Is Today the Last Day of the Patriots' Dynasty?

7 hours ago, FloridaJetsFan said:

You need to apologize and eat some humble pie dude!!!!!

You were right, I was wrong.  Couldn’t be happier to say that.  

it certainly does seem like the end of an error.  So many times before I thought they were finished and came back to win a super bowl.

Not this time.  .  Division is up for grabs next year. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

18 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

But as a Jets fan it means nothing if the Patriots still win the division every year but fail to get through the playoffs. I care about New England being knocked down a peg in the regular season. 

That is more to do with Miami,, and The Jets failure  to field quality teams.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

That is more to do with Miami,, and The Jets failure  to field quality teams.

In part, but look at the NFC East for example. The Eagles won it at 9-7. The last time 9-7 won the AFC East was in 2002 when the Jets did it if I'm remembering correctly. I'll believe the Patriots dynasty or run of dominance is done with when their win-loss totals change in the regular season. Because I really don't care if they win Super Bowls or not if they are still winning the AFC East every year. 

But I do agree that part of their dominance does have to do with the quality of the other teams in the division. The Jets have to get better. 

• Upvote 2

23 hours ago, RoadFan said:

Impossible... as long as the game stays close. 

Henry will run over 9 guys in the box in the 4th quarter.  Makes no difference.

23 hours ago, RoadFan said:

He had a sore hamstring that day or something? 

I don't agree.  This game is about Henry pummeling them in wet weather.  I think the Pats' run defense is their weakness and expect Vrabel to attack it with his Humvee.  25-30 times...  I think they'll throw to the tight ends some too, but mostly run.

Nail meet head, nice call

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

You were right, I was wrong.  Couldn’t be happier to say that.  

it certainly does seem like the end of an error.  So many times before I thought they were finished and came back to win a super bowl.

Not this time.  .  Division is up for grabs next year. 

Welcome back from the Dark Side!!!! The future is bright!!!!

• Upvote 1

Lets play the what if game.  If Miami does not nix the trade for Brees because of the shoulder,  The AFC East may have looked totally different over the last 14 years.  The Pats may not have all 6 Super Bowls because Brady would have had to duel with Brees to win divisions.  I know could have, would have, should have.  It would have been interesting though.

If this deal goes down,  the dynasty may have never existed.

• Upvote 1

Thank you Mike Vrabel and the Titans for sticking it to the Pats and their fans.  Definitely a step in the right direction, particularly since it comes on the heels of an ignominious defeat in Miami.  I saw that Patriot fans were burning Brady's jersey after the game.  Guess they are too young or ignorant to know that for decades the Pats sucked.  Let's hope they never make the playoffs again.