.

2009—Mark Sanchez, QB, Southern California

2008—Vernon Gholston, LB, Ohio St.

What does that history have to do with Douglas and Gase?

4 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

The Steelers are called geniuses for snagging Minkah and the Fish look like idiots. 

I am not quite sure trading him for the sake of trading him is smart. I'm sure if a team overwhelmed Douglas he would have accepted the offer. It's flat out stupid to just force a trade because "OMG Safeties don't matter." 

We have no CBs, no pass rusher, no olineman, no #1 WR. 

You don't give him away but if you can parlay a safety into some high picks imo you do it.

The problem with Adams is almost all of his effectiveness comes from him run stopping or blitzing.  Yeah he makes some big plays but the team is exposed in  other ways when the SS is committed to be that kind of player.

We will have to see what Miami gets out of the Minkah deal.  They are set up for a true reset with draft assets.  The jets not so much.

• Upvote 4

13 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I don;t hate the player.  I just think he is massively overrated and is the type of player that in the end does not help you win.  A smart Gm would trade him now when his value is at an all time high.

In terms of positional value, I get it.  But I also think the way the Jets use him almost makes his position irrelevant.  Let's say, for the sake of argument, he was an OLB/Edge guy.....wouldn't the Jets actually be looking to trade FOR a guy who does stuff like this on Sunday?

1529180823_ScreenShot2019-11-12at1_48_37PM.png.db5f1757ae01156fbf9f4a48783efd04.png

I don't care if we label him a Kicker....I want a guy who is being lined up all over the place like a Swiss Army Knife, generating 8 solo tackles, 2 sacks, forcing 2 fumbles (one recovered by Barkley, one he returned for a TD), hitting the QB and defending passes.

Christian McCaffrey is ONLY a Running Back....but he had 107 receptions last year for Carolina.  He has RB+WR value.

Lamar Jackson is the QB....but he has 702 rushing yards and 6 rushing TDs.  He has QB+RB value.

Production matters, position doesn't.  

The Jets can label him as a Safety but I....

Bored Get Out GIF by John Crist Comedy

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I love Adams.

People hate on him because

a) We took him over Mahomes and Watson

b) Some guys have an issue with brash young black players speaking their mind

c) He's the poster child/face of the franchise during the worst period the last twenty-five years of Jets football.

I wanted Watson. I agree with you there but the other two points I disagree with.

I would have a problem with him speaking out no matter what color he is. You're 2-7 and most of the talking was done while win less. Come on. Its like you're celebrating individual accomplishments instead of having a team goal. When you "celebrate" a 4th down stop and your team is down by 3 TD's that is not team play.  

Jamal is a good player who sometimes plays great. He will command a large contract that this team will not be able to afford. Not with all the holes it has on both sides of the ball. It makes sense to trade him for a large haul now with time left on his rookie deal to maximize that haul. Adams plays at a less than marquee position and for a team that has the needs this does I just can't see paying him the salary he will surely command. His value to this team is in what he would net in a trade rather than what he does on the field. At this point in time that is the truth.