Confirmed: John Dorsey & browns go separate ways

9 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

In 2013 our O line had 2 near HOF level players (Nick and Brick) and a good defense. Geno was a turnover machine. Total fluke year. 

So because of two good OL who were both past their prime winning 8 games that year with maybe the worst starting QB of the past 25 years is less of an achievement than Gase winning 7 games with Sam Darnold?

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

Sam Darnold is mono.

The Jets were last in offense this year and an absolute sh t show because of it.. He went full Sanchez/(insert name of any other USC QB).

See how easy it is for everyone else to post dumb stuff in rebuttal to dumb stuff?

Uh ok.

Baker Mayfield sucks and is a headcase

On 12/31/2019 at 8:20 PM, Adoni Beast said:

I feel like I need to preface any post I put defending Gase with a “I DONT LIKE GASE” lol Didn’t want him hired.

I wanted Kingsbury or Rhule. Next Monken, and even McCarthy who would have been a safe boring hire...but still better than Gase.

But I have to call it honestly. The players had every opportunity to quit on Gase (the biggest FU to any coach you despise). It usually results in a firing. Yet, they played harder, and not just Greg W’s D.

Another thing I give Gase credit on, he knew this roster was dog sh*t, and hated it so much he assassinated one of the guys who hired him, and replaced him with someone who has more clout/respect in the league than himself. Douglas can easily get rid of Gase in 2020, but Gase wanted the best available gm.

Gase and Sam have a bond. They seem to like each other’s vision for this team. They’re just not there yet. I’m Sam’s biggest defenders...but there were big plays left on the field all year (due to OL and some Sam). Well designed, perfectly timed, big play potential squandered. That’s part of growing for a 22 year old QB, but we can’t blame the O all on Gase.

I’m willing to have an open mind about. But if the OL and roster overall is upgraded substantially, the excuses will be gone, hopefully along with Gase.

This is a solid post right here. I feel the same way. I HATED the Gase hire. I HATED the intro presser.  I HATED how the draft went and that Gase disappeared. I HATED that he didn't allow the new kids to have their intro to the Jets presser. and on and on and on.  Hate Hate Hate. 

I have not gained a like for nor to I trust Gase as a HC or OC yet. But there were plenty of things that he did last year that have earned him another season. It begins with taking the bullet for Greg Williams when Avery Williamson was still in the preseason game and went down. I don't buy that it was Gase for a second. I also don't buy that he was the one who benched Adams in the Cleveland game. He's taking full responsibility for his staff and the team. That speaks volumes to the people around him and I believe why they kept clawing their way through a losing season to get to 7-9 from 1-7. 

And the injuries are real. Is it an excuse? Sure. But it's also the truth. We won't go through it all again but the injury thing was atrocious and unbelievable. We never played a single game where the team across from us had more starters out of the game than us. Thats nuts. 

If we're being honest and emotionless we can see that Gase actually did a pretty good job keeping this team together through some of the worst sh*t I've ever seen. 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Maxman said:

This made me laugh out loud from the article:

The best way to sell people on the virtues of Cleveland is by living in San Diego.

I'd never want to live in Cleveland, that's for sure, but there are a lot of cities that pale in comparison to what San Diego offers.

That's one hell of a commute though. LOL

10 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

The ghost of when Baker Mayfield was a successful nfl qb?

You're trying too hard now Phil. This is only fun when your comebacks are funny. I could say something like "well at least Mayfield had a successful rookie year", but Darnold has never had a "successful season", so that would be cruel.

So I'll just go QBR, hoping to get you back on your game.

19. Mayfield

25. Darnold

Good on Sam though, 25th is actually an improvement on his first year, so you have that.

• Thumb Down 1

Cleveland picks before the jets do.

Cleveland had a VAST amount more talent than the Jets (#1 CB, #1 pass rusher, Better oline, #1 back two good wide receivers.)

Baker lead his team to gross disappointment.  Baker had the 2nf most pic's in the league.

Mayfield is totally what I thought he was. Sanchez version 2.

31 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

I'd never want to live in Cleveland, that's for sure, but there are a lot of cities that pale in comparison to what San Diego offers.

That's one hell of a commute though. LOL

San Diego is amazing. To bad they don't have a football team though haha.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Mayfield is totally what I thought he was. Sanchez version 2.

This one is too easy.

Mayfield won the Heisman at Oklahoma. Had a record breaking rookie season, struggled in his second. PFF still has him as their second highest rated class of 18 QB for '19, and his QBR was higher then Allen and Darnold's also. He has fallen behind Jackson though, who will win the MVP. 

Sanchez and Darnold both went to USC, and performed in the NFL the way you expect USC QBs to perform. They both came out too early. Both were high 1st round picks by the Jets. Sanchez did play very well in playoff games however.

So I think you're mistaken. If there's such a thing as Sanchez version 2, I think 99% of people are going with Darnold. Except for the playoff games Sanchez played well in, they could be the same guy. LOL.

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

So because of two good OL who were both past their prime winning 8 games that year with maybe the worst starting QB of the past 25 years is less of an achievement than Gase winning 7 games with Sam Darnold?

No, because the rest of the roster was better too

1 hour ago, 14 in Green said:

You're trying too hard now Phil. This is only fun when your comebacks are funny. I could say something like "well at least Mayfield had a successful rookie year", but Darnold has never had a "successful season", so that would be cruel.

So I'll just go QBR, hoping to get you back on your game.

19. Mayfield

25. Darnold

Good on Sam though, 25th is actually an improvement on his first year, so you have that.

The only thing funny is Baker’s meltdown and his fanboys like you acting like this is a blip

All active NFL GM’s would take Darnold over Mayfield now

The one GM who preferred Mayfield is now unemployed 

38 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

This one is too easy.

Mayfield won the Heisman at Oklahoma. Had a record breaking rookie season, struggled in his second. PFF still has him as their second highest rated class of 18 QB for '19, and his QBR was higher then Allen and Darnold's also. He has fallen behind Jackson though, who will win the MVP. 

Sanchez and Darnold both went to USC, and performed in the NFL the way you expect USC QBs to perform. They both came out too early. Both were high 1st round picks by the Jets. Sanchez did play very well in playoff games however.

So I think you're mistaken. If there's such a thing as Sanchez version 2, I think 99% of people are going with Darnold. Except for the playoff games Sanchez played well in, they could be the same guy. LOL.

You and the USC like a broken record

How many great NFL QBs have recently come out of the Big 12?

Too much hate in Baker- 

but I’m glad he’s not a Jet. He’ll be 25 this season. Sam is 3 years younger and 3 inches taller.

sad for browns fans that Dorsey is leaving. He had some misses but I respect him having his own mind even if it didn’t work out. Taking Baker and Ward at 1 and 4 took balls

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

20 hours ago, T0mShane said:

There’s no doubt Baker is a cocky a-hole, but Landry was screaming in Kitchens’ face all year and OBJ was begging other teams to trade for him during games. You can tolerate a douche or two in any huddle, but when you combine a bunch of douches, they form a Douche Voltron and wreck your team. I think that’s more likely what happened here. 

This is true but those dudes just want the Football and get frustrated when they dont get it.  That's not very different than any WR in the league.  It's not like Mayfield wasnt also yelling at coaches, media, teammates and challenging fans to a fight.  I mean, this dude has a long history of polarizing onfield antics dating back since college.   Pretty sure the WR's were just frustrated with the coaching staff, rightfully so.

Mayfield is about to be on his 4th HC is 3 years.  This is consistent since his time in college.  That aint OBJ and Landry's fault.   They might be douches but when your leader is the biggest dbag on the team and hasnt done a single thing to warrant it, that's the problem.   OBJ and Landry can produce at an elite level and can carry some ego because they back it up on the field.  That's not the case with Mayfield, he sucks.   That stuff matters in the locker room.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Maxman said:

This made me laugh out loud from the article:

The best way to sell people on the virtues of Cleveland is by living in San Diego.

Not only is it funny that he lives in SD, but he’s been a baseball guy his whole life.  Could you imagine the Jets having Omar Minaya be the interim GM?  Lol...

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, JiF said:

This is true but those dudes just want the Football and get frustrated when they dont get it.  That's not very different than any WR in the league.  It's not like Mayfield wasnt also yelling at coaches, media, teammates and challenging fans to a fight.  I mean, this dude has a long history of polarizing onfield antics dating back since college.   Pretty sure the WR's were just frustrated with the coaching staff, rightfully so.

Mayfield is about to be on his 4th HC is 3 years.  This is consistent since his time in college.  That aint OBJ and Landry's fault.   They might be douches but when your leader is the biggest dbag on the team and hasnt done a single thing to warrant it, that's the problem.   OBJ and Landry can produce at an elite level and can carry some ego because they back it up on the field.  That's not the case with Mayfield, he sucks.   That stuff matters in the locker room.

You’re probably right. He apparently did this at Texas Tech, too. I hope he grows up because he could be a huge, fun thing for the league 

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

You’re probably right. He apparently did this at Texas Tech, too. I hope he grows up because he could be a huge, fun thing for the league 

Just a recap; Kliff Kingsbury, Bob Stoops, Lincoln Riley, Hue Jackson, Greg Williams, Freddie Kitchens and some poor bum yet to be named.  

That's not coincidence. 

10 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

This one is too easy.

You're not watching the games if you think they are the same guy.  Sanchez came in with a loaded OL and running game and still couldn't do half of what Darnold can.  Sanchez won in the playoffs because the D and running game got him to the playoffs.  I suspect that you will feel very foolish about all your Sam bashing in a couple of years.  But for now, have fun.

1 hour ago, JiF said:

He invites people into his home every week. He cleans up after they leave with a dust buster. His girlfriend wants a straw and he walks across the field to get her one.

I fell like you don't even know Baker Mayfield.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

This one is too easy.

Sanchez looked better shirtless. 

• Haha 1

On 12/31/2019 at 2:24 PM, Icer said:

Firing your front office & coaches every 2 years is a good way to make sure no one respectable wants to work for you

Yeah follow the Jets route waiting at least FOUR years to fire anybody and only do it after getting a big fat contracts the year before.  And when the most accomplished coach who fill all the boxes like developing QB, resurrecting washed up superstar career, winning SB, real offensive genius dying to come to the Jets pass him over for a first time failure who had never developed anybody and the young stud QB whose two previous years had 4,000 yards 26 TD, he was brought to develop became a bench warmer and another coach had to resurrect his career.  

11 hours ago, David Harris said:

Too much hate in Baker- 

but I’m glad he’s not a Jet. He’ll be 25 this season. Sam is 3 years younger and 3 inches taller.

sad for browns fans that Dorsey is leaving. He had some misses but I respect him having his own mind even if it didn’t work out. Taking Baker and Ward at 1 and 4 took balls

I like my quarterbacks to not be midgets with borderline personality disorder