Is Gregg Williams going to leave us?

Rhg1084

8 hours ago, Maxman said:

Gregg will only leave for a HC job. I don't see it happening. I think he will be back.

agreed, only team i can see bringing him in for an interview would be the Redskins.  Other than that I dont see a fit anywhere.  

If he gets poached id keep a close eye on the ATL situation.  Dan quinn will probably be fired and his defensive scheme isnt very far off from Greg.  They share similar beliefs and technique preferences, and he has a good resume as a defensive coach (job with the falcons not withstanding).  

9 hours ago, Matthew007b said:

There's a few teams I bet who would easily let him try.. Bengals might.  I'm also wondering what his contract status is.  He's done a great job.

I believe the rule is, no team can deny other from stealing a assistant if they are offering HC. Williams might say to jets” dudes many other teams want me to be their HC, ZERO want Adam Gase to be their HC.. So FU pay me or I walk “ ha

• Sympathy 1

9 hours ago, Beerfish said:

He has done a great job so far.

The biggest plus?  He plays the best players.  No chance Todd bowles would have let a guy like phillips or even fatuska play as much ss they do this often.

No doubt.

Could you imagine Bowles benching a healthy defender, making elite money, in weeks 2 and 3 -- at home on MNF and then a September divisional game in Foxboro?

It's a far cry from the days of benching Mo for a whole entire quarter, after however many instances of blowing off & coming late to team meetings/walkthroughs. Yeah Mo eventually got benched for an entire game, but that could be even better-rationalized in mid-December by the team not wanting to risk injury where they'd have to eat yet another year of his ridiculous contract.  I mean the season was over by then, and they all knew it so it didn't have nearly the same wow-factor. 

10 hours ago, Nixhead said:

Give him a raise. Make him Co-Head coach. Keep him here - I agree! Maybe he likes it here? Our players seem to really respond to his coaching. Maybe he doesnt want to be a head coach at this point? I dont know but Im all for continuity.

isn't he already head coach defense? he has got the defense playing pretty, even more impressive considering the number of injuries.

I've been thinking about this most of the Season myself and if he leaves that would really suck. It has been noted that I liked Williams as well as Adam as our head coach when both of them were first free and I really think we lucked out.
I hope they're smart enough to keep this together. We are just starting to really see what real football men can achieve for this team for the first time in god-knows-how-long.

Good stuff
I’m still not a big Adam Gase fan though and wonder if he’s the guy. I’m not throwing stones at him currently but I have a lot of concerns.

Williams on the other hand was the guy I wanted as our DC. If I was Cleveland I would have retained him and I was happy when they didn’t. He’s a solid coach and is consistent. He’s not bellichik but he’s one of the good ones and has been for many years. Not one of these flash in the pan types that have one good year and get a HC job. (Todd Bowles)

I could see the Redskins giving him a call but he would most likely turn that down because of his history with Snyder. But money is money. If Snyder throws 4-5 mil a year at him, Williams is gone.

Let’s hope Gregg is tired of the carousel and just wants to be somewhere long term. Like Westhoff. Just stay here and make it your home.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Good stuff
I’m still not a big Adam Gase fan though and wonder if he’s the guy. I’m not throwing stones at him currently but I have a lot of concerns.

Williams on the other hand was the guy I wanted as our DC. If I was Cleveland I would have retained him and I was happy when they didn’t. He’s a solid coach and is consistent. He’s not bellichik but he’s one of the good ones and has been for many years. Not one of these flash in the pan types that have one good year and get a HC job. (Todd Bowles)

I could see the Redskins giving him a call but he would most likely turn that down because of his history with Snyder. But money is money. If Snyder throws 4-5 mil a year at him, Williams is gone.

Let’s hope Gregg is tired of the carousel and just wants to be somewhere long term. Like Westhoff. Just stay here and make it your home.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

The way I see it..if this is a new band, they played their first show yesterday. Our current  potential Mount Rushmore consists of Gase, Darnold, Williams, and Douglas.. and obviously Christopher Johnson is the man behind the curtain. Let's hope he stays there LOL!?

Darnold is only 22 years old so his experience is zero but he's a blank canvas so to speak. As I have expressed in multiple threads, I feel that Sam has a very high floor and obviously an unlimited ceiling . 

There really isn't a weak point in Sams game that can't be attributed simply to youth, inexperience and the fact that he has had multiple offensive coordinators. This kid can literally do everything right. He's smart, he can lead, he can run and throw, in fact he can make every throw that a quarterback needs to make. From touch passes to zip balls and Frozen Ropes I've seen it all and in a very short span.

Most impressive is this kids class and demeanor. And as I have also stated I would have a hard time trading him for any other quarterback in the league right now without serious consideration.

As far as the Head Coach, defensive coordinator and GM, I will stay with the rock and roll analogy and might even dare to say this is a supergroup!? Just a little bit of research will tell you where all of these men have been who they have worked with and the success they have had. Very intriguing considering the assistant coaches they have brought in as well. I will gladly state that I have liked this line up from the get-go and I see really great things coming in the future.

We just need to keep the band together and maintain some stability as this is what's best for and will benefit our young  franchise quarterback.  So the plan is in place and jets fans just need to be patient and watch it all unfold.

Yesterday was our first taste...