Confirmed: John Dorsey & browns go separate ways

3 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Said this in a thread a few days ago, but 8 months ago tons of people were slurping Dorsey for spending all the money and using all the picks Sashi Brown accumulated.  Brown was widely panned. 

I think Dorsey is good. He built them a nice roster. He messed up hiring Freddie kitchens as HC, but browns should stay the course.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

12 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Yes, because if there is one organization that doesn't tolerate losing and makes sound decisions, it's the Cleveland Browns.

No staying with guys like Hugh Jackson, and Marvin Lewis sure does spur winning, and also attracts the top players in the world to come.

Good lord

• Haha 1

Gase earned a shot at 2020 with the inherited roster, the injuries, the 6-2 second half, and helping recover Darnold from near career meltdown (NE/JAX games were baaad).

I just hope the owners and front office are ready to move on if Gase face plants once the built-in excuses are gone next year.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1

39 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Would be nice to bring him into the front office in some way. I think Cleveland would be making a big mistake.

Wouldn't be the 1st time. lol From letting Hue Jackson, the worst HC in NFL history stay as long as he did to booting out GW after last years turn around this franchise has a recent history of bad moves. Dorsey has brought in the talent. Like to see him here in some FO position. Browns are the NFL's most unstable franchise. And you wonder why Brian Rhule said "no thanks".

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

translation:  There is an irreconcilable difference between Dorsey and ownership in the Head Coach hiring process or about the candidates themselves.  I got a feeling the owner is taking charge of hiring new HC.  

Jetsy, isn't it?

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

Honestly I don't know you well enough to know if this is sarcasm. Sure hope so.

I've read posts from people that post here.  In another thread, for example, one of them says Fitz is a better QB than Sam. Another calls Chan Gaily a great play caller.  A couple on this thread admiring the way the Browns operate.  So don't assume sarcasm.

• Upvote 1

Imo, his downfall was his choice in coach, not his choice in player personnel. 

Hard to believe he'd risk his job hiring a first time coach that has barely any experience. 

This isn't me piling on Baker, but I wonder if how much input he had in the Kitchens hire?

Was he in Dorsey's office begging for the Kitchen hire or even demanding it? 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Imo, his downfall was his choice in coach, not his choice in player personnel. 

Hard to believe he'd risk his job hiring a first time coach that has barely any experience. 

This isn't me piling on Baker, but I wonder if how much input he had in the Kitchens hire?

Was he in Dorsey's office begging for the Kitchen hire or even demanding it? 

Gotta wonder if that decision was totally his or if Haslem had major input.